AnCo is all I've been interested in listening to lately. Can anyone recommend something similar to any of their albums...

AnCo is all I've been interested in listening to lately. Can anyone recommend something similar to any of their albums, even if it doesn't necessarily cover their whole spectrum.

Also SJ>MPP>Feels>Sung Tongs>STGSTV>HCTI>Campfire Songs>PW>CHz>Danse Manatee

Other urls found in this thread:

candyclaws.bandcamp.com/album/ceres-calypso-in-the-deep-time
youtube.com/watch?v=axoNz2g7VMY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Check out Racoo-oo-oon and Braids
also

STGSTV=HTCI>Feels=Sung Tongs>SJ>MPP=CS>Danse>Chz>PW

> SJ>MPP>Feels>Sung Tongs>STGSTV
> No Hollinndagain
Top pleb

candyclaws.bandcamp.com/album/ceres-calypso-in-the-deep-time

MPP = SJ > STGSTV > Feels > HCTI > Sung Tongs > CHz = CS > PW > DM

>overrating MPP, SJ, and Feels
>Danse at bottom
Pleb alert

Fanboy & Chim Chum

Don't care

Musicianship > Whacky inaccessible noise

is this brain wilsons attempt at literally making a sgt peppers

Check out Panda Bear's solo albums, Person Pitch is fantastic. Sleep Cycle by band member Deakin is also really good.

If you can't get into it, that's fine, but early AnCo is far from random noise fuckery.

I'm having trouble getting into Here Comes the Indian. Any tips?

>Muh musicianship
>Puts accessible pop anco over STGSTV and Sung Tongs
Whatever excuse you can come up with to defend your reddit taste, man.

Nope, that would be pic related. Smiley Smile is what came out of SMiLEs original collapse. It's their weirdest release and for that feels the most anco-y, but I consider SMiLE/The Smile Sessions a better album

Alvin Band - Rainbow Road is like a mix between MPP and of Montreal with video game references. You might like it

t. pleb

OP here, I dunno what you mean by "musicianship" but that's not why I have my ratings. My AnCo interest is on the poppier side, but the more I listen, the more I enjoy the less accessible. I used to only listen to MPP but right now my most listened to is probably STGSTV.

Also These are also already favorites of mine

Honestly, I didn't like it for the longest time. The only song I really liked was Slippi. For me, I didn't like DM, CS, or HCTI no matter how many times I listened to them, but then months later, I would get the urge to play them again, and they grew on me from there. I would just listen to it enough so you remember how it sounds, then wait a while and give it another shot. It's one of those albums that works better when you sort of remember how it goes in the back of your mind.

Also if you're listening on spotify, dont listen to the 2001 remaster. it has the wrong version of Wind Chimes for some reason

there's nothing else like anco. even a """bad""" album like Painting With sounds like absolutely nothing else, that's why desperate shitposters always resort to stale memes like fanboy and chum chum and twenty one pilots.

Try hosting a dance party with only AnCo playing. It's best if you invite people who've never even heard their music before so their minds will be extra blown.

Check out Shabazz Palaces. Both Black Up and Lese Majesty are fantastic. Psychedelic/Space hip-hop

Nothing gets people dancing like all 12 minutes of Visiting Friends

I would suggest Rick Alvin - Lady Portrait (free on bandcamp), it's a continuation of Alvin Band's Lady Portrait EP (same guy) with additional songs, it's preeeeettyyy good

look at poor deak on the outside. the other three are clearly laughing about something, but the deak must not have heard the joke. perhaps it was an inside joke. poor deak barely manages to fake a grin.

Im this guy.

Also check out
Mercury Rev - Yerself is Steam
Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer
Grizzly Bear - Yellow House
Sprititualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space

>spirit they've gone
>not their best

s m h

there is no joke, they're blazed as fuck just look at geo

>Using They've instead of They're
I wonder what s m h filters to baka

Early Braids. They changed their sound drastically after Set Pieces and Native Speaker. There's also Adult Jazz's new album, Earrings Off!, which has been kinda polarizing from what I've seen. Some people hate it, some people love it. Whatever, I love it. It's kinda grating and annoying but rewarding to listen to. youtube.com/watch?v=axoNz2g7VMY

also MPP>STGSTV>SJ>CHz>Feels>PW>Sung Tongs>Campire Songs>Danse Manatee>HCTI

deakin isnt

fred durst on suicide watch

Deak couldnt get blazed cause he was busy ordering his hormones from sketchy Chinese websites

>someone finally gives PW the praise it deserves
my nig-
>HCTI at the bottom
o-oh.

they just didn't invite him to the sesh i bet

HTCI is a mess that goes nowhere and you know it. All their other albums seem like they at least tried, but they really shit the bed on this one.

Black Dice - Beaches and Canyons

i mean that band toured with anco all the time and one member was a housemate of dave i think

u mad cuz u no im rite

Hi newfag OP, I remind you of this event. After this, posting about anco is not allowed. Now get off the board or obey the rules. Thanks!

solid recs
Ween - The Mollusk
OOIOO - Feather Float
XTC - Drums and Wires
Silver Apples - Silver Apples

fucking this

I can't believe it took this thread 37 replies before the correct one. is everybody too young for them now?

Black Dice for Danse era
El Guincho for Person Pitch type stuff
also
ST > Hollinndagain > HCtI >= STGSTV > MPP = SJ > DM > PW > CS = Feels > CHz
and holy fuck this thread is filled with plebs

Ariel Pink

Spirit=Feels>Danse=Sung Tongs>SJ>MPP>HCTI=Campfire Songs>PW>CHz