VAPORWAVE thread

I've recently started listening unironically some vaporwave music like Remember or 2 8 1 4 and I actually like it but my question is: Should I be embarrassed or not about my taste? I feel like it's meme music, but I enjoy listening to it. Also I want to educate myself in this world, so any cool songs to listen to will be appreciated thx

Other urls found in this thread:

downvotemusic.bandcamp.com/releases
soundcloud.com/vhsmidnightstyle
pictureshack.us/images/97480_Untitled-8_copy.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No. That type of vaporwave that you listen to (the dream catalogue stuff) is really good. You shouldn't be ashamed of it. It's vaporwave that actually takes effort to produce.

>Should I be embarrassed or not about my taste? I feel like it's meme music, but I enjoy listening to it

lol.....

if you care what the neckbeards on this board or the normies on reddit or irl think then you need to kill yourself immediately

their taste is shit anyways

this

I don't consider 2814 to even be vaporwave. I leave that label for the vapid bullshit that blatantly makes no effort when trying to reappropriate or transform aspects of a cultural sounds or aesthetics.

K, then tell me some good artist/song. I'm trying to learn everything I can

>You shouldn't be ashamed of it. It's vaporwave that actually takes effort to produce

Haha real funny, Dream Catalogue is shite, Immune - Breathless is just a bunch of slowed down techno tracks. For an actual quality vaporwave album listen to this:

downvotemusic.bandcamp.com/releases

nice bait

i posted this in the soundcloud thread but since it's full of lazyposters i might as well post it here:

soundcloud.com/vhsmidnightstyle
>feedback appreciated
>blank banshee style vaportrap

>Immune - Breathless is just a bunch of slowed down techno tracks
and yet it was reviewed positively by TinyMixTapes. i don't see your joke album getting any coverage.

I'm not baiting, Dream Catalogue is trash. There's a few good albums on it but most of it's garbage.

why the fuck are you posting this here? this is not a viral thread for you to post your own music. this is actual discussion of music. go back to your soundcloud/bandcamp generals. fuck off.

>TinyMixTapes

Yeah that review was hilarious, what a bunch of morons.

I only listen to Triangle Pete

HKE and Blank Banshee viraled their music here, it's the in thing to do.

>i posted this in the soundcloud thread but since it's full of lazyposters i might as well post it here

it's literally impossible now to get any actual response in the bc/sc threads with all the posters expecting feedback by spamming their music and offering no recs

also why aren't you criticising this?

oops, accidentally pasted that last part

1) there's no possible way you can prove this

2) even if it were true, they're well known, featured in many publications, and you're just a nobody on Sup Forums

>even if it were true, they're well known, featured in many publications, and you're just a nobody on Sup Forums

They would be nobodies if they didn't viral their music here. They literally spammed the shit out of their albums here which is why they got popular.

proof?

can you prove that that's how they got popular? the whole world doesn't revolve around Sup Forums you know.

they probably got popular because Marcel, Fantano, FACT, TMT, and others constantly brought them up.

Those threads are long dead since that was a long time ago.

Of course they didn't only spam their music here but they spammed it elsewhere like on reddit, tumblr, twitter, etc. which got them noticed by people like Marcel (literally who?) Fantano, FACT, TMT

so basically, what you're saying is, is that you don't have proof. fuck off.

>he doesn't know who marcel is
top jej

also go back to your meme chamber. people actually like discussing music here and not shitty conspiracy theories on Sup Forums.

What, you wanted me to have archived hundreds of threads that are years old? If you weren't so new you would have already known what I said to be true, fuck off.

I know who he is, he's a literally who? in that nobody gives a shit about him except for people here that hate on him.

no, you're just not very well versed in the actual music industry, and you only pay attention to what Sup Forums knows.

look what you're digging! could it possibly get any deeper?

>dream catalogue viralled their shit on here and thats how they got popular
>nobody cares about marcel outside of here
you're like the king of making claims without any real knowledge of proof to back them up.

I also started digging into Vaporwave recently.

It reminds me a lot of Frank Zappa's work on the synclavier.
Is Zappa an influence on Vaporwave?

