No bullshit Sup Forumscore chart

Today there were some threads about making an updated Sup Forumscore chart.

It sucked.

Here's an accurate chart that doesn't include flavor-of-the-month crap.

Discuss, I may make changes to it.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10560307
strawpoll.me/10560318
youtube.com/watch?v=e-u6e9G3k20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Take Cardiacs off for the love of god.

Other than that good chart.

You may not like it, but you have to admit that the album is posted quite a lot here.

Take Joanna Newsom off for the love of god.

Other than that good chart.

this again

Replace Ys with Have One on Me and The Money Store with Niggas on the Moon.

Glad to see Sing to God making the list.

I'll do HOOM but I'm not sure about replacing TMS with NotM, that might be controversial (although I have seen NotM praised more lately)

Maybe swap TMR with Velvet Underground or Talking Head as I feel it's discussed a lot more often. I also don't really see Animals or even Endtroducting... talked about that much. Still a much better list then the usual ones I see though.

sub Sup Forumscore should be larger, since its definitely a larger list than Sup Forumscore

no love for a Moon Shaped Meme?

Nearly everyone here regards NotM as the best DG album.

This person is wrong, Cardiacs NEED to stay....

Can we update this chart? Seperate P4k-core into P4k, RYM and Scaruffi core, allowing more variety in the classics section? Also adding more to each individual sections and adding a classical recordings section as well?

I don't have any fancy photo editing software, but I'd be happy to help in some way shape or form

I wouldn't say nearly everyone, but it's probably the most praised.

The question is, do we just put NotM, or The Powers That B as a whole?

maybe take off Endtroducing & replace it with Forever Changes?

How the fuck is there not a Blues general?

flavor of the month, for now

we need to see what time does to it

this is the best chart, even if its not updated, though i do miss the picture at the bottom that says hipster victory

I barely see it discussed.

this is the most accurate one i've seen desu

i don't know how i feel about madvilliany, TVU&N and soundtracks for the blind being in the main section because i dont see them discussed here all that often but hey

>Neu!
>frequently discussed

We need to have a Tago Mago vs Future Days poll if any chart is going to be made

i'd say put TPTB as a whole

Endtroducing gets talked about all the time.

replace Neu! with Faust and we're good
also Autechre are probably eligible for a spot, they fill whole generals frequently after all

Nevermind, replied to wrong person.

Some sort of Swans album should definitely stay in the main section. TVU&N gets discussed way more frequently than ITCOTCK and both should stay for the sake of timelessness.

I never see Forever Changes discussed, I mean
Neu! is posted much more than Faust

replace neu! with glow pt 2

Update #1, added in TPTB and HOOM as per request

Sprained Ankle?

oh shit forgot about that, will add.

The only reason Forever Changes is mentioned is because someone wanted to push it to be discussed more, saying it would "Save Sup Forums" or some shit like that.

I didn't even notice that The Glow Pt 2 wasn't on there. I should be at least sub-mucore for sure.

I like this chart the most too, even though I don't feel it's 100% accurate.

Example, does anyone ever talk about Grateful Dead here?

Find a different ITCOTCK picture, that error in the name is killing me.

Anerican Football seems out of place to me. Not sure if it's even sub Sup Forumscore at this point.

Cardiacs need to go desu

no they need to stay
it's posted a lot and it's a good album as well

I'll edit the name in

Instead of any Radiohead album just put a really lo res picture of Thom Yorke's face. I can't say that Radiohead has a most discussed album here.

there are a few grateful dead threads every so often, but usually dont amount to much since they're a bit of a niche band

They're the definition of flavor-of-the-month

True but Kid A is pretty much the definitive RH album.

Update #2. Replaced Neu! with The Glow pt. 2 and corrected and added an artist name to ITCOTCK

nah, they've been posted around here for years

This is a very contentious opinion but put Grimes on here. She's discussed at length every single day. Regardless if you like her or not, she's a part of board culture.

They've only been posted lately because of le sporkcore meme. If they go on here than James Ferraro and Longboi Season should go on here.

I feel like we should have The Money Store in there instead of The Powers That B

>not including OK Computer
my favorite meme

see

Fuck that, we're not putting albums up there for the sake of waifu shit. Besides, none of her albums have enough attention consistently to be considered "core." Art Angels was flavor-of-the-month stuff.

Kid A is more talked about and respected here
TPTB is getting more praise. And I don't think that's a flavor-of-the-month thing; if that were the case BP would be getting the praise.

they've been posted more, sure, but as with fishmans, always had a decent fanbase and amount of discussion

put long season on this. maybe in place of floyd?

Put Floral Shoppe on there. Like it or not vaporwave is a HUGE part of Sup Forums culture considering we basically invented it.

