Vinyl general

vinyl thread lets go

post recent pick ups

pic related

>tfw drunk drivers and 1973 state park isn't on the same side

Other urls found in this thread:

musicstack.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

my grandpa recently gave me a JVC QL-A200 and a little Optimus SA-155 amp. it isn't too much, but it's a nice start!

nigga where's your dust cover?

is that the recalled copy?

Bruhhhh physical is out?

Arrived in the post today. 1/2

2/2

I think I busted my subwoofer. It sounds all crunchy now and I don't think it's the wiring's fault.

Just set up my turntable with a new needle and a new cartridge and it's having some bad distortion issues, the severity depends on the record and how loud/close to the center it is (Halcyon Digest is pretty much flawless up to Desire Lines which is the last song on Side A while Amnesiac is really bad right off the bat).

Any ideas of what it could be or just general stuff I can do to fix this? I know it's not the speakers/preamp since I already use them to watch TV and they sound fine there.

Could be misaligned after the cartridge change ?

just slid in the mail slot yesterday

FUCK OFF WILL

Possibly. How do I find out/realign it? Is this the part where I need a protractor?

I kind of suck at this.

google can tell you all, I have never had to do it.

correct tracking force and fix skating

tape a few pennies to the needle. itll fix everything

My favourite Mogwai album for sure.

i took it off for a sec so i could put the cover on the hinges
yea and desu after first listen the pressing is pretty shitty.

got these bad bois

does Just What I Needed / Not Just What I Needed have the Cars' sample?

what online stores do you guys usually shop from? what stores do you recommend?

Discogs and labels.

amazon

Stop posting will

See

no that version is super rare and was mostly recalled

Distortion near the end of a side is a common occurance with a lot of records. It depends on whether or not it was mastered properly to compensate for this.

Did these records have this issue before?

>>tfw drunk drivers and 1973 state park isn't on the same side
side A not having Destroyed By Hippie Powers on it is a worse feel. side a is like 11 minutes and side b is over 20 why will why
having a recalled copy makes up for it I guess

if you live in/near New England, BULL MOOSE. they don't change until they ship, so you can preorder without worrying, and every record I've ever gotten from them came in perfect condition. corners are perfect, no dents or creases, nothing. really fast shipping too

*charge until

>2016
>still listening to music on a inferior format when ya could be listening to it in crisp clear FLAC for free

You should shoot yourself tripfag

Why cause i speak the truth?

you win, filtered

>SEETHING

Not that recent at this point but I haven't gotten anything since.
I'll miss that record store.

Very good meme. I rate it 8/8 meme points, you are a certified tripmeme, my meme friend!

>"wahhhhh i know hes right but have no response... I know, ill just call him a meme that'll show em' xD"

gently push on the cone and if you feel a resistance paired with a grinding sound she's fuckered

niceeeeee

thats all i got

neat gif, source?

>implying you aren't a meme
nice try

name something that isn't a meme
>protip : it's impossible

Discogs, Experimedia, Boomkat, Bleep if it's an exclusive thing, labels

Nothin new but most recent purchases

>Luxury Problems
Always a solid choice

DEANOOO

We did it nigga

just got a turntable as a birthday gift, it's the first one i've ever owned. problem is it's totally shit.

it's a crosley (don't lynch me it wasn't my choice to receive this thing).

it's playing the few records i own slightly faster than normal, i compared it to the song on my ipod and it gets ahead about 5 seconds per minute. it's really irritating. is there anything i can do to fix this? from what i've read since it's a crosley i'm pretty much fucked, but maybe you faggots can help me out

Hide it in a corner somewhere and get a good turntable.

okay yeah i figured as much. thanks i guess.

the crosley was a gift from my gf, she knows jack shit about vinyl and just wanted to do something she knew i wanted, so i'm gonna feel really shitty buying a new one and basically sticking hers in the trash like you said. i'll just tell her it broke or something

Yeah tell her it broke, that is a very plausible story. Best way a crosley shit box is a great way to ruin records.

ok, well, now that we've cleared that shit up, can you recommend a good starter tt that won't rape my bank account? i think i've seen people saying the at-lp120 is a good place to start? y/n?

Aye it's a good call.

So /vinyl/, are you mostly buying new or old vinyl?

Both my good man.

ok what about speaker setup? i know my shitty crosley comes with a preamp already inside it, what about the at-lp120

why are you here posting in a vinyl thread. it takes a certain type of autist to want to be identified on an anonymous imageboard to begin with. Yet you're wasting your time with entry level bants in a vinyl thread.

Anyway here's your reply

thought the version without the cars sample wasn't out til the 8th

yeah it has a built in preamp as well.

okay cool you've convinced me. thanks

atm new, music festival been going on here and I've been picking up a lot of stuff from bands I've stumbled across. Will probably post my full loot afterward.

At the risk of giving a copout answer speakers are a completely subjective choice. I could recommend speakers that you might very well personally despise the sound of, you gotta go out and test things for yourself.

Mostly new lately but earlier this year I made a massive purchase in a thrift store

Im looking for a vinyl frame that wont damage a larger vinyl booklet. I recently got Manipulator and i bought some frames to hold them from Hobby Lobby. Unfortunately because of the large booklet the back won't close to the frame and I'd rather not damage the booklet by leaving it in.
Does anyone know where i could find a frame that will accommodate the thicker booklet?

ebay

musicstack.com can have some hard to find records.

They did not.

To this extent, though? It sounds like the speakers got blown out. The Radiohead ones are the worst of the bunch, Packt Like Sardines is painful to listen to when it gets to "I'm a reasonable man get off my case".

Also as long as we're talking about distortion and noise
The record I want the most of anything is Elliott Smith - XO, but it got reissued on FUCKING PLAIN RECORDINGS and the original on Bong Load is usually around 70-100 bucks, if not more. I like it enough to pay for the premium if I really need to, but I've heard that the original pressing also has some bad surface noise. Apparently it kind of varies between them - some are perfect, and some aren't.

Is it worth it to take the risk? How can I figure out whether the one I'm looking at is going to sound good or not? Anyone have a copy that can chime in here?

If I wanna listen to vinyl through headphones only what would be a good starting turntable? Budget is 200. Thx.

I either buy it straight from the label or on dodax.com

bump

Or this.

anus

I like the album but goddamn that cover is atrocious

is the dust cover not important? again i'm new to vinyl so i'm not really sure

XD

It comes with one.

Get out of here Will

Forgot pic

best haul itt

1/2 inb4 meme music

2/2

>tfw that sealed Still Life has a shit ton of surface noise, even after multiple cleanings

I can't imagine it not having a dust cover, even crosleys have them.

good stuff

>666

Fuck yeah, is it in good shape?

New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle

Original US 12" release

i bet that's worth an arm and a leg

Checked discogs, unfortunately it isn't

This is interesting though

hmm, interdasting

dust cover obligatory. don't go without.

It's not just about the quality, I know I sound generic here, but people like vinyl because it's collectible, nostalgic, and some people adhere to the physical features that come with it.

bump

More post arrived today.

Also free code.

for my gf

I got these today at a semi-local shop.