ITT: Rockist jazz albums

ITT: Rockist jazz albums

>What's a rockist jazz album?
A jazz album from a selected group of popular jazz artists that rockists will claim are their "favorite" when cornered about their pathetic rock-centric taste

>not bitches brew

too obvious

anything with jaco on it

Its true but I have no shame

Cowboy Bebop OST
Mingus Ah Um
Black Saint
Blue Train
My Favorite Things
A Love Supreme
Machine Gun
Universal Consciousness
Journey in Satchidinananda
Spiritual Unity
The Epic
Shape of Jazz to Come
Django Reinhardt Greatest Hits

>rockists are aware of Anthony Braxton

Any free jazz

Free Jazz is exclusively for rockists, as they are too dumb to understand structure

>Anthony Braxton doesn't have structure

Braxton's work is pretty composed though, but you're right in that that rockists just listen to it because his work can be noisy so they just assume it's a mindless freakout

Rockism doesn't mean "likes rock music." Literally every jazz studio album can be a rockist jazz album.

This is the best Jazz album of all time though

Whatever you say................................................................................................................................................ rockist

I bet this image triggers you.

so you're basically throwing around a retarded definition for a retarded word for retarded purposes... sounds p retarded.

A Love Supreme
A Love Supreme
A Love Supreme
A Love Supreme
A Love Supreme

only a rockist would claim a single jazz album was greatest

>Cowboy Bebop OST

Perfecto

No they wouldn't

this is a nice recommendation thread if you ignore the snide intentions

Yeah they would. Rockists think jazz is a small genre that has been finished off by a handful of good albums and after hearing those can be ignored

truu
but then people would forget real jazz classics like pic related

Not necessarily. It has more to do with the album format than it does jazz as a genre. It's why Miles, Coltrane, and Mingus are all significantly more popular on Sup Forums than Ellington, Armstrong, Parker, etc. because rockists can't into anything that isn't a "cohesive concept album".

Yup

what is a cohesive concept album?
>cancer.jpg

If I was at school with everyone in this thread I would've beaten you up like when Nelson beat up Milhouse

Joke's on you, I only listen to jazz-rock in the first place

Not a Jazz album tb.h

I never said anything about ignoring, but In a Silent Way is probably the most influential Jazz album ever, to the point of transcending the genre and influencing other genres besides. It might be the most influential album full stop.

Just go in those chart threads and find anybody who includes 1-5 jazz albums in their top 50

The best works of Coltrane, Davis, Mingus et al. are unrivaled in jazz, though. There's a very good reason why the albums in this thread are so often cited as the best jazz has to offer.

Any Jazz patrician knows that ECM is the best label of all time

>Coltrane, Davis, Mingus et al.
>et al.
>the list goes on