How much emphasis do you put into lyrics compared to the musicality?

How much emphasis do you put into lyrics compared to the musicality?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pvbJY2CjrUI
youtube.com/watch?v=sjSkktZL7zk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depends on the genre. If it's pop like Pet Sounds, I mostly disregard the lyrics. If it's folk like Blonde on Blonde, I pay a lot of attention to them. For some reason though I still can't get into Dylan's music.

idk. pet sounds has bad lyrics and good music. blonde on blonde has shit music but good lyrics.

pet sounds doesn't have bad lyrics in any way, they perfectly suit the album. they're honest, straightforward, simple, naive, and at times beautiful

to answer the question, it depends. i greatly prefer musicality to lyrics, but good lyrics add a ton to good music

Of course Pet Sounds has great lyrics, but it's the exception. Most pop lyrics are meant to be disregarded.

certain genres and albums call for more artention in terms of lyrics. genrally though, it's not something I pay attention to the first couple times I listen to an album. as I fall deeper in love with it, the lyrics come to matter more.

i suppose but i'd definitely categorize pet sounds as art pop or art rock or psychedelic rock. it wasn't mean to be heard the same way as their earlier genuine pop records.

i was mostly responding to though, and i thought you had agreed with him

Eh... I don't really care as long as at least one is good.

However, sometimes the lyrics and the music is equally good, like in the case of Chelsea Wolfe...

They're both albums about love, except Dylan understands love better than Wilson. Also - the comparison of which is more "musical" is completely fucking asinine. Pet Sounds doesn't do anything "musically" new, so to speak, but it did make many points as to what the studio is capable of and what a pop song can be.

Eminem > Bob Dylan > John Lennon > Paul McCartney.

Who?

Depends on the individual song.

Chelsea fucking Wolfe?

youtube.com/watch?v=pvbJY2CjrUI
youtube.com/watch?v=sjSkktZL7zk

what an asinine post.

>Dylan understands love better than Wilson
ridiculous claim with no proof at all

>Pet Sounds doesn't do anything "musically" new, so to speak
worst part of this post desu, and totally wrong

Wilson didn't write the lyrics on Pet Sounds, Tony Asher did

And that's not even the most wrong you were in that post sit down lad

>blonde on blonde has shit music
hahahahahhahahahahahahah

Dumbass

Shut up

pretty much 90% emphasis on musicality tbqhwy

>pic extremely related

>blonde on blonde has shit music
Dylan holding the last note on every verse of One of Us Must Know and the piano player going fucking ham on the keys grips me more than anything on Pet Sounds, honestly, it's an insane song

Not our fault you're wrong, tbqh

Such nice triple dubs wasted on a shitty post

Nigga pls. That's an unsuccessful troll.

>Blonde on Blonde
>shit music

garbage lmao

Garbage opinion lmao

no u hav it