Headphones Thread

Just got me some Sennheiser HD 598. Should be here in 2 days.Feelsgoodman. How about you Sup Forums? What's on your head rn?

BEAATS BY DRE DAWG!!!!!!!!!!!

Same pair but in the beige color. Years of enjoyment with them so far. Good shit

wearing ath m50x' listening to pic related in flac

pretty f*cking epic to be honest

must end myself coby cvh42

they're fantastic m8, great choice

way better than the audio techinca M80s (the close-can equivalent of the HD 598)

Good to know man. More anxious to have them now.

got these half a year ago, did the foam mod , I don't know how I could listen to music before
these are the first and only pair of good headphones I've listened music with, I only bought it because of the recs and because everyone says it's mostly neutral sounding and that was what I was looking for
though a friend of mine who needed closed headphones asked me for advice and I recommended him the ath m50xs , was it the right advice?
I'm pretty excited for trying them too

How does the foam mod sound? Would you recommend me to do the same?

These. Incredibly cheap and you can listen for like 12 hours without feeling sore. Great frequency response and an industry standard.

yeah, 1950's industry standard

I like that it opens up the sound of it, bass is more distant, it's perfect for the type of music I listen to
though it's not that big of a difference, but if you don't like it you can always put the foam back on
I also read about a person who put plastic tape on it and liked it a lot, I never tried it
also be careful when taking the drivers off! watch a video on how to do it

I have no reason to wear $400 headphones but here I am 4 years later and they have served me well. seriously though I was just a dumb teen with his first real job

I run a pair of Grado 325s through a pioneer receiver, sounds incredible. Best £300 I've ever spent.

Similar. Got MDRV6s.

Got em family.

Will look into it. What type of music do you listen to? Maybe we are brothers.

Have you set foot in a professional studio in the last 20 years?

i like the huge ones

I don't know shit about genres so I'll tell you my favorite artists atm
the beatles in general especially paul and george, grimes (I'm really into her lately), unknown mortal orchestra, tame impala, mf doom, björk, kendrick lamar, manu chao, patricio rey y sus redonditos de ricota

that's pretty much it

Big cans like that are pointless for outdoors listening. They just like the fashion of it.

Best pads ever

user don't wear headphones outside unless you have like an hour train commute

Not that guy, but if you listen to a lot of bass heavy music I wouldn't recommend them. If you don't, they're great and extremely comfy. I frequently forget I'm wearing them after whatever I'm listening to is over.

oh yeah I wanted to mention that and forgot about it, it would be nice to have some more bass to get more pumped when listening to mf doom but whatever
so yeah, have that in mind

>/fa/
>Sup Forums
choose one.

These are the best sub $200 headphones you can get and if you don't buy them you're fucking retarded.

We're probably second cousins, since are tastes are somewhat close. But good to know that my taste in music will fit in well with these headphones.

I left a lot out, tell me about your favorite artists too user

Koss Pro 4AA's

My current pair were my Dad's, and he's had them for years.

Fucking things are tanks, and sound great,

Well rn my current favs are Don Caballero, The Exquisites, Have a Nice Life, Kamikaze Palm Tree, Maudlin of the Well, My Bloody Valentine, Tera Melos, and tons of jazz artists and other artists that i dont feel like listing.

self bump

Phillips Fidelio X2s

headphones are trash compared to a proper stereo.

i say this as someone who has shelled out the sheckles for the kilobuck cans and regretted the decision. should have spent that money on speakers.

Got the Marshall major II last month, I like them.

Audio Technica M50x.
Listening to Pet Sounds om these for the first time, coming from Shure SE-215's. Damn this album sounds like shite - I used to absolutely love the production on this album. Honestly, anything Phil Spector sounds like cock when you have a nicer setup.

haha

>forgot to buy a headphone amp

top kek lad

Have the 518s, would recommend a headphone amp/dac combo, my soundcard was shit though, maybe more modern ones wont have an issue

You can be both faggot

the foam mod introduces a lot of reflections in the housing of the driver, it cancels out some frequencies. it's bullshit.

>bass is more distant
because there are phase issues. to me it sounds completely wrong.

Bigass over ear cans outdoors are fucking retarded. messes up your hair and the good ones need amps or really high end PMPs to drive it well. IEMs exist for a reason

nice choice OP. I have HD 518. Sennheiser does not disappoints

What's a good upgrade from Audio Technica I was looking at Seinheiser 598 or AKG K7XX what's the better value and do either need an amplifier?

different kind of beasts user. open backs are way different. assuming your talking about the meme50.

Yeah the meme50 I want something different from that. Open ear I think it's called and the m50s are closed ear?

Muhnigga

598 does not need an amplifier. I use a small one anyways, a fiio e10, because it also acts as a DAC replacing my laptop's onboard sound

Got oldass 558's still sound great after 5-6 years of abuse.

dedicated sony 5.1 amp in stereo mode of 4way akron floorstanders is boss

i have these with my turntable, 12 years old still work fine

CUTE
U
T
E

I bought them at random because they seemed legit.

What do you think sempai, Are they legit?

AKG K7XX are great(arguably the best cans I own up ther with my Oppo PM3s) but an amp is required to bring them to their full potential. 598s are good too and super light and comfy and are easy to drive

I did the same thing user

Shit this is tough. What kind of amp would you recommend?

My negritos.

These headphones are fucking stupendous for everything but really heavy stuff.

I feel like harsh genres like metal, black metal, noise, and really bass heavy stuff loses some of it's edge with these headphones.

Paired them with a Fiio E10k for a little bit of bass boost, but it's only okay now.

But still, what a fucking deal for 100 smackaroos.

What would be a nice step up from these headphones?

has anyone did the duct tape trick with the sennheishers or some shit i have the one sennheisher but im legit dumb as fuck & know that ill fuck it up if i attempt the duck tape trick.. is it really that difficult of doing even for someone like me

How are they?

Had those for 2 years with fiio e10k and they are sufficient for anything I listen to. Really comfy, you can practically wear them indefinitely.

cheap and comfy

Portable or desktop? I'd assume desktop since you want open cans. I'd go with the O2 or a Schitt amp.

Stax SR-007mk1 and ER4S are mine.