Have you ever noticed the people who "hate rap/country" and "love rock music" almost universally like terrible rock...

Have you ever noticed the people who "hate rap/country" and "love rock music" almost universally like terrible rock music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rpaonSDPw7Y&list=PL9dk_xtWpAkKs1-EKcvq-nKwdaaS-3czd
youtube.com/watch?v=dM5sIBIRDLQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tdyBQkBuSjs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gqD4vljHkyI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

Yeah, indie rock

yes

i dont hang out with high schoolers anymore

Congratulations on just having made this discovery.

Not so much terrible as extremely mainstream. If it's classic rock they like, it's gonna be one of ten bands. If it's modern rock they like, it's gonna be nu-metal or grunge.

I hate rap and country. Both genres are spiritually identical, i.e., it's boring, vapid music made to be bought and sold like some kind of hot commodity for stupid people who only listen to it as a fashion accessory. The only difference is, country is designed for rural culture and rap is designed for urban culture.

I love rock music, some of my favorite bands are Sonic Youth, Unwound, Husker Du, Boredoms, Ween, Iceage, Can, Bardo Pond, and Boris.

How terrible is my taste, Sup Forums?

>vapid
When was this word entered into the lexicon of the college-age sheep?

2/10
"Look guys I'm on Sup Forums since 2 weeks look how patrician I am"-core

I would suggest you call this number: 1 - 800 - 273 - 8255, and do the opposite of what they instruct

As someone who likes your favourite bands as well, I sincerely enjoy both rap and country.

Every genre has it's gems.

Kek

this thread is embarassing
sick dubs but kill yourselves

Does anyone on Sup Forums likes country?

I can agree that there's definitely some good music in every genre, but that doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of contemporary country and hip-hop (especially in the mainstream) is a cesspool of overproduced, repetitive bullshit.

Johnny Cash is the only country guy I like

rec country pls

No, they tend to like different types of rock bands because there are alot of people like that, and they aren't all the same.

>fucking meme-tier generalizations
>fucking Sup Forums

What's this number? suicide hotline i assume if it's do the opposite

Same with the majority of surface-level music of every genre.

whats her name user?
only seen this type of shit on tinder tbqh man. don't generalize

>stop making generalizations about people who are making rampant generalizations about rap and country

Well yeah, that makes sense.

People who make sweeping generalizations about genres/music as a whole are the ones who know the least about music and have the worst taste.

Truth, there's a lot of bullshit out there, and if you're willing to sift through it you can find something worth your time.

There's a lot that goes on that isn't noticed by the mainstream

I hate rap, country, rock, most of bleep and definitely metal.
It's all mind-numbing brain cancer inducing tripe.

I only like early eminem tracks with Dre and gangsta rap like DMX, I consider them my most overt guilty pleasures

kys

Why should I?

they all have queen and pink floyd in common

>shitting on Dune

Literally go on RYM and go through the highest rated albums in alt-country and contemporary country.
>Willie Nelson
>Townes Van Zandt
>Woven Hand
>Lucinda Williams
>Bruce Springsteen
>Neil Young
>Bonnie Billy
>Sixteen Horsepower
>Magnolia Electric Co.
>Waylon Jennings
>Wilco
>John Prine
>Angels of Light
If you wanna go the extra mile, bluegrass and progressive bluegrass are worth checking out as well.
>The Dillards
>Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

because you're a pretentious fuck who probably doesn't even enjoy music, you probably use it to show how "intelligent" you are

>Falling for this neo-Quentin bullshit

Embarrassing. He even put an anime girl on it for good shitposting measure.

My MENSA card says I'm reasonably intelligent.

I don't think people today are even capable of reading Dune

How many friends do you have?

>it's impossible that someone is intelligent, possesses a well refined musicological taste AND still has friends
:^)

I was just assuming with how pretentious you are...

yes congratulations op you get the very simple and obvious meme

>nigga nigga bitch nigga I had it so hard nigga you gotta get bigga like me nigga so you can fuck that bitch, don't be a snitch nigga nigga

>waaaah my ackey-breaky heart, my dog died and my wife left because I'm an abusive alcoholic, waaah

There are people actually defending these songs.

No no no you got it all wrong.
>MUH LIFTED TRUCK, MUH BEER, MUH DOG, MUH GOD, MUH JERB, YER COUNTRY, IT WON'T STOP FUCKING ME YER COUNTRY

>I've never listened to a respected hip-hop song in my life

Want me to tell you how it feels to have a social life?

Implying there isn't shitty music in every genre
Stop being a fag and listen deeper instead of flipping your radio dial

Name a few then. I enjoy music from every genre except those two. Well, not entirely true. There is some older country I like, but anything post-1960 is awful.

youtube.com/watch?v=rpaonSDPw7Y&list=PL9dk_xtWpAkKs1-EKcvq-nKwdaaS-3czd

>liking music
Jesus Christ, how do you stand these people

Rap takes no skill what so ever. Rapping fast and having decent flow is not the Only that makes a song good. Only the singer's and producers have the talent and even then most of it is mediocre at best. Its all cheap production basically the equivalent of "made in China". Cheap Shit. Granted there a lot of rappers who, song and produce their own Shit but they are far and few compared to the massive amounts of China tier rappers. I don't listen to country like at all so I have no input on it.

>implying folk/traditional/world music isn't the most patrician of all music

youtube.com/watch?v=dM5sIBIRDLQ

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tdyBQkBuSjs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gqD4vljHkyI

Tribe Called Quest
Mos Def / Black Star
Madvillan (any MF Doom really)
Quasimoto
Vince Staples

Robert Earl Keen
Old Crow Medicine Show (fuck Wagon Wheel)
Jason Isbell
Pokey La Farge
John Prine
Drive by Truckers
Hank Williams Sr.

I'm kinda blending into the Americana genre here. But "country' aside from shitty pop cunt-ry is really a blend of american folk, bluegrass and americana. Worth listening into, just don't start with mainstrain party music. You have to appreciate the roots and culture surrounding each genre