Marcel pls go.

>I got btfo hard, I'll now post a reaction image to try to save face!

You don't understand the aesthetic.
Read a fucking book on post-modernism then maybe your opinion will have a modicum of veracity.

hahahaha you're a fucking idiot. please fuck off. you have no idea what you're talking about.

If you weren't new and saw the vaporwave threads in the past you would know how much that 2814 album was spammed here. The comments were all similar to each other, it was extremely obvious that HKE did it. And it worked, because you idiots bought into it.

what I was saying is, it's clear you have no proof. we physically cannot see your "memories" of blank virally on Sup Forums, shamefully. unless you have a photo or a video or literally anything that supports your statement that we can physically see, it's pointless arguing.

see:

>Getting btfo this hard that he can only use childish insults.

once again:

1) there's no possible way you can prove this. for all you know, it could have been a single Sup Forums memer.

I'm not the only person who remembers it, also I can't go back in time and screen shot these dead threads. Just ask anybody who was around in the old vaporwave generals and they will back me up.

>being this much of an idiot

SENDING A SIGNAL TO ALL PEOPLE WHO HAD A SLIGHT RECOLLECTION OF BLANK BANSHEE POSTING ON Sup Forums

WE NEED ASSISTANCE

see:

>getting btfo this hard

It's possible somebody here has screenshots, I don't though.

see:

ok, everyone. let's just stop arguing with this guy now. it's so obvious he has no idea what he's talking about and he'll only just post memes and not real counterarguments. just ignore him and he'll go away.

Stop talking to yourself, there was plenty of real arguments if you knew how to read.

are you always on?

anyway, i'll be pretty devastated if blank banshee 2 isn't worth the 30 day delay

Who cares, the Blank Banshee albums are mediocre anyway, only the second one is remotely decent.

what vaporwave albums do you enjoy?

Joke album or not, this actually has some good moments on it and is better then a lot of the serious vaporwave albums out there.

2.5/5

Stay classy Sup Forums

>vaporwave thread
>thread is 99% inutile discussion
i thought there would be recs here, i was wrong

I don't care for vaportrap, I prefer stuff like Mediafired or New dreams ltd.

How are these not recs?

what are some vaporwave labels you enjoy?

Most labels are way too inconsistent in quality for me to say I enjoy a large amount of a labels discography.

This is p good desu.

I have no idea what I'm listening to right now.

You should, those artists are mediocre and most vaporwave is shite.

>Hey guys I like this thing but I don't know if it's cool to like it. If you guys don't approve of it then I'll stop liking it too because I can't just like something without worrying if I'll fit in with anonymous posters online.

Who gives a fuck if some random people don't like what you like? How is that embarrassing? Do you only like things to fit in with random people online?

reminder that you're asking this on Sup Forums from all places

This is one of my favorite albums and easily the best DC album. When the last track explodes it's fucking amazing, the whole album is so atmospheric.

Did you check this?
pictureshack.us/images/97480_Untitled-8_copy.jpg

But I need Sup Forums to validate my tastes!

Why rape the Beach Boys like that, not cool.

I always ignored Blank Banshee posts back when 0 was new because I thought it was just some user spamming his shitty album.

I listened to it recently and it's vaportrap so I don't like it.

>it was just some user spamming his shitty album.

You aren't wrong.

This is some garbage, but I agree that r/vaporwave is shit.

It's not really meme music, it's way beyond that. But I reccomend Overgrowth by Oscob/Digital Sex, SHAANXI by EIGHTXNIGHTS and Channel Pressure by Ford and Lopatin (Lopatin being the guy who literally created the genre). I think these three albums show what vaporwave should be, imo. It's all really objective.

>Overgrowth

>Oscob

>Oscob

Friendly reminder

You might like this one.

is there any one (sub)genre more oversaturated with shit than vaporwave?

>listening unironically some vaporwave

Vaporwave is only good when listened to ironically though.

>being this much of a plen

"I like vaporwave! Telepath, Virtual Dream Plaza, 2814, the list goes on!"

my gf is like this except for her the whole list is Macross #!@#%, Saint Pepsi, and Rollergirl

just