So I guess Sup Forums will like him again for a bit

So I guess Sup Forums will like him again for a bit

inb4 he mentions 15:36

I can't really argue with this.

based

not really a surprise, he typically praises albums that have made little progression from albums he loves (to be kind)

same happened with BP.

when you take into consideration a lack of progression when critiquing art, TGM would be a 7 at most

>Peace At Last

didn't even listen confirmed

>trying to hit the repetitions that theyve done on the last two albums in a different way

WHAT? he definitely hasnt heard the seer or to be kind in a while

boldfaure btfo

>The last song 'peace at last'
wew

>that strong 8 on the new nails
Yeah.

>peace at last

What did he mean by this?

Except for When will i return i completely agree with him.

I give it a strong 15/36 personally.

TGM is strong 8 to light 9 for me.

>swans have never really taken religion seriously until this record
has he not listened to children of god?

>peace at last

He clearly explains how it both manages to be something unique while culling interesting ideas from the other two albums in what we can already see is a legendary rock trilogy. Oh, and no mention of the allegations; Fantano is a cut above most other music critics right now.

>how it both manages to be something unique
saying "it does what other albums did in a more subdued and subtle manner" isn't explaining how it's different because at least half of the seer and tbk is subdued. he obviously hasn't heard either of the albums in a while and can only recall the loud parts

Ah, sorry OP; he just tweeted that it was supposed to be a .9

>Fantano is a cut above most other music critics right now.
that;s a very low bar to beat and has nothing to do with anything. you're just grasping at straws for ways to put his opinion on a pedestal and give it more credibility because he did what any sensible music critic would do

>seemed to enjoy Glowing Man more than To Be Kind
>gives Glowing Man a lower score
why

I didn't say he's great, which is clearly a signal of the dire state of music criticism given that I think he's a cut above most others. I occasionally find decent reviews on TMT or The Quietus, but both of those sites are incredibly hit or miss and often have some steaming piles of shit.

>seemed to enjoy glowing man more than to be kind
what gives you that impression? you don't even need to see his tbk review to get that he likes it more by watching this review

let me repeat myself, what does any of this have to do with what we were initially talking about?

Said it was a more cohesive record than TBK, only negative thing he really said was that the album sounded similar to previous works (since the songs evolved from tracks like Seer, Bring the Sun, etc)

I'm honestly pleasantly surprised to see tht the album isn't being spammed here like TBK was after he fanta-man reviewed it.

the seer returns*

and cohesion is not always detrimental to preferring one album over the other

He's just saying he thinks Anthony Fantano is an alright critic. If you wanted an on topic discussion you can go post a reddit about it