1000+ years of art music, centuries of traditional music, 100+ years of jazz and improvised music...

>1000+ years of art music, centuries of traditional music, 100+ years of jazz and improvised music, and over seven decades of erudite electronic music

Yet you spend most of your time listening to metal, hip hop,"experimental", and "indie"?

Please end yourselves, all of you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4EO7qPJouXk
youtube.com/watch?v=8loVJHRCs2A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what genres do you listen to OP

indie is better than your trash classical 'art' music, get off my board op

vaporwave

you're 100% right, only plebs don't listen to classical, jazz and modern art music

what Sup Forums considers "experimental" or "avant-garde" isn't at all. fusing two pop genres is not experimental. using unconventional instruments in 3-minute pop songs isn't experimental.

the patrician stuff can be difficult to get into, but once you've listened to a lot of actual artistic music you start to realize how painfully boring, generic, simple and lacking in skill the vast majority of musicians that are somehow considered cutting edge are.

youtube.com/watch?v=4EO7qPJouXk

Because these genres evolved faster in 10 years than other genres in 50

prog metal

What is experimental?

What music does cec listen to?

>centuries of traditional music
there's been more than that, baitman

>fusing two pop genres is not experimental. using unconventional instruments in 3-minute pop songs isn't experimental
It was when Pierre Henry did it in 1962, but the idea is stale now.

I also remember when I was 14 and listened to Mozart, Bach and Beethoven and thought I was smarter than everyone else

Stupid weeaboo

Said the user with no knowledge of jazz.

True that 99.999999% of art is not original, but I like my formulas as long as they are played with skill.

>tfw you want to listen to more classical stuff but its all so instantly recognizable and has been used in so many movies/ads/cartoons/vidya/tv that it all sounds cringey as shit to you
I've given up

>1000+ years of art music
More like 500, everything before Renaissance and Baroque is barely relevant

"indie"
immeidately thought of youtube.com/watch?v=8loVJHRCs2A

Then stop watching shitty tv

>seven thousand, seven hundred and seventy
Nice, impressive

>tfw I don't know where to start
What do

Agreed, plus people were probably more worried about getting eaten by bears back then to make music.

the medieval period, and go forward chronologically

Jokes on you user. I only listen to Free Jazz and Trout Mask Replica.
You're still stuck in the past with tonality and structure like a pleb.

a meaningless buzzword insecure teenagers apply to anything that's mildly unusual in an attempt to seem unique and different

Hipster term for progressive

>listening to hacks too lazy to release albums or mixtapes
lel no

Incorrect.

t. insecure teenager

Classical music made before the 19th century is emotionally antiquated like medieval morality plays. So are you.

false

t. industrial grade projector

it's okay if those are the only three composers you're familiar with

Okay serf, have fun fucking sheep and dying at 30.

Trout Mask is actually not atonal in the slightest, and in the grander scheme of things is hardly the most unstructured rock music. Try again.

>and in the grander scheme of things is hardly the most unstructured rock music
[citation needed]

I didn't say it was atonal, i just said it wasn't tonal.

>1000+ years of art music
You don't know what you are talking about.
But Art Music is greatly superior to what this board listens to, and so is jazz.
Even people at /classical/ and /jazz/ have bad taste.

Please to rec more unstructured rock. I would love some

examples of good art music?

Music that actually pushes boundaries and tries new things in terms of composition and technique.

lol

Incorrect.

Mozart

wow great argument fagtron

Correct.

That that user posted an incorrect definition of experimental music?

yes I know.

finally a correct answer. Good job user

I hope OP and anime user learned something

>le crickets chirping

wow i guess he was full of it

>anime

>5 year stale old non-music memes

What's Avant-Garde?

Meant for

You haven't shown us you deserve the information

>implying classical music wasn't made for contemporary consumption just like modern music

No, it wasn't.

What a great thread.

>1000+ years of breeding, 100+ years of debauched orgies, and over seven decades of stanky ass fuckin

Yet you spend all of your time being a friendless virgin?

Please end yourself, OP.

>virgin-shaming

fuck off, that has literally nothing to do with music chad

If you can't even manage to have sex with one (1) out of over three-billion (3,000,000,000) women, how am I supposed to trust anything you have to say, especially your opinions on subjects like music? Women don't, I don't either.

because sex has nothing to do with music, especially art music. art music is about greater things.

>inb4 sex is the greatest thing ever

if you actually think this you are a really shallow person

All classical is nerd garbage, and Young Thug is better than literally any composer to ever live.

>t. virgin

We've collectively been working on our fart noises for the entirety of our existence and you don't see me listening to those either. OPs argument makes zero sense.

wow how'd you figure that out, we got a fucking Einstein successor over here.

>literally putting value on anything
fuck off moralist. Show evidence for your beliefs.

here's my evidence

*raises both middle fingers*