Can we just admit anyone with basic knowledge of Ableton can make the shit he's making?

Can we just admit anyone with basic knowledge of Ableton can make the shit he's making?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ZombyMusic/status/745744585087946752
plus100.bandcamp.com/album/--2
youtube.com/watch?v=3uhTwxqE4Co
youtube.com/watch?v=AAkFBQ6sIcc
youtube.com/watch?v=axFmtDfTjmE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

could you make an album full of avril 14 or alberto pls
i'll pay you

>he judges music based on how easy it would be to recreate

yes but can you be as cute as him with just ableton?

>he values artists based on whether or not they have a "sound" he hasn't heard before

if he wasn't a musician he would look like the average 30 year old at a comic convention. You can just look at this guy and tell he's spent more than his fair share of time playing minecraft

damn son you could do a powerpoint presentation with all the projection you're doing.

enjoy your technical death metal faggot.

but they didn't and he did

that's the point

no matter how difficult a work of art is to make you could always say that someone else would have been able to do it. that's why it's an outrageously stupid standard to use

try making ambient works on 1994 equipment, user. :^)

How do i use Ableton?

>OP thinks he could

i cant even write the rest of this implication, youre so fucking sad

ambient is the easiest music to make, even using analog equipment

most producers admit this

post sources, included ambient music you made

>

Good thing Selected Ambient Works I isn't really even ambient

Why does that matter? It's simply good music, and also anyone can put together bleeps and bloops, but that doesn't mean it will have soul.

Zomby: twitter.com/ZombyMusic/status/745744585087946752

My music: plus100.bandcamp.com/album/--2

youtube.com/watch?v=3uhTwxqE4Co

Uh-huh.

fuck off, shill

it's easy to make 'ambient' in name only. it is really difficult to make "good" ambient. any chucklefuck can put a pad through too much reverb and play some chords.

>zomby
>relevant source for anything

get it together man

just admit it Richard is the fucking man

it was provided by request faggot

>implying you could create a didgeridoo sound this could in ableton

youtube.com/watch?v=AAkFBQ6sIcc

show me something that isn't his worst album

>this convincing ffs

zomby worships aphex
also you still havn't posted anything close to avril 14 if it's so fucking easy

>plus100.bandcamp.com/album/--2
Samefag

fuuuucking yes this tune

Maybe you could replicate the limp and mediocre tunes he's shitting out now, but Richard at his peak? Nah, I doubt it.

.......actually not bad at all.

Just because it's fast doesn't mean it's much harder to produce desu. I wouldn't even say it's "harder", it's just more creative

thread filled with frustrated bedroom producers

yep

show me an educated opinion

lmao

I didn't say anything about it being fast. But that sounds so much like a sampled didgeridoo, and it's not

Except he's 44.

CIRKLON3 is a good tune lads t bh

eh, it's not great.

Not great sure but pretty nice otherwise. Most of the things he had on SoundCloud were average but still p good.

are you fucking retarded
ambient works 1 mostly isnt ambient music

The video is pretty cool too

yeah, sure. it's just weird that ppl are going nuts over it when it just sounds like a sub-par danny wolfers tune.

Fugg didn't know there's a vid, gotta check it out

It's made by a kid so it's kind of silly

It's your fucking problem for expecting Terry Riley and Stockhausen from a guy who makes dance music.

Aphex Twin > Memehausen

Besides you're expecting the wrong things out of Aphex, his music is all about atmosphere, texture and beats

anyone can write notes on paper...

i doubt many on Sup Forums are competent enough producers to recreate most of his songs, let alone write them in the first place.

Sup Forums is full of mediocre artists

>Aphex Twin > Memehausen

HEY GUYS APHEXPLAYSMC HERE AND TODAY WE'RE GONNA PLAY SOME MINECRAFT HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!

Stockhausen is boring, I don't listen to music to pretend to be an intellectual faggot

i can't imagine being this much of a pleb

condolences

>Stockhausen is boring

maximum pleb

If someone with basic knowledge of ableton could create the quality of sounds that are present in all his music I would literally let them shit on my chest.

>unironically using the word pleb

Nobody is impressed by what music you listen too, might as well just listen to what you actually enjoy.

>listening to music to impress other people

Real patricians listen to music for the greater good, not for themselves.

spoken like a true pleb

Never forget
youtube.com/watch?v=axFmtDfTjmE

but I do enjoy Stockhausen

listening to Cosmic Pulses while lying down under blankets with my eyes closed, the lights off, and headphones on was one of the most amazing, transcendental experiences I ever had.

by comparison, AFX is just wankery for dancing. and it's ironic that people would mock Stockhausen by calling it music for people to seem intelligent when they listen because AFX is literally one of the biggest "artists" in the genre knows as INTELLIGENT Dance Music or IDM.

Nobody takes that term seriously

then why do AFX fans say it literally all the time?

Must be idiots, Richard certainly doesn't see his music that way, nobody that matters should

The "intelligent" part refers to the "I" in A.I. since it came about from the Artificial Intelligence compilation. It's still a stupid term but it's original intention was not to mean that it was for intellectuals or anything. Of course it got misconstrued later by pretentious fans who are disdainful against club music, despite the fact that it's "IDM's" biggest influence.

Richards music is more fun and playful than pretentious though, IDM isn't even what he calls his own music, it's just a dumb label made up by autists

He's hot

>Cosmic Pulses

I'm listening to it right now, it's pretty dull like music meant to impress ebin music intellectuals and avant teens

yeah that's because you're listening to it while shitposting on Sup Forums you fucking retard

do what I did and actually listen with no distractions and immerse yourself in it. EXPERIENCE it, passive listening is one of the worst ways to hear good music.

not that user, but to be fair that piece (and many of stockhausen's works) was meant to be experienced at concert halls as it's largely concerned with spatial dynamics

>Cosmic Pulses is designed for an 8-channel sound system that surrounds the audience in a square, with 2 channels on each side and a subwoofer on every channel. Stockhausen chose 241 trajectories for sound to travel through such a system. Therefore, each loop has a specific path to travel through the system.

you're not gonna get the full effect from listening to a youtube rip on headphones.

It's a techno album, you fucking idiot.

>ambient works
>ambient

getting real plebby in here

>Zomby
Oh, that cunt. His music is fucking garbage. I really, really tried to like Where Were U in '92? b/c everyone was on his dick but it's all trend, no substance.

Aphex Twin hasn't been great in 15 years apart from The Tuss. Classic case of an artist resting on their laurels.

I thought some of syro was as impressive as some of his peak early work. At first i thought syro sounded kind of dry and messy, but that went away after a couple of listens. It doesn not have the instant 'wow' factor his progressive stuff in the 90's had for me.
There's nothing i can come up with in the world that sounds quite like 4bit api. That song is bonkers.