ITT: Do you think you would enjoy music more if you didn't go on Sup Forums all the time

ITT: Do you think you would enjoy music more if you didn't go on Sup Forums all the time.

Seen as this board is basically waterfalls of negativity about everything and anything. And of course, non stop baiting.

I still enjoy music as much as before because I don't take anyone's opinions here seriously

nah, I actually feel like my music taste has expanded tenfold since I started lurking on Sup Forums. Kinda love it, kinda hate it, I don't think about it too much cause then I end up like OP.

this.

I dont know where else to discuss music. If I knew a better place, I'd use it instead

get get get get got got got got got

same
henry rollins

There's annoying people here for sure, but I generally love it here. And I love a lot of the anons, even if we disagree. We all love music. It doesn't matter if someone likes an album more than the other person, as long as they have not pleb tastes.

Me too. Hell, i'm always trash talking artists i love just for lol's and read other people giving me (you)'s

WHAT

No, not really. I don't like any bands that this board has an overall negative opinion on, besides maybe Death Grips. The real upsetting thing is the shitposting, which inhibits my ability to discuss the music I do like a bit. This board has some really shitty days (like yesterday) but as long as it's the best option by far then I'll keep coming.

if you wanted a (you) so badly just ask

Why don't you like DG

You misunderstood my post. DG is the only band I like that might have an overall negative reputation on Sup Forums.

gimme the (you)s please.

rollin

I meant to write "do", but heck, thanks for clearing that up

This place has helped me expand my taste. Before I started poking around Sup Forums I pretty much only liked electronic music, and pretty pleb-tier electronic music at that.

I've been introduced to a shitton of great artists thanks to Sup Forums. On the other end of the spectrum when it comes to the negativity and baiting, I've learned to just not take anyone here seriously. That's kinda what you have to do to enjoy Sup Forums in general without it becoming a never-ending abyss of negativity.

ROLLING HARD

No, I'm not a baby that gets physically sad when other people don't like what I like

I wish I never existed

>Try to have discussion thread
>Some autist gets mad
>Derail with rolls.
every tim

GIVE IT TO ME BOSS MAN

Well there are a lot of good recommendations here and trash talk is a basis of this whole site so no. I would enjoy music even less

mmmhhmhmmnnn

You could get good rec's from the RYM community without all the senseless baiting and shitposting.

o

probably

>be 13
>have 10 albums
>six of them are led zeppelin albums
>love every single one of them
>listen to them every single day, have emotional connections to them
>be 21 now
>have hundreds of gigs of music
>none of it is special to me anymore

is there any way to undo this?

rollin

>Death grip song
>Gets Death Grip guy
MEME MAGIC

pls be patrician meme

I quit Sup Forums for around 5 months about a year ago and during that period my enjoyment of music was unaffected but my general mood and outlook on life improved slightly. You'd be surprised how much better you feel when you remove all of this place's negativity from your life.

same, i only really browse Sup Forums when i'm feeling depressed. memes kill the pain

Yeah, go live your life.

You don't love music. You love the idea of having varied taste in it.
If you did love music this wouldn't be a problem for you.

welp

Then why are you back?

Idk how this could possible be happen but I feel immensely sorry for you

gimmie dem quads

definitely not. despite 9/10 threads being shite, that 1/10 is the reason i love music so much, because of how much Sup Forums has pushed my musical boundaries and helped me discover what i really like about various genres and artists.

Roll

trips pls

fuck, Ainsley is still p good though

Fuck

xD

x

I had a depressive episode that compelled me to return here in search of a sense of belonging. I haven't found it but I've still been unable to leave.

upyou'd

here we go

cance... i mean roll

Honestly it inspired me to gather some knowledge. I now have a critical approach to it.
Can't speak for the rest of Sup Forums, though. I'm gonna go ahead and say something between 80% and 90% of the people here don't know music theory. The average user is a 16 to 18 year old who probably just knows what a solo or riff is, and brags about his taste (a.k.a. blindly following a critic).

In your opinion, is Sup Forums actually a dangerous addiction that hurts you psychologically?

More like just a compulsion than a full blown addiction. I could probably quit if I really tried but I don't think it's enough of a detriment to my life to warrant the effort.

I enjoy more music since I came to Sup Forums

The trick is to not listen to the baiters and haters at all

Also: Kanye is objectively terrible

probably enjoy it more if i wasnt so fucking depressed lol

>I now have a critical approach to it.
Like what? How do you listen to music?

I wanted to be bury pink but not on the list ;_;

pls something nice

[spoiler]Your fortune: Reply hazy, try again[/spoiler]

Just listen to whatever YOU want and don't let some imageboard judge YOU on what YOU do,Find music YOU like.

>claims people shouldn't listen to baiters and haiters
>makes clear bait and hateful comment about a popular and loved artist

So basically you are the cancer you are preaching against?

No, because my opinion on Kanye is objective.

>lol
it gets better trust me

How so?

Kanye his above average production skills aren't enough to offset his terrible vocal work.

let's go

you're probably wrong but sure why not

>Kanye his above average production skills
Subjective criticism
>terrible vocal work.
Subjective criticism

Try again

:(

going for the gold, lads

gfnzasfghas

roll

aye aye

rollz

roll

this here

just do you homie

I just go on for brief periods, check the general goings on in the industry, look for share threads to dig out some rare stuff and look at recs for artists I like. I can't stay on here for too long, it gets super shit super fast.

neckbeard get

henry rolling

fml

rell

roll

roll fo 09

I'll take it.

first post best post

42 get

accurate

Literally what I do. I'm shitting on my favorite Beatles album on another thread just for keks

can't help it. Gotta roll.

roll

roll

Give it to me boi

without Sup Forums I would never have tried Sunn o))) in live. One of the most intense experience in my life. Thanks, Sup Forums.

(ye)

what is this mayme?

i am rolling for my own sake

me gusta jajaja

Roll

meeeeeee

k