Has this band ever made any objectively good music?

Has this band ever made any objectively good music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k2Qq_tBhDsQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no band has, idiot

In terms of what they planned to achieve, yes. It wasn't objectively a big enough deal to celebrate beyond the scope of 'metal that is accessible and very much of its time', but it's good for what it is making it objectively 'good'.

Whether you like it or not is unrelated, and that's all you need to concern yourself with if you need to ask a stupid question like this.

I would say they made good music in their genre. but if you have to measure their music, then probably not. just a lot of repetition and that's it

Lulu

this

You're posting it

Master of Puppets has some fantastically written songs imo

true that. but I would say it is an exception more than a rule. I like the old metallica albums, but if you listen to them, the songs are pretty simple. and Hammet solos are always the same thing. they are a guitar 101 exercise playing really fast and distorted.

IMO they did. They had a great track record from their formation until the death of Burton in 86. After that it gets spotty and worse with every album. It's really sad to hear them try to be "metal" again on Death Magnetic after they had lost all of their steam and energy.

cliff wrote some good basslines

too bad most of them are practically inaudible

The worst part of Death Magnetic is the loudness war

No the worst part is James' wrecked and now weak voice and the somehow boring guitar tones.

What a stupid opinion

It's true though. Good music and bad music are mostly fictional concepts imagined by people who feel a desperate need to feel superior to others.

Quints confirm

great get

...And Justice for All is a damn masterpiece.

Metallica started my music life, so I'll never not like them, especially the first albums.
I've been listening more to them lately, really enjoying the long guitar songs like Call of Ktulu, To Live is to Die and Orion.
Also this one
youtube.com/watch?v=k2Qq_tBhDsQ