Why is jazz so boring?

Why is jazz so boring?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xbZIiom9rDA&ab_channel=ropa79
youtube.com/watch?v=qDQpZT3GhDg&ab_channel=bretodeau
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it has zero balls and is just technical wankery hidden behind improvisation.

what jazz have you listened to

because you're a pleb

Because you haven't found the right jazz you like and rather than actually hunting you want to be spoonfed like a lil babby

It's not. You just don't have a very versatile palate.

Jazz is better appreciated if one actually plays it. Otherwise it usually sounds like elevator music to the average schmo.

>Otherwise it usually sounds like elevator music to the average schmo.
This is either a massive generalisation or a major underestimation of the average person's ability to distinguish
youtube.com/watch?v=xbZIiom9rDA&ab_channel=ropa79
from
youtube.com/watch?v=qDQpZT3GhDg&ab_channel=bretodeau

ur just not smart enogh to understand it

this

the average person has really shit taste though

You are comparing far out avant garde that most people will never hear to the very common classic swing. In both cases, average people will either not care for it or absolutely hate it. BTW avant garde is a shitty genre of jazz and just an excuse for drunk/high musicians to be lazy.

Boo/10

Babby can't handle Actuel or India Navigations

Never heard of them. If they were good I would have.

Why are jazz fans so gay?

Having shit taste doesn't usually impair your hearing and reasoning that badly.
I don't really care what you think about free jazz but you're using the word "jazz" as if that actually a descriptive label.
The type of jazz you're talking about is probably smooth jazz and maybe hard bop or soul jazz but jazz is a massively diverse 100 year old musical tradition and if you presented a evenly spread sampling of different tracks from jazz history to someone, they won't say a majority of them sound like elevator music because the average person is not that retarded and most jazz doesn't sound like elevator music.

Cuz we toot our floots :D

Because its song structure and harmonies are pretty different from your typical pop song (in the wide sense). The focus is usually on the intensity of the jam/improv, in jazz you enjoy the moment instead of how the song progresses and changes shape like in pop and western classical. It's important to be able to enjoy the sounds themselves for what they are, the music doesn't have the same clear feeling of narrative the music you probably enjoy now has... Find the groove and get lost in the solos, there's not really that much to get. At least that's how I've always enjoyed it, an actual jazz musician might have a very different opinion.

Don't need a music history lesson, 20 year jazz musician here. Just letting u know listening to weird jazz doesn't make you interesting.

They're record labels

That's a pretty presumptuous and immature thing to say. Do you mean you've been playing jazz for 20 years or that you are 20? Either way, someone your age shouldn't be so petulant.

>falling for the jazz meme

I really hope you are not trying to imply that Ellington's catchy songs are elevator music.

No. The guy I was responding to said normies think they are.

Love playing the Duke's music, cept swing only attract geriatric widows, not the masses. Just sayin

I got worried for a second. early vocal jazz is just too much fun to listen to and play.

Nah man, one of my first albums was a Louis Armstrong best hits on cassette, i was like 5 or 6. Still have that thing.

Fela Kuti is the only good jazz

god adorno was such a stupid faggot.

Sorry, I meant afrobeat as a whole

>I played these so much, they sound like they hav high and lowpass band filter now

now thats better

I think I had something similar if not the exact same box. It had Glen Miller though. Still love Goodman's clarinet solos, probably my favs of the era.

Jazz musician here, you are spot on. It becomes way more enjoyable once you play it and actually see the intricacies and skill required to play it without sounding like an idiot.

funny, you sound like a teenager

>the intricacies and skill required to play it
This isn't really the best reason to like jazz. A Love Supreme isn't a great record because Coltrane is a technically accomplished player.

Im saying playing it changes your perspective. Plus, I dont like most of Coltrane. He honks way too much. But you are completely entitled to like jazz however you want.

>Im saying playing it changes your perspective
I don't disagree with that, that was my experience when I started playing too.
I just think it does a disservice to a piece of art to appreciate it for being difficult and complex. It reduces improvisation to being a sort of sport where the end goal is to jump through as many compositional hoops as possible but if you're not actually using all that technique and theory to make your playing more emotive then what's the point?