>implying Grimes is not the new Bjork.

>Common things between Grimes & Bjork:
>weird voices
>quirky, playful personalities
>strange fashion sense
>interesting live shows
>acclaimed electronic music
>dedicated fanbase
>obscure albums before the proper breakthrough albums (Grimes has Geidi Primes & Halfaxa, Bjork has S/T album from 1977)
>eclectic music taste.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YSWwVYuqsVM
youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bjork_discography
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_discography
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they both fucking suck who cares

fuck you grimesbjorkfag

roll

>implying Grimes is not the new Death Grips.

>Common things between Grimes & Death Grips:
>weird voices
>strange fashion sense
>interesting live shows
>acclaimed electronic music
>dedicated fanbase
>obscure albums before the proper breakthrough albums (Grimes has Geidi Primes & Halfaxa, Death Grips have Exmilitary album from 2011)

I agree both are mediocre musicians that rely on being attractive to men to get publicity.

nice psycho you got there

roll

pls don't bully

>tfw i dreamed that i was in a car with grimes and she was about to do a show but the weed we smoked didn't calm her enough so i fingerbanged her right there to calm her anxiety

jerked off after i woke up

If only they shared talent...

But Bjork has made good music while Grimes has not.

nice b8

rollerino

>interesting live shows

You mean shit amateurish shows that reveal how truly talentless Grimes is.

LUCKY

fuck it

kek

They're both making good music. They're both critics darlings.

Grimes had some hit and miss shows. Her fans love these amateurish shows, they're more real. Sometimes she's really good live: youtube.com/watch?v=YSWwVYuqsVM

>implying Grimes is not the new Aphex Twin.

>Common things between Grimes & Aphex Twin:
>weird voices
>strange fashion sense
>Cornish
>Ginger hair
>beard
>drives a tank
>openly mocks disabled people

>they're more real.
That's a good point! She's very involved with her shows, even if it's out of anxieties.

Big difference.

Bjork can actually sing.

tism

>Bjork can actually sing.
She has a stronger voice, but also she could be very shrill many times. Or even out of tune. Grimes has a blurrier voice, more like Liz Fraser of Cocteau Twins, but not as good. But she never claimed to be a great vocalist.

youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4

roll 4 mindy

baka a degenerate slut

roll

>implying Grimes is not the new Kanye

>daily shitposting threads
>so bad other anons find it hard to beleive
>b8 success r8 is 8/8 every day
>makes meme music

some artists are so bad it just baits Sup Forums every time

No.

Yes.

Maybe.

haha this board is awesome xD

Bjork and Grimes are more similar than people want to admit. Grimes will never take her place, but she will be as respected as her if she keeps making great music. She has a great future ahead of her.

The level of delusion here is really quite scary

>if she keeps making great music
Well when is she going to start then?

Are you an easily scared dumbass?

>Björk
>good music

Looks like a fucking mongoloid chimpanzee too

In 2008.

Grimes isn't a natural ginger, you idiot.

roll 4 qtie

I'm really not sure this is ironic any more

It was always ironic.

Roll

holy shit the user from last th that didn't believe in her story got btfo
and I don't think she could relate to one of us after going through all of that

>A former goth kid from Vancouver, Claire originally moved to Montreal to study Russian literature at McGill University, before switching to the neuroscience course. Music never seemed like a viable option until she started hanging out at La Brique's predecessor Lab Synthèse, where she was encouraged to produce her own tracks by her now-manager and engineer Sebastian Cowan. When Lab Synthèse's co-founder David Matthew Peet killed himself in 2008, she decided that she owed it to him to submit to her to true calling.

>"I was like: 'Fuck, I could die. We could all die, at any time. Why the hell am I wasting my time? I'm just going to do what I want to do for the rest of my life. I don't need money.'" To the mild horror of her parents, Claire turned her back on the world of brain biology to pursue Grimes full time. "I've completely fucked my life," she admits cheerily. "I don't live anywhere, I don't see my friends. You have to sacrifice a lot of things to do this. But the pay-off is this incredible freedom."

>"Visions was an extremely cathartic album to make. I went through a period a few years back when I was really addicted to drugs. Two of my best friends died, I had this really fucked-up assault experience and I was constantly in and out of terrible relationships. I never really dealt with all that, but I eventually realised that by making songs I could work through these things that had been plaguing me for years."