>not putting them both on
summerfags fucking everywhere smfh

Maybe I'm just oblivious but I don't think I've seen that album as much as Floyd

I really don't see TPTB discussed that much. DG gets discussed all the time but no particular album stands out to me as being the most popular. I always just thought TMS was most representative of the band.

Maybe what DG album to put on the chart should be left to a vote, unless of course I just get drowned out right now and we'll leave TPTB up there.

Long Season isn't popular enough. It only had a niche fanbase of RYM users and weebs until it became a meme.

That's not even close to true. I do though.
Agree to this, but only to it being downgraded.

Sup Forums also adores Stratosphere by Duster.

>we basically invented it.
no, this board helped popularize it which is completely different

Where's Barter 6 or OBND?

No I agree with you. It also doesn't hurt that I prefer the Money Store to TPTB.

Also OP it seems like you're just keeping Cardiacs because you like them when others say they need to go. Consider replacing them

No not really, it's posted here occasionally but I bet less than 25% of the board has heard it.

Also remove Neu that albums barely discussed and replace with the first Faust album.

Also take sweet trip off and replace it with long season.

Then I would say to represents Sup Forums perfectly.

still a big part of this board
floral shoppe or oneohtrix point never need to be on there to represent vaporwave. something needs to represent it.
fotm memes

No. Don't take Cardiacs off. Sing to God is one of the best albums ever, plus it is posted here regularly.

I personally feel like TMS should've stayed, it's mentioned a lot more

half the albums in the sub Sup Forumscore don't belong there at all, and remove meme grips entirely cause that shit is flavor of the month tripe

Poll to decide if I should replace Sing to God with Long Season
strawpoll.me/10560307

Money store instead of the powers that b, the powers that b is much. Ore "flavor of the month," and is not as important to this board as TMS.

>its mentioned a lot more

I only see it mentioned as the accessible pleb album

Just because you don't like le black people music doesn't mean it's fotm. Like it or not the Money Store deserves its place on the list

The Sup Forumscore chart is the more accessible stuff that everyone should be familiar with so if that was true it would make sense to leave it on.

Poll to decide which DG album goes in, between TMS and TPTB
strawpoll.me/10560318

well of course floyd are one of the biggest bands in the world, but they're not as defining of this board's own taste or culture
StG, V:C:N, Deathcon are similarly niche, just that the niche happens to gather on this board, which the chart is supposed to represent
otherwise, put Sgt Peppers

Tons of people like the TMS, at least much more than TPTB.

Also request that we replace sweet trip with TPAB.

Also keep American Football, it is still discussed enough around here to be considered Sup Forums-core

>V:C:N
*V:D:C, i mean

TPAB is flavor-of-the-month until time proves otherwise

I don't think TPAB belongs here. It's good, sure. But its place is reddit, not here

>Like it or not the Money Store deserves its place on the list
>this is what high schoolers actually believe

It's been over a year and there's are still threads about it all the time.

Thats a good point, though I wouldn't say its discussed more
I bet a ton of people do like TMS but I haven't seen it mentioned as much as TPTB

It's still the latest album in a popular artist's discography

People discuss it here all the time, that makes it Sup Forums-core it doesn't matter if Reddit likes it that's completely irrelevant.

>Untitled Unmastered isn't a thing

It's a collection of B-sides

see I don't think it's been around long enough to be considered Sup Forums core. It's discussed because it's recent not because it's great.

Replace animals with A Love Supreme, we already have tons of prof rock and no Jazz, and I'd say jazz is a pretty important part of this board.

Good point

I'm wondering if I should do that, Kind of Blue, or something else?

One, it's great, two it isn't the most recent album by Kendrick, three it's been over a year and people still won't stop talking about, it's discussed way more than animals, and v:d:c.

Kind of Blue seems like the logical choice for entry-level jazz but I honestly don't see it come up here much. Maybe Black Saint & The Sinner Lady.

I'd say John Coltrane is the most popular jazz musician on this board, and A Love Suprem is the most loved.

But I think we should see what other people say.

Kendrick is garbage. Don't put this reddit top forty normcore on a Sup Forums chart that's supposed to provide new music, not shit everyone's heard before.

Maybe add another line in sub/mu/core

Thank god someone else noticed the lack of grateful dead representation on the chart. American beauty is definitely the right album to make it on there but terrapin station could find a spot in there imo

Then why the fuck did we put Oanye in Sup Forums-core? Sup Forums-core is supposed to represent the music most discussed on this board and TPAB is talked about endlessly.

we already went through this shit like 3 weeks ago.

Hill is pretty based but MC Ride rubs his ghetto off on him and the whole thing gets a little too ghetto hard

youtube.com/watch?v=e-u6e9G3k20

This is less extensive and wrong in some areas.

*Kanye

My bad