Am I the only one who thought this was garbage?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Na240E0d-w8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just out of curiosity, what don't you like about it?

The fucking bass-hits, and pseudo darkness that it is trying to achieve. For dark ambient, I do not find it atmospheric in the slightest when there are constant bass hits.

No. This guy couldn't write a song to save his fucking life. We have a glut of these hacks coasting on "muh experimental" and "muh abstract electronic textures". It's shit, just like Swans, but P$K drones don't want to be the first ones to proclaim the emperor naked with a dinky weenie.

Millennial groupthink and suggestibility is the worst thing that ever happened to modern popular music.

>Millennial groupthink and suggestibility is the worst thing that ever happened
>.

yeah it's not good lustmord did this album years ago and much better

I think his first was far superior.

As for Excavation, I don't like the idea of basing an album on an imaginary film -- seems kinda vapid.

Although I guess his self-titled was the same, just in the vein of Horror rather than sci-fi

I think the point of dark ambient or ambient is to be kind of be atmospheric, and structureless. But it's the constant bass hits that ruin that for me. It sounds too electronic and cliched, for me to get any enjoyment out of it.

I don't go for memes much, but The Haxan Cloak literally makes babby's first dark ambient. His shit ticks all the boxes that it takes to be a competent artist working in the genre, but that's all it does. It's competent and nothing else. Disposable rudimentary shit.

@ everyone in this thread: recommend some good dark ambient

youtube.com/watch?v=Na240E0d-w8

>it's supposed to be atmospheric and structureless
But... this wasn't exactly an ambient record. And I get the fact that "mood" plays a big part in stuff like this, as it's nature isn't acedemic, but creating a soundtrack for an imaginary film just makes it seem more contrived.

The mood I get is annoyed and frustrated, since it is trying to be dark and experimental. It truly is "babbies first dark ambient/drone/experimental" album isn't it?

But scaruffi likes this album, it has to be pretty good

>Hacks
>Muh
>Dollar sign in place of letter
>Drones
>Millennial
>Groupthink
Holy shit you're like an amalgam of angry internet stereotypes. Please tell me that you're also a Libertarian. Keep doing you, bud.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Sure, it became very popular, due to its accessibility and grim atmospherics, but I don't think this would compel most listeners who get their info from pitchfork to delve into anything much deeper. Maybe I'm wrong... I'm old.

Turn it all the way up and use proper speakers.
You probably didn't get it, because the volume was too low.

>implying he's wrong

Listened to it 4 times and can't really remember it well but I thought it seemed potentially good and I remain interested in it. I can see why the bass hits would put you off if you were expecting it to be a super atmospheric dark ambient record, but then it doesn't sound like you're taking it on it's own terms. The album art is awesome too, I'll add.

I'll also add holy shit why did no one tell me The Haxan Cloak is a hottie?

holy fuck he is super attractive

No I feel you, It felt like babby's dark ambient to me.

new Sup Forums husbando

Almost thought that was Trent Reznor