>As a result, Claire reckons there is a "weird jubilance" to Visions. "It can totally be a party album if you want, which is hilarious to me because it's so tortured. But because it's about sloughing off that pain, there is a kind of joy in the way it takes you from utter depression to utter ecstasy."

Damn...

Grimes:
>There’s a psychology to success. I was reading all these biographies and watching documentaries about people who are successful. It seemed like the only thread amongst everybody is that unflinching, “Yes, I can do this and I am the best.” It’s a personal rhetoric that you can develop. Like, if you go and tell journalists, “I’m the future of music,” then people start printing that. So I’m just going to tell everyone I’m making the future of music. I’M GOING TO FORCE THE SITUATION TO HAPPEN.

>So I’m just going to tell everyone I’m making the future of music
so that's why she said that to nardwuar

She's pretty cool.

I admire her tenacity. To follow her dreams despite the countless haters and naysayers. Not empty words, words and action.

This

I can't get out what motivated her still, maybe I'm just depressed but I don't see myself doing the same thing she did, and I had an easier life

You cared. They don't suck because you say so. Now fuck off.

i have no choice

whoever i get defines julia's pesonality

KEIKO

we did it my friends, im officially qt

Not a bad roll at all

Why does this exist

roll for carley, alisha or chad

Pls

can't resist the old rollaroo

roll

Pls no men

i did this already in another thread

Grimes is the pleb artist while Bjork is the patrician counterpart.

Bjork is popular though, that's mainstream pleb.

Good joke. You're forgetting one detail: Bjork is a mainstream artist (signed to a major label) that had big hits. Bjork obviously is pleb-friendly, that's why she had so much success with the masses. Shame that she wrote her last decent tune many years ago.

On the other hand, Grimes is a self taught indie artist that started from nothing and does everything by herself, including production/directing music videos/artwork. Her music is also better than Bjork. This is patrician as it gets.

Again the level of self delusion here is pretty scary. I think you need professional help.

>denying obvious facts
>being scared all the time
Seek help.

this.

grimes is pretty patrician actually when you think about it.

>implying that plebs don't love bjork much more than grimes, which is too weird for them
pretty equal critical acclaim, so count and compare bjork and grimes album sales.

>grimes
>good
how are things over at the deaf school?

I already have an Avery/Elena combo, so rolling for the dog

Roll bitch

Haha great I got Avery.
Rolling again

>Grimes is not mainstream

Uncommon things between bjork and grimes
Being able to write interesting music
Not being tone deaf
Being able to sing outside of squeaky whispering

>Her music is also better than Bjork.

Is this nigger serious?

oblivion is decent, but grimes is pretty shit overall desu

>Grimes is not mainstream
Exactly. She never had a hit.

Compare these 2:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bjork_discography
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_discography

Look at those chart positions and sales. Bjork sold millions and had numerous hits. Plebs love her. Don't be fooled by Grimes popularity on Sup Forums, she's far from mainstream.

How much are you getting paid?

You have nothing to say, what can you do? Asking stupid questions?

rooolll

>Being able to sing outside of squeaky whispering
You mean Bjork. She has squeaky screaming too. Look no further than It's Oh So Quiet.

Seriously, It's strange to criticize Grimes' voice when Bjork's voice is much weirder.

Oh so you're a volunteer retard. God. Pathetic. Not even getting paid to shill.

>implying you need a hit to be mainstream
>implying that your album charting at 16 in your home country doesn't make you mainstream

Keiko, Elena, Vivien and Maya best grills.

You have a weird definition of mainstream, dude. Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, Lorde are mainstream, not Grimes.

>implying that your album charting at 16 in your home country doesn't make you mainstream
That means shit when we're talking about the whole world. Look at her charts in UK and US, the most relevant markets.

I'm not a volunteer, not paid, nothing like that. I just stated some facts for the sake of accuracy. If you're a retarded contrarian jerk that can't accept what I said here (obvious facts, proved with sources), that's not my problem. You have my permission to fuck off.

HE POSTED IT AGAIN, THE MADMAN

wtf you just took my post and over elaborated enjoy the (you)'s

>being this mad

B8

rolling

Henry Rollins

pls

Ayy

Oblivion & Realiti > *insert Bjork song*

rollin