What are some mentally ill (autistic, schizophrenic, bipolar etc.) artists?

What are some mentally ill (autistic, schizophrenic, bipolar etc.) artists?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c_B9gfwMEHI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_depressive_disorder
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_schizophrenia
youtube.com/watch?v=uNUAM4tdSso
georgefm.co.nz/Michael-Jacksons-A-Cappella-Demo-for-Beat-It-is-Pure-Genius/tabid/238/articleID/173786/Default.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kanye.

Probably Larkin Grimm

Daniel Johnston Brian Wilson Rocky Erikson Wild Man Fischer Avey Tare Gary Numan David Byrne

Wild Man Fischer

dean blunt

Gary Numan

Anton Newcombe from Brian Jonestown Massacre is mentally ill af

/thread

Daniel Johnston
David Byrne
Syd Barrett
Brian Wilson
Kurt Cobain
I'm pretty sure Rivers Cuomo has something going on
Nick Drake
Ian Curtis
Poly Styrene

Musicians with aspergers or autism off the top of my head
Mark mothersbaugh
Gary numan
Avey Tare
Rivers cuomo
David byrne

What mental illness did Nick Drake have?

Haha I like that you're just assuming Rivers is fucked up

Stefan Burnett

manic depression

Really bad depression

>Avey Tare
source?

Also Elliott Smith
Depression, yeah it's pretty much the common cold of mental illness, but it counts
can you blame me

aspergers doesn't really count though. give me something that actually prevents you from functioning.

like those guys would just be seen as awkward at best while guys like daniel johnston are batshit wacko.

>tfw aspie, majorly depressed, have panic disorder, and your shrink speculates you have bipolar type II
why has god forsaken me

Michael Jackson

How the fuck has no one said this

Rivers Cuomo is also bipolar.

What's wrong with Avey Tare.

Nick Blinko of Rudimentary Peni

>depression
>mental illness

I have suicidal thoughts everyday and haven't been able to get out of bed almost everyday for almost a year and I'm not mentally ill. Just because someone doesn't bathe and wants to kill themselves doesn't mean they belong in a psych ward.

Has it been confirmed that david byrne has asperger's? I know he mentioned in an interview that he was "border-line aspergers" personality-wise as a kid, but i've never heard about him having actually been diagnosed with it. If it's true that's really interesting.

Gary Numan
David Byrne
Thom Yorke
Brian Wilson
Daniel Johnston
Ian Curtis
Nick Drake
Syd Barrett
Kurt Cobain
Elliott Smith
Roky Erickson
Ray Davies
Sinéad O'Connor
Poly Styrene

and I'd bet Kendrick Lamar has some depression/bipolar going on behind the scenes as well

not everyone who's mentally ill belongs in a psych ward

Numan is autistic? Is that true?

People who want to kill themselves end up on psych wards all the fucking time, OF COURSE it's a mental fucking illness.

Bradford Cox

probably that nigga xasthur

Jackson C. Frank

It's so obvious it doesn't need to be said, and his music was always basic pop anyway so the crazy never really manifested itself into the music.
Have you ever listened to the man talk
youtube.com/watch?v=c_B9gfwMEHI

also when he's giving public presentations he's spectacularly awkward

sounds like you are m8

>I have suicidal thoughts everyday and haven't been able to get out of bed almost everyday for almost a year and I'm not mentally ill.
yeah, actually it sounds like you are.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_depressive_disorder

holy fuck he's so cute

You sound like a doctor shilling for big pharma. I'm fine, leave me alone

Shh goy, buy this magic pill and see Dr. Von Shekelberg for an appointment to cure everything and make your dick grow.

hmmmm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_schizophrenia

I've literally been in two different psych wards and the vast majority of people there had depression.

That lad from Manic Street Preachers.

>I have suicidal thoughts everyday and can barely get out of bed.
>Nothing's wrong with me
okay m8

It's exactly this. Mental illnesses are a scam and don't exist. Things like schizophrenia are a random malfunction of absurdity or possibly demonic influence. Look at all the people linking Wikipedia articles about mental illness to me. They're brainwashed. They were told a narrative and blindly accept it. They have no idea why I might be sad or want to die. They're feeding the beast.

all of them

Same user. Just googled, really interesting story, he's been missing for 21 years. Richey Edwards.

if Avey Tare were actually like aspergers then I would feel so much better about myself

lol

But what the fuck is this avey tare meme

Richey Edwards

this

You don't think it's convenient to name that "random malfunction"?

