Hey user, Tom was telling us about how into music you are! You wouldn't mind DJing for the party would you...

>Hey user, Tom was telling us about how into music you are! You wouldn't mind DJing for the party would you? Play something fun!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sqQ59i4PmGE
youtube.com/watch?v=97CtEReZEaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zUtnwcv-quE
youtube.com/watch?v=E1fzJ_AYajA
youtube.com/watch?v=76PWfFNmJf8&list=PLDKozzEzBRjUffL8PXVKrW9asL7CvH0P9
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>play a Misfits song

ok sure no problem

seriously would anyone on this site have a hard time with this?

>Anno Domini
>Still think the Misfits are edgy or alternative

Tom is the one hiding his face, that sorry motherfucker

>omg Kayla did that guy just said "she's sucking on her ding dong"?

no unless you are severely autistic

>just play groovin pop tracks

youtube.com/watch?v=sqQ59i4PmGE

I usually end up DJing every time I'm getting drunk until drunk people start requesting songs, fucking ruins my night. I'll cave in and play some drunk sluts song then another drunk cunt will come up and say this song is shit play this one, I'll play 99% good songs that everyone loves but that 1% is all they notice.

I usually just give up and let them take over then worm my way back to the AUX when everyone is winding down, and my nights end with me sitting on a couch scrolling through other peoples ipods while they're all off hooking up.

my fee is 50$ for the night

>with prep time/access to my laptop
Hell yeah! I've got this.
>no prep time/just whatever happens to be on my phone
Fuck

This feels familiar, but the worst is when nobody notices the music. DJ'd for a bunch of grad school friends for our end of the year party and nobody even noticed. Nobody complained, but still.

nigger what is this shit, you think this album would work at all in the context provided by op?

I'm a huge hip hop fan so this would go over pretty well.

why do I have to take an interest in top 40

literally why

it's not impressive that you do, it's not interesting that you do, you're not cool for doing so, I mean good job and all, but bragging about knowing the right "groovin pop tracks" to play in this scenario is about as much of a bragging right as having chlamydia

Well, Tom can fuck himself, because I don't associate with him or you, and if you think I'd enlighten the plebeian masses to the euphoric tunes with which I inform my intellect and spirit, you've got another thing coming.

Also, tell Tom that if he's got any other bright ideas concerning me that he ought to keep them to himself, because otherwise I'm going to kick his fucking ass.

Tbh from my extensive career of DJings my friends piss ups during highschool I've found that 90/00s one hit wonders go down far better than top 40.

This.

Nostalgia always wins over quality. I painstakingly crafted a dance playlist one night made up of stuff that was charting/more underground but decent and new dance songs. The thing that really got people going?:
youtube.com/watch?v=97CtEReZEaQ

Sugar ray is always a winner or something similar

youtube.com/watch?v=zUtnwcv-quE

youtube.com/watch?v=E1fzJ_AYajA

How limited is your taste user? Pop is literally engineered to be enjoyed by the masses, Im sure there's some pop you'd enjoy

yes

>Spotify -> US -> Top 50 -> Shuffle All

then you have no social skills or self awareness, this would be unplugged in minutes or they would just be uncomfortable and bored. seriously why do you think it works in anyway whatsoever

>No spotify premium -> good vibe going -> HEY YOU WANNA HEAR THOSE TRACKS TO REALLY GET THE PARTY GOING? JUST UPGRADE TO SPOTIFY PREMIUM AND KEEP THAT PARTY GOING ALL NIGHT

idk it's kinda groovy definitely danceable

why are you being such a killjoy maybe you should leave the party

>being this much of a cheap fuck
its 10 bucks a month m8 and it's well worth it

The ratio I've always used is 33% current top-40, 33% nostalgic former top-40 from when the partygoers were in middle school and high school, and 33% music specific to the partygoers, ie slightly deeper than top-40 (but still mainstream) hip-hop, or country, or indie etc. If the latter category wont work then you just make it 50/50 the first two.

seems like you don't hang around good friends if they unplug your choice of music in minutes.

