Prove it to me that this isn't the Beatles weakest album and probably the most overrated album ever made

Prove it to me that this isn't the Beatles weakest album and probably the most overrated album ever made.

Worse than Please Please Me?

I meant late career Beatles album.
Try harder than this, also the George songs are underrated.

OK Computer is far more overrated

>George songs are underrated.
They were basically Sgt Pepper outtakes

Prove it to me that this isn't the British Invasions weakest band and probably the most overrated band of all time

Hermins Hermits

It has some of their greatest tracks

You're a fuckin melonhead if you can't comprehend the influence this album had on music

Because A Day in the Life > music

That string section is one of the most avant-garde things on any 60s Pop record. How many bands must that have inspired alone I wonder

The bass playing is great.
The songwriting is great
The instrumentation and production is colorful and fun

I think it was Robert Fripp that said he heard it on the radio and decided he wanted to make music his life

Never knew that. That's cool as fuck

Yeah, like 3 of them. Lucy, Getting Better, Fixing a Hole, Mr. Kite, Within You Without You, When I'm Sixty Four, Lovely Rita and Good Morning Good Morning are all okay to bad songs which take up to 3/4 of the album. Literally every other late career album is more consistent.
influential ≠ good
A Day In The Life is an amazing song and probably their best, but that doesn't make the album good itself.
All of these are better in the other albums. Rubber Soul, Revolver and White Album have just as good if even better bass playing, better songwriting and the production is just as good.

>one of the (if not) the first concept albums
>first album to implement lyrics on the back cover
>considered by many sources the best album of all time
>pinnacle of Lennon/McCartney composition
>A Day In The Life being possibly the best song ever written

how is this the weakest album of them and how is this even overrated? I still consider Abbey Road a better album nevertheless

A Day in the Life is the resolution of every lyrical and musical concept on the record, it completely and totally makes it what it is.

Like I said, it may have been influential but that doesn't make it good. It's overrated because all their other albums (Abbey Road too) are better and it's still considered the best album of all time.

>muh influence
it is certainly the most overrated album by normies, but there are albums that are much more overrated here on Sup Forums (any hiphop album for example)
HOWEVER
it is not the worst beatles album

>It's overrated because all their other albums (Abbey Road too) are better and it's still considered the best album of all time.
Do you think maybe you might have missed something then?

Who is Frank Zappa?
>first album to implement lyrics on the back cover
It was the first rock album to this, by no means was it the first album overall
>considered by many sources the best album of all time
Entirely suggestive, and is in no way an argument of whether the album is actually good
>pinnacle of Lennon/McCartney composition
What is Revolver?
>A Day In The Life being possibly the best song ever written
If you mean best rock/pop song ever written, then yeah this is a legitimate point

Nearly everything they did on Sgt. Pepper's had been done somewhere else first, and it's not nearly as influential as people claim it to be.

>all okay to bad songs
We'll agree to disagree there. Think about how fucking brave it was to put a song like Within You Without You on a number 1 album. It's like Bieber putting a free jazz track on his next release. The sampling on Mr Kite is amazing and well ahead of its time. When I'm Sixty Four is as good as any of the broadway-esque tunes Brian Wilson and Van Dyke Parks ever wrote; the English, music hall equivalent. Lovely Rita is just so much fun and has great guitar work. Good Morning Good Morning plays with structure and meter really interestingly. You can trace the influence of each track so much. You say influence doesn't make something good, but for an album to influence so many artists in so many ways, it simply has to have merit

I always see hip-hop getting undeserved hate here, and usually the ones that overrate hip-hop are hiphopheads.
And I never said it was their worst, I meant their worst late career album (I don't really count Yellow Submarine), also just for clarification I'm not saying it's bad either. Just their weakest and most overrated.

have you tried singing along to it whilst chugging jasmine tea

>Who is Frank Zappa?
Someone who made a concept album AFTER The Beatles did
>It was the first rock album to this
Which deserves praise
>What is Revolver?
Not the pinnacle

>and it's not nearly as influential as people claim it to be.
Tell that to the people who claim it as an influence

How can you not like Lovely Rita?

Sgt. Peppers is the most overrated of the Beatles late career.

>ranked
1. Magical Mystery Tour (the album SP should have been)
2. the white album
3. Help!
4. Revolver
5. Abbey Road
6. Rubber Soul
7. Let It Be
8. A Hard Day's Night
9. Sgt. Peppers

>and it's not nearly as influential as people claim it to be
Know that you are wrong in this and the entire bibliography of rock writing post-1967 disagrees with you. It is indescribably, incomparably, revolutionarily important.

its good but its overrated

I'd almost agree with you but Help! is too high. Also With The Beatles and AHDN are better than Let It Be.

>plebs don't know about Woody Guthrie's Dust Bowl Ballads

>Rubber Soul, Revolver and White Album have just as good if even better bass playing
Not really. Paul used more counterpoint in Sgt pepper than the others. White Album was largely based on the roots, and not all of it was even him playing
>better songwriting
Compositionally speaking, now.
>and the production is just as good.
Not as colorful. All three albums are more two-dimensional and less creative instrumentally.

>Help! over Revolver, Abbey Road & Rubber Soul

freak out came out in 66, to sgt pepper's 67

Magical Mystery Tour has better and more colorful production than Sgt. Pepper's.

holy shit didn't know about this

She's Leaving Home is the best track the Beatles ever did.

>freak out
Not a concept album
Songwriting not as great, and less cohesive as a whole

Not the Zappa guy you're arguing with, but to call Sgt. Peppers a full fledged concept album is a bit of a stretch. They only really stuck with the concept for a few songs, the rest have nothing to do with it.

Then surely you'll agree that freak was not a concept album.

>they fell for the "sgt. pepper's is a concept album" meme
Even the Beatles themselves admitted the only tracks that were connected were the title track and With A Little Help From My Friends. Onwards it was just a normal Beatles album.

the concept of Sgt. Pepper's is just a fictional band playing a fictional album, that's it

you're so very wrong

not even one good song on this

You're gonna argue with the Beatles themselves?
What is Get Back and Across The Universe?

>I've Got A Feeling
>Across the Universe
>Two of Us
>Get Back
>Don't Let Me Down
all good

the Let It Be version of Across the Universe is ruined by Phil Spector. the wildlife version is pretty good

give me source on that bitch then

maybe the weakest song is One After 909

you couldn't be more wrong

>give me source on that bitch then
Not him but this is common knowledge. Look up any interview with Paul.
Nah, it was pretty boring. Phil made the song.

Every song is good except For You blue and the filler junk like Maggie Mae and Dig It

>I don't understand melody

It's All Too Much is the best beatles song and Harrison also pioneered shoegaze