I've always been a Nirvana fan...

I've always been a Nirvana fan, but never understood why everyone says they were ahead of their time and how they started a revolution or whatever, but I can totally see why after watching the SLTS video. It even made me like the song again.

youtube.com/watch?v=hTWKbfoikeg

Thoughts upon rewatching?

bleach is better

in utero is even better than bleach

objectively wrong

in utero is a joke, kobain literally released it to prove how his ignorant fans will swallow any slop he released. congrats

contrarians

how had you never seen the Teen Spirit video before, especially as a Nirvana fan? it's only like the most famous music video ever

I've actually never even listened to in utero

Well you should, since, you know, it's their best by far and all.

How is the SLTS video ahead of it's time/revolutionary?
>dude teenagers moshing and shit lmao
It's just a glossy, modern version of punk videos.

bleach is better.
for my money it's the best grunge album, and the truest version of ther nirvana sound.

this

Bleach > Nevermind >>>>>>>>> In Uterus

>literally not even one post before the thread devolves into arrow filled album ranking

your all fucking shit

the video and particularly the song are ironic, but Kurdt's audience couldn't comprehend that

Teen Spirit is smarter and funnier than any other punk song

>it's just a prank bro

Which was something that hadn't been common in the mainstream since the 70's.

this is why nirvana fans get shit.
right here

>never understood why everyone says they were ahead of their time and how they started a revolution or whatever
you live in a world that has always had the internet, with access to about every possible song ever including helpful charts of where to begin and what band to listen to next
imagine the suburbs with out any of that
imagine being spoonfed pop hair metal by the one directional tv machine until you face melts into your slurpy from the summer heat
then imagine that kid hearing nirvana the first time

So it's old hat retro shit, not revolutionary.

Exactly what happened to me. And i'm from a third world country, so the shit was just pop, shitty glam and guns 'n roses on TV and radio all day everyday.

lmao. Youtube tier comment
Switch "pop hair metal" with "pop and hip hop" and Nirvana with "21 pilots"
It really shows how cringey nirvana fans are.
Things never change.

not really
even 70s glam isnt polished
the teen spirit video is polished
dont really think the criticism is valid

ok, capt smart pants
except thats what actually happened and ive never heard of 21 pilots

I've tried to like nirvana but can't, I guess it's because I was born in 1990 and heard them being heavily played on the radio for years.

Did hearing Light My Fire a million times make you dislike the Doors too?

Are you a pedophile because you're stuck in the past and don't want to face adulthood?

>even 70s glam isnt polished
As polished as the technology allowed.
videos weren't a necessary marketing tool back in the 70's so they didn't put as much effort in anyway.
But there are plenty of rock videos in the 80s, whether it be punk, hair metal, thrash, death metal, alternative, that are just a bunch of kids moshing around a band.
The only thing i can think of in the SLTS video that was original and influential was maybe the lighting of the set. Can't really give that credit to Nirvana though.

>Switch "pop hair metal" with "pop and hip hop" and Nirvana with "21 pilots"

when you put words into someone else's mouth, don't announce it

>thats what actually happened
To plebs maybe. Media's been overstating their importance since then.

It's more auto-biographical than ironic

(You)
Did hearing Light My Fire a million times make you dislike the Doors too?
I'm really a big fan of The Doors
>Are you a pedophile because you're stuck in the past and don't want to face adulthood?
I'm not a pedophile, and monties a faggot for even spreading this rumor. Seeing him reply to his owns posts like I was making them was pretty amusing.

x

eh, not really.

but they did put on great live shows. especially the 90-91 shows. songwriting wise, despite kurt's lack of proper guitar technique or music theory, he played plenty of extended chords because of how he fretted his power chords with his ring finger, this gave him a certain flavor to his chord progressions and overall melodies. he didn't theoretically know what he was doing, but he could hear it perfectly.

no one believes you're a pedophile

you're not a pedo you just love thinking and writing about children being used as sex objects is that it?

>he played plenty of extended chords
m8 what? I can only think of two songs.

It's distortion making something pretty dumb sound amazing

hey will

you have no knowledge of style or production my friend and thats ok.

i accept your apology and admission that you were wrong

>I'm not a pedophile

I've seen the Skype conversations.

You are one smug fuck m8. Cheers.

you were stalking a celebrity who looks like she's 14 years old

that alone would suggest that you're a pedophile

cheers, bb.

Lauren's 28

Maybe the school gymnasium with the cheerleaders was seen as subversive? Like, "hey kids, lets rock out and trash the school" (secretly every kid's dream). Just a thought on why this was seen as so fresh and edgy.