Not obvious/"popular", yet very good post-rock?

Not obvious/"popular", yet very good post-rock?
Bottom line: underrated post-rock releases thanks ;)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aZ0Bp6avemI
youtube.com/watch?v=3OYrpbfAYks
themercuryprogram.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nice ass

listen to Lowercase, they're kind of like Slint

Fall of Efrafa

appreciate your recs

post-rock is a rotting corpse

Directions in Music was created by Bundy K Brown. If you don't know him, he played on Tortoise's first album and the EP Gamera as well as the first Gastr del Sol album. Really great guitarist.

The first two albums by Mob are great, though I feel I've been talking about that band too often.

Starfuckers if you want something really out there.

Long Fin Killie if you want some really impressive bass/drum/guitar interplay yet a quiet, comfy overall sound.
youtube.com/watch?v=aZ0Bp6avemI
4th-wave will reinvigorate it soon enough

'O'Rang

>Starfuckers
This was 2deep4me, someone recommended them because I asked for something like Fly Pan Am but is just sounds like silence with occasional spurts of people fucking around with guitars

They also have some of the best music about being gay ever made

youtube.com/watch?v=3OYrpbfAYks

hahaha oh man, that's such a weird rec for something like Fly Pan Am.

For them, I would say you might like Radiant, Discharged, Crossed Off by Bastard or Dry Stone Feed by Main

DI Go Pop absolutely blew my mind, gorgeous record. Jaw dropped and nearly cried, new GOAT. Maybe not "underrated" but I'd say it's overlooked when compared to some other post-rock releases. I'm also loving The Fall of Math and World's End Girlfriend.

Other albums like it?

Yeah I really like their lyrics, surreal but still understandable, whereas a lot of post-rock with lyrics is just about vague stuff
I'll check these out, thanks. I just love FPA's atmospheric and groovy sound.

if atmosphere and groove is what you want, then probably China Gate by Cul de Sac would be a better choice

Try Eva Luna by Moonshake

The Mercury Program

themercuryprogram.bandcamp.com/

Thanks!

le bump

Everything done by sleepmakeswaves and Russian Circles

Thanks for the replies, dudes. I'll be checking those

We Lost the Sea

sigh, this

Rachel's - Handwriting
Rachel's - The Sea And The Bells

I intend to share the FLAC release you gave me in a sharethread some time with my thoughts on it. Hopefully it'll give them some oomf. Don't feel bad, I talk about Rusty whenever given the chance here.