Guise, does this still hold?

Guise, does this still hold?

Sup Forumscore should have another row to it. Also both Radiohead albums don't need to be there.

nope

I just bought The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me from Amazon for 6 bucks brand new; did I do good? I mean I'm almost sure you guys love this album, right?

Is there any particular reason there isn't a classical section? /classical/ is a bigger community than /jazz/ although mind, this doesn't exactly represent /jazz/'s taste very well so maybe being accurate to Sup Forums's tastes wasn't the point?

damn is that from 2011? Not really.

shit

I"m trying to become more hip cause my best friend is big into Sup Forums and he says that what I normally listen to is crap (listen to old 1999-2008 Tiesto, Paul Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk, Gabriel and Dresden, Maor Levi, Ronski Speed, some of the newer electronic 'DJ's such as Deadmau5, Alesso, Nero, Brillz, Snails, Ookay, Lookas, etc)

You don't have to if you don't enjoy the music. All of us are here because we liked it (I hope).

it's all fantastic-decent stuff so just skim around a bit

>tpab
>core

dropped.

>I"m trying to become more hip cause my best friend is big into Sup Forums and he says that what I normally listen to is crap
What an awful reason to listen to music. If you aren't genuinely enjoying all this new stuff you're planning on listening to, you're not spending your time well.

there are many changes I'd like to make to that chart (I didn't make it originally). Classical would be a good addition, though I feel this chart in particular covers that.

I'm being harsh with his words; he didn't call it "crap" but he said I could be listening to different music. I'm just easily offended, and too pleasing. Plus, I don't mind listening to new music, as long as it isn't bad. So since you guys are the 'perts in this field, I'm just coming to you for advice, because you're all snobs (think the movie High Fidelity)

most of the stuff in p4k-core are not even p4k-core

Who cares what a jackass. Be yourself, except drop Tieso.

Anyway. You might like Fatboy Slim and the Chemical Brothers. Maybe Tipper, too.

the way we're going, we might as well add a rym core section. Neither are really needed. There's no reason to include a "consensus among those other people" portion, is there? Make a seperate chart.

True, agreed user. You're right. We should do so. Combine RYM and P4K together.

Nobody ever posts this chart though. Not enough indie rock.

Well, obviously start with Aphex Twin and Autechre if that's where you're coming from. If you like either then great, but if not just keep listening to your old stuff. Sup Forumstants that go around acting holier than thou are the worst.

But they're the ones who know the most about the genres presented. I want to be as knowledgeable as John cusacks character in High Fidelity

have you listened to this yet

No friend, is it good? To be honest I'm an electronic music festival attendee where I go to all stages and love listening to my favorite artists.

one chart to rule them all

if you listen to one electronic music album, that is the one to listen to.

sounds like you are young and should educate yourself on some better dance music eventually

that electronic list sucks. this bleeps selection is better

I'm 25 and I've been listening to tiesto, Paul oaken fold, PVD, Sasha and John dig weed since 98-99 when my cousin introduced it to me. Just been adding artists to listen to since

Dont listen to much electronic so I wouldnt know

yeah sasha and digweed is fine progressive house, for what it is.
but you miss out if you only listen to pop stuff like that and don't delve into techno and so on.

Are you me dude. I used to be super into Trance a couple years ago but then i got here and started listening to other types of music. Start with post rock. Explosions in the Sky or Godspeed!

This is only impressive until you look closer.

literally why the fuck is Fabulous Muscles there when the essential Xiu Xiu album is A Promise.

>Faith/Void
>Attributed to only Void
>Even having them on that list
Its not entry level punk

Why does this chart insist I listen to compilations?
Thats literally the worst form of music distribution

It's a good album.

>TMV
>Pitchfork-core

I think its p good to show entry level Sup Forumss taste tho

lol

p4k-core = albums from 1990>

only flaw with this one is that there is no sub Sup Forumscore section
ok computer, SAW 85-92, funeral, pinkerton, madvillainy, in the court of the crimson king, sunbather, illinois (which should probably be in the top core instead of trout mask replica t b h), hospice, the soft bulletin, the velvet underground & nico, tago mago, the lonesome crowded west, and good kid maad city could all fit in there.

p4k-core is just sub/mu/core+p4kcore+rymcore

Why does metal get it's own section when other, objectively better genres don't have their own section? It's literally overweight basement dwellers screaming about satan and their angst and shredding scales up and down. Music for children.

It's mostly just containment so you can ignore it, same with hiphop.

Holy shit this chart came out before The Smile Sessions that blows my mind for some reason

? not taken seriously without aeroplane as number one not even looking at the rest of this shit chart.