> demonic influence
Uhm, you're pretty ill mate

>demonic influence
I'm legitimately concerned about you user

Actually, you've created you're own narrative to cover your feelings, because you don't want to confront them.

Glen Gould.

The biggest, most important, most brilliant classical concert pianist of the 20th century.

Deeply DEEPLY autistic. A sever hypochondriac and was so paranoid about germs he would freak out for days if he had to shake someone's hand.

He refused to play while sitting on ANYTHING except the chair that he had been playing piano on since childhood.

He was on serious prescription painkillers for most of his life to deal with the chronic pain from a spinal injury. He also took other pills to deal with the side effects of the original pills, and more pills to deal with the side effects of the second set of pills etc.

He was incapable of playing without humming and singing along with himself, and claimed that he couldn't stop because didn't even know he was doing it. Recording engineers spent thousands of man hours trying to minimize or edit out his humming in all of his recordings, without much success.

Me

He also had paranoia and thought people were spying on him.

Regarding that chair? He refused to let anyone fix or repair it even though the seat had worn completely through and there was no cushion left: just a hole in the middle. He's perch his ass on the very edge of the frame and balance there while playing.

He'd do this in fucking concert halls and studios.

Why do you persecute what you don't understand? I'm sorry you can't see demons. There's no need to shame others about it.

me too

>schizophrenia
>not mentioning Death Grips

/thread

We hit the autism jackpot. This is /r9k/ personified.

I'd say go see a shrink but you're obviously delusional.
Have fun with your life user

I'm pretty sure Kendrick confimed that he has depression (or had, can't remember)

wow I knew he had autistic tendencies but this is a lot more than I expected. But maybe he just has extreme social anxiety, he couldn't keep eye contact to save his life

Actress (Darren Cunningham)
Arthur Russell
Third Eye Foundation (Matt Elliott)
Throbbing Gristle / Coil
Locust Toybox (David Firth)

came here to post this, there's also very few info and pictures of him, very interesting character

They're just pretending to appeal to edgsters like us.

What do I have if I'm so consumed by feelings of baffled existential confusion, nervous guilt, and hopelessness due to what was deemed naive commitment by my father to your one true love every night you cant get out of bed some days and you just want to explode or loll yourself and you see flashes and colors in your peripheral and zone out for long periods of time

My health insurance won't let me see a therapist so I have to self medicate and the only medication is love from my only

his art is spooky

What does Firth have? He's just weird.

i could just stare at the cover to death church for hours ikr

philip glass
youtube.com/watch?v=uNUAM4tdSso

the early industrial scene had some real fucked up niggas

probably borderline personality disorder

>My health insurance won't let me see a therapist so I have to self medicate and the only medication is love from my only
what the fuck user

What's wrong with that?

when Bjork didn't know much english, she sounded kind of autistic in interviews.

Nah, he's just an asshole

Savant

with what?

if you mean the insurance thing, it's because If you have some kind hallucinations or zone out frequently you definitely should see a therapist because you might develop schizophrenia

if you mean the disorder, just look it up on wikipedia

Is that Richie? Do you think he will ever be found (dead or alive)?

Tonetta is a gay guy that's into scat and BDSM

Dave Roland is some carnival obsessed weirdo

Viper is a god tier rapper

Beauty

Skip Spence is underrated

Please be b8 lmao

>basic pop
nothing basic, he's commonly regarded as a virtuoso songwriter georgefm.co.nz/Michael-Jacksons-A-Cappella-Demo-for-Beat-It-is-Pure-Genius/tabid/238/articleID/173786/Default.aspx

shit just manifests in different ways

She's probably got borderline personality disorder. I honestly feel sorry for her.

byrne isnt always like that tho, it is a persona

That sounds like a mental illness to me, bud. I'm not sure how that's unclear to you. Maybe you suffer from mental retardation as well.

actually I recall that byrne had crippling stage fright as well? Perhaps he's an agoraphobe?

Shane dawson

yep, wasn't diagnosed until his 40s because it wasn't really recognized when he was younger

>agoraphobe
why

Isn't he, though!?!?!?!?!?!

what's wrong with Actress? I'm not surprised by any means, just curious

that's Rivers Cuomo you dip
I think Richey an heroed desu

>Matt Elliott
>David Firth

What are their illnesses?