>spotify
>well worth it

jesus christ lmfao

>spotify
No thanks I'll pass

it absolutely is, it's very cheap and it beats carrying and Ipod arround like it's goddamn 2006

There's only around 7 albums that I like that aren't on there, and I just uploaded them from my computer

I used to think the same as you, but trust me it's great, you're not too good for spotify m8s

thanks spotify representative #74638, I'll keep that in mind

(go away)

no wonder this board is dogshit
you people don't even listen to music

literally what is wrong with carrying around an ipod

you make that out to seem like it's a enormous effort, some huge chore, like I can't have huge amounts of music personally curated by me in my pocket on a device of almost no weight or size at all

You know what else is well worth it? Downloading anything I want off the internet for free with a few clicks of my mouse.

I don't have unlimited data so fuck all that noise, son.
16gb of my own music is enough for a bus ride downtown.

sorry, am i ruining your secret club?

what do you use to listen to music outside of your house though? (assuming you ever leave it)
how are you getting that m8
because using spotify is way more efficient, im not saying its a huge chore lamo just saying having my phone and an ipod video on my pocket would be uncomfortable as fuck. I understand that the Ipod was a fantastic technological innovation, but technology advances fast man
Yeah, at home I download all my music, I use spotify outside my house though

me neither, but I have a playlist with my favorite songs that I downloaded so I don't waste data, you can download individual albums too

>way more efficient
>monthly payments for a far more limited catalogue full of music I'm not interested

please user, explain to me how this is "more efficient"

>not having an iphone with 64gbs
m8 spotify is shit

>what do you use to listen to music outside of your house though? (assuming you ever leave it)

right, because if I don't use spotify I must be some shut-in, right

too dumb to merit response

lost a few friends because of a situations similar to this
>poker night at mates house
>"your music folder is huge, play something, user"
>shuffle entire music folder
>drunk mind envisioned led zeppelin/pink floyd
>putridity song plays instead
>mfw
youtube.com/watch?v=76PWfFNmJf8&list=PLDKozzEzBRjUffL8PXVKrW9asL7CvH0P9

it's not that limited

>most music you'd want is on there
>music that isn't on there you can upload
>great interphase on every device
>you can download music if you don't want to stream
>artist stations
>making playlists is easy as fuck

if tried carrying an Ipod with all my music, Google Play Music, and Spotify. Spotify is easily the best, by fucking far

I have a 16gb and Im fucking tired of its memory, will definitely get a 64 gb next

i was fucking you, dont be so sensitive, seriously what do you use?

Most music I'd want is on there?
For a start - no. Secondly - most music I'd want is on my iPod. I have no idea what "interphase" is, or why I should care. I already download music I don't want to stream onto my ipod - that is of no benefit to me. I don't need to use 'artist stations', and making playlists is already banally easy on almost any device.

I don't buy into the shill meme, so I guess you're just a rampant fan of the product, or maybe someone experiencing buyer's remorse and attempting to justify their subscription to a useless service.

Like i said, I've tried ipod, google play music, and spotify, and spotify is easily the best of the three for me

lamo how could it be buyer's remorse? I could just cancel my subscription

I guess my favorite thing about it is that music you don't like enough to download you can still have in your library and in specific playlists. For example, I have 2 playlists that I play when im with friends, both playlists consist of 90% stuff that I kinda like and can enjoy with friends, but would never download. I only download full albums that im interesting in listening to, I wouldn't download something by Maroon 5, but I can easily add it to a playlist. And making playlists is easier than in other devices because spotify recommends songs when you're building playlists based on the songs you've added, also really cool.

Forgot to mention something very cool about it, you can chose to stream and to download in 96, 160, or 360 kbps.

And by interphase i meant that the app has a great, simple design across all platforms

I'm sure it's great for 90s stuff and Maroon 5, but the fact is that their catalogue is just quite limited.

>spoopy skeleton mascot
>as upbeat as Ramones

Ironic

hmm, the only albums that i enjoy that aren't on there are: Acid Rap, On The Beach, Pink Moon, In The Court of The Crimson King, and Since I Left You, and some individual tracks that aren;t on there like: Moondog - Stamping Ground (a large portion of his discography is on there, but not this song) and Washed Out - Amor Fat

ive uploaded everything listed above, but if you listen to really obscure shit, then I'd guess you would have trouble and then the service wouldn't be worth it, but you'd be surprised by their catalog