Thoughts on Pet Sounds?

Thoughts on Pet Sounds?

Great album. Not as good as anything the Beatles did though.

Pretty decent

Best album ever made.

Bad/10

It completely changed the way I perceived and composed music, and that was BEFORE I discovered SMiLE

Infinite respect for Brian and the boys, that album will always be dear to me

9/10

>nobody notices mike love missing
kek

My all time favorite. Smile is a close second.

GOATS

Shitty ass album

it looks better without him desu. he looked so fucking awkward and out of place

Beatles were far more consistent but Pet Sounds and Smile were better than any single Beatles album

Waste of trips

Full house.

GOAT

this

Why?

How were you able to remove Mike Love and make the background look as if he was never there?

I don't really know anything about photoshop, but whoever did this must be pretty good at it.

Someone pls explain.

that's the original album cover

Mike was photoshopped in later by Capitol Records

Please just tell me how it was done and how photoshop works.

This is sadly the case. When the group arrived at the zoo, Mike Love exclaimed "I ain't feeding no fucking animals like you pussies." and spit in Brian Wilson's face, causing his mental health to deteriorate even further.

I wish this was real and not just some teenager shitposting

It's on wikipedia you fat fuck.

Best album ever. Take Phil Spector's Wall Of Sound Idea, then make each major different part of the wall have its own melody, and you get this. I swear If the production of the whole thing was slightly more visceral, it would be undisputed as the greatest thing ever released. This is like a far more sophisticated version of Loveless and really any Beatles record outside maybe Sgt Peppers.

Not as good as Smile, or Sgt Pepper, but still enjoyable like the U.S. version of Rubber Soul.

Where do I go with Beach Boys after I've listened to Smile and Pet Sounds?

Listened to it earlier this week for the first time. Except for the hits it was absolutely boring, even with 2-3 minute long songs. Does it deserve a relisten?

Mono production ruins it.

What is the best beatles album and how is pet sounds better than it?

i haven't heard anyone ever say that pet sounds clicked for them on first listen

Surf's Up. Then you stop after that.

=.=

surfs up and sunflower

pretty good

It didn't click for me after the first leason. I listened a few more times and really started to enjoy it once I noticed the complexities and nuances of the arrangements and production.