Should we rate albums by how we like them or should we rate them by the quality of the album...

should we rate albums by how we like them or should we rate them by the quality of the album. Like how most people say an album is a classic and you think it's just another old, shitty album.

by how much you like them, yeah

We shouldn't rate albums.

Rating an album by anything other than enjoyment makes you a tryhard faggot

Also is right, art shouldn't be quantified

the former. builds self-esteem and trust in what YOU want and/or don't want from music. anyone who says otherwise is a tool, honestly.

rating albums is like swimming to architecture

Rating is fine as long as you're going by the text attached to the rating instead of the number.
Like I have "Bad," "Flawed," "Good," "Great," and "Essential." That's how I rate, not by the number.

what if you rate for organizational purposes? cuz that's how i've always gone about things.

ther'es no should just do what you want mann

honestly who cares about ratings. what you say about an album is way more valuable anyway

How about I walk inside your house and bash you over the head with a sharp rock killing you instantly

How about you chill the autism man

There literally is no difference.

If you think you can hear "quality" then you by definition believe there's something objective to how good music is. And that's factually wrong.

THIS. Rating is the fast food of art criticism.

>muh subjectivity
please return to reddit

>"objective" criticism
>the ___ is bad

Fucking idiot. You can't chill autism. It can't get cold.

>muh objectivity
please return to high school

>THIS. Rating is the fast food of art criticism.

rating on rateyourmusic.com is used to get auto recommendation
on tastekid you say you like some artist
on last.fm you listen to it with scrobbler on

its just the method rym selected to use

last.fm automatically create the album, song and artists profiles, but because of the way it do recommendations it do worse recommendation than something that use a rating system.

rym have better recommendation, but you have to create manually the profile of the albums.

tastekid have worse recommendation than rym since its just like, hate and meh, but its simpler to rate, to the ones that have a hard time rating in a numeric scale

Reminder to everybody to just filter boldfaure for a better Sup Forums experience.

Bump

so are music and art subjective or objective?

trips for truth

crips for koop-a king