Reminder that if this isn't your AOTY then you know jackshit about music

Reminder that if this isn't your AOTY then you know jackshit about music

How are them tapes selling James?

do i still have to have it as my aoty if i didn't listen to it?

Listen to it now you pleb

i'm good, i don't listen to vaporwave

It's not even vaporwave, moron.

Go spam your shitty album on reddit.

Average to below average and i like ferraro

w/e you say man

it's not slowed down sample based shit you idiots

if you say so

it's not vaporwave, it's modern classical/art music.

not even memeing

It's gash, that's what it is.

listen to it your fucking self. i'm telling the truth.

like i said, i don't listen to vaporwave

>On Human Story 3, James Ferraro paints a hyperrealistic portrait of modern consumerist society and the adoration for the post-digital age. Labeled as his very own “classical” record, this is a masterful suite that bluntly yet powerfully displays capitalism, market crashes, digital mediums, and various businesses that appeal to the average millennial consumer and middle-aged merchant. Ferraro’s latest is not so much a Music For iPads and Starbucks, Vol. 1 as it is a potent mirror to our current lifestyle; its brilliantly haunting MIDI choir and string arrangements serve as the backdrop and simultaneous forefront to a text-to-speech narrator that works as a crucial element to Human Story 3′s main conceptual drive and aesthetics. Like a robotic secretary on the Virtual Cloud™ above a modern, dreamy CGI Mario landscape, we are presented with the “individualism” and “commercial simulacra” of IKEA, Starbucks, market crashes, touchscreen GPS variations, GoPros, Microsoft, freeways, yoga, lattes, burning Priuses, the contemporary plasticity of the “real” world, global markets, our own reflective digital products, smartphones, etc. With each one-punch reminder of Human Story 3′s surreal yet fitting take on state-of-the-art merchandising and worldwide retails, Ferraro peels back more and more layers of the album’s often satiric but undeniably artistically moving and important exhibition of the post-internet sphere’s postmodernist appeal.
damn...

it's not the typical slowed down sample based shit, though.

>it's not vaporwave
Okay now I kinda don't want to listen to it.

i'll take your word for it

Now, you're just coming off as a stubborn idiot. HS3 is certainly not Vaporwave, regardless of your feelings about Ferraro.

so why don't you listen to it then?

IT'S NOT MASTERFUL IF YOU HAVE TO LITERALLY SPELL OUT THE THEMES YOU'RE PORTRAYING YOU SHIT

why do people think ferraro wrote that? it's from a review.

Ferarro just doesn't give a fuck

He's living in a totally different world

but i literally just explained to you that it's not the typical slowed down sample based shit

someone post the ferraro 9 minute set copypasta

Is there anything recommendable that sounds near the angle Far Side Virtual and HS3 are coming from? Like the whole 'it sounds like The Sims and Pixar and easy listening video game soundtracks only it's actually something substantially interesting to listen to' kind of vibe?

I've listened to quite a bit of vaporwave but this stuff stands out somehow. It's not Vaporwave basically, it just informed that direction of embracing muzak.

Pic related caught my attention for instance, did anyone here like this?

Oh yeah i know, i just really dislike how pretentious this album is and had to express my impotent anger

see:

hahahahaha
pathetic

yeah, you are.

>he headlined a show at the smell that had like, a fucking incredible long, comtemplative mark mcguire set, a totally cool spencer clarke set, a whole bunch of shit, like people going out and doing their things that were all really popping off at the time, i remember this was riiight around when this mk of the board first launced so whatever year that was, Not Not Fun was just getting big, pocahaunted were one of the other big names playing and they were just playing this horrible like, pinecone tampon womens studies dreadlocked take on the doors, but they seemed sincere enough, not important, anyway ferraro comes out, plays one (really cool classically ferraro-y) loop, goes "YA-MA-HA" into a little casio mic and loops that for a couple minutes, is offstage after roughly 9 minutes, smirking his ass off and looking for the afterparty

best song on the album?

good on you

never gets old

thank you

>marcel's reaction
10/10 FERRARO IS A LIVING GOD

FUCKEN GOT HEEEEEEEM

stop this meme and post 3 pieces of art you genuinely think are intelligent

I can't believe Marcel only gave this a 7/10

that pasta is from marcel originally? oh my god that makes it so much better

we should have kept marcel memeing forever. it was so much funnier than some of our more recent memes

yeah but it's scaruffi logic so in reality it's a 9/10. his actual review made it out to seem like it was a 10/10 as well.

Reminder that if this isn't your AOTY for 2015 then you know jackshit about music

stop making these threads you autistic fuck

nah the pasta wasn't from him, that was taken from some very old message board post.

this is from him:

this made me cringe so hard

oh wow this album is not good at all

(you)

Someone's mad that they didn't get it

ah yeah, i'm so upset because i couldn't understand the subtle nuances of a vaporwave album

stop it

no u

>vaporwave

c'mon guys this is clearly vaportrap

Thanks for proving my point!

the closest you'll get is R+7 and some library music, otherwise I don't really know what else there is

Yeah, and I already love R+7.

It's cool, not surprising if not, I'm just happy this much already exists. I love it.

np man
you're right, i didn't understand it. mostly because i didn't listen to it, because i don't listen to vaporwave.

Holly Herndon - Platform

You also don't get it because you have a fundamental lack of understanding when it comes to genre classifications.

there was some pretty R+7-esque library music posted in a recent sharethread (I think maybe #97)
also iirc there's an album by some japanese guy that Lopatin cited as an inspiration to R+7 that I'll have to go find

i mean, it's kind of impossible to understand music you didn't listen to, but w/e.

so why dont you listen to it? its not the generic slowed down type of sample based vaporwave. it sounds more like OPN's R+7.

>didn't get it
pretentious

found the album I was thinking of, it's Yasuaki Shimizu - Music For Commercials
it's like R+7 minus the chopping and glitchfuckery

>its not the generic slowed down type of sample based vaporwave.
so it's the non-generic, non-slowed down, non-sample based type of vaporwave?

exactly

it's not any type of vaporwave

so it's vaporwave?

That doesn't exist. How can it be vaporwave if you take away all the characteristics of vaporwave?

i have no idea what you're trying to say

just fucking listen to it idiot

but i don't listen to vaporwave

good, you should like it then. it's not vaporwave.

why not?

it's not fucking vaporwave you retard

You guys should listen to his other vaporwave albums

it definitely is, you dumb summerfag avant teen

why wouldn't you listen to something thats vaporwave?

But Ferraro has been making music since long before the term even existed and really isn't associated with the rather small and predictable "scene" that is vaporwave

thats just pic of grimes

that guy isn't me, but i don't listen to vaporwave

vaporwave sucks

why not?

shows up for me as this, lol at Sup Forums eating dick

why don't you listen to vaporwave?

why do you listen to vaporwave?

that's absolutely retarded
downboating that genre right now

>spoken word

why don't you listen to vaporwave? [2]

This album is pure poseur shit

i asked you first

Wow, some idiots on RYM think everything with MIDI is vaporwave, more news at 10

um, no, you didn't. i clearly asked YOU first:

nah, i asked you first

fuck off montie
even though you're on my side

do you have trouble fucking seeing idiot.

this post:
came before this post:

Then join my side. Its more popular now and its against elitism

no it didn't
r u dumb?