The nirvana of our generation

>massively overrated
>people interpret the music the wrong way
>makes you want to kill yourself

you're right

but nirvana is good and that band isn't

>nirvana
>good

So when are they going to kill themselves?

Wow, Rend Blackhand really has lost a lot of weight.

You spelled Gorillaz wrong.

What is up with this meme?

Now that they're new, everyone who is an adult that knows what they're talking about knows they're really stupid shit for children, but it doesn't matter because in 10 years everyone who was listening to them as a kid is going to start coming on Sup Forums and heralding them as one of the best bands of all time who are so innovative and genre bending.

In 10 years Blurryface will be heralded just as much as Demon Days. Screencap it now.

>"""[{(''''no'''')}]"""

No. Just no. Please don't say that again. These bands are in no way similar.
Nirvana brought underground rock to the mainstream, twenty one pilots only brought being pretentious to the mainstream.

true

My band, 42 Pilots, is at least twice as good as them

screencap it now and hold onto it for 10 years???

Kek

Nirvana, much like most of rock bands of the time, were heavily promoted by MTV. Because MTV was looking for a bit "harder", "dark", "rebelious" (kek) music for edgy teenagers. That's how Nirvana became famous. And Marylin Manson. And Korn.

Prove me wrong.

Also, I unironically enjoy "Car Radio". Try taking a late night walk through the city downtown with this in your ears.

stop

>Nirvana, much like most of rock bands of the time, were heavily promoted by MTV. Because MTV was looking for a bit "harder", "dark", "rebelious" (kek) music for edgy teenagers. That's how Nirvana became famous. And Marylin Manson. And Korn.
Yeah, your point being? That MTV promoted them doesn't mean they didn't bring a much heavier kind of music to the mainstream. (Heavier than the mainstream of that time)

My point is that edgy teens who think listening to Nirvana makes them better than listening to Bieber are wrong

Well, anyone who thinks listening to anything makes them better than others is wrong. That's just being pretentious.
Though I think what you were trying to say was that Nirvana is just as good as Justin Bieber, which is fine if you think so, but only thinking so because MTV promoted them is kinda stupid.

No, they're the nickel back of "punk rock" or whatever the fuck they are going for.

They aren't bad but they aren't great

i like their rapping

this statement is true because they're the go-to mainstream band for edgy teenagers nowadays, definitely comparable to the Nirvana Pearl Jam and likes in the 90s

apparently there considered schizoid-pop?????

schizoid? what the fuck these guys aren't schizoid at all

It's like they went on /r9k/ for a week and took every meme excuse they found.

Haha nice one! My friend posted this on facebook, you guys should chat LOL! :)

I love pop music but I also like some weird experimental stuff like Animal Collective and Kanye (Or should I say, "Yeezy" LMAO) So lets just say I'm pretty weird when it comes to music XD

Since we both came here a couple months ago, and both share music taste, I'm sure we'd get along! I'd love to chat some time :P

theyre literally just pop but le 2deep4u teens try to make it seem like theyre some special and unique brand of pop when in reality they arent

Try taking a drive without a radio.

>utter shit
>top 40

sounds about right