Also, autechre thread

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/vol6/autechre.html#incu
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw quaristice finally clicked in
its so fucking great

I love bnc Castl though

What do you guys think is the weakest LP?
For me, it's Quaristice

LP5.

I always liked bnc Castl because it has a weird feeling to it, so there's never a moment of quiet or silence until they intentionally add it in, and it just feels strange

It sounds like a freezing drum machine.

of the ones ive listened to, incanabula

I love bnc Castl cos it's always refreshing to hear Boothy and Browny having a laugh imo

Incunabula, a few good tracks but mostly pretty boring.
Or elseq 2 (not an LP but whatever)

idk why bnc castl is the most dissed track on quaristice considering theswere is 10x worse.

Where do I start with autechre? does anyone has chart.

I love bnc Castl and Quaristice is easily one of my favourite Autechre albums.

If you hate on any of the "cool to hate" Autechre tracks such as melve, bnc cast, Fermium you are pathetic.

>the Plc
>IO
>Plyphon
>Simmm

bouncy castle is a silly track name

disgusting

Lego Feet, Cavity Job, Incunabula, Basscadet, Anti EP, Amber

Chronological is the way to go. If eases you into some of the more experimental stuff, and you can hear the changes in style overtime.

Agreed. Melve, Fermium and bnc Castle are all great.

That and Notwo

Amber, Tri Repetae, Chiastic Slide

Quaristice is my favorite. Love the whole album from beginning to end, plus all the extra material. Y'all need to smoke some weed and have another listen.

wew lad

I love Theswere and Notwo

>no one mentioning SonDEremawe

Post any number of your favourite Autechre tracks

>Goz Quarter
>Second Scepe
>Clipper
>Pen Expers
>Ccec
>Krib
>Pro Radii

>elyc6 0nset
Seriously what were they thinking

lets ride

>Pro Radii
>Lentic Catachresis
>Eidetic Casein
>VI Scose Poise
>Ipecial Section
>LCC
>Sublimit
>Cipater
>Calbruc
>Tewe
>Stud
>Leterel
>Rsdio
>Bike
>Yeesland
>Rae
>Acroyear2
>Drane2
>Xylin Room
>Simmm
>Outh9X
>Treale
>Pendulu hv moda
>c16 deep tread

Long list, but they're all amazing. Keep in mind I haven't listened to Exai or Elseq 2-5

ultimate brain melter 2bh

Nice list man .. I love all of those.

>Lentic Catachresis
>LCC
>Simmm
>Pro Radii

fkn madness

Why have you heard Elseq 1 but not Exai? Just wondering. I am yet to hear Elseq 3-5, been saving it for summer because I've been busy.

I listened to Elseq 1 a few times and I fucking love it

Feed1 motherfuckers!! RAH

>play my friend elyc6 onset
>"my brain hurts"

I think he's starting to get it

I dunno. I guess I start Exai and its length overwhelms me so I turn it off. Elseq is broken into chunks so it's a bit easier. Besides, I really take my time with Autechre.

>shig

No real order:
Eggshell
Piezo
Yulquen
Vletrmx21
Eutow
C/Pach
Second Scepe
Rettic Ac
Pule
Yeesland
Rae
Dropp
VI Scose Poise
Bine
Gelk
Gantz Graf
Surripere
Reniform Puls
Pro Radii
Sublimit
Simmm
rale
Ilanders
redfall
M62
irlite (get 0)
vekoS
elyc6 0nset
foldfree casual
latentcall
freulaeux

I know this is a bad opinion, but Tri Repetae is my least favorite. For me the first three tracks are great, but every other track after that just sounds like some version of one of the first three tracks, they all use one of the production tricks in the first three tracks. Boring album IMO and maybe the worst Autechre.

Isn't Exai like the shortest Autechre album?

>2 hours
>shortest
wew

Their shortest is I think Draft 7.30, unless you count each elseq seperately.

freulaeux is so qt n__n

i'm serious, even though it's not it's own lp elseq 5 might be one of my fav ae releases

Me too. I wish we had something more like it in place of elseq 2. Spaces how V should've been the longest track.

t.bh i wouldn't sacrifice elseq 2 even if only for elyc6 0nset which is a straight banger imo

Yeah, ia. Though the other tracks on elseq 2 are reminiscent of L-event (which I hated at first) and like that release I can see those tracks growing on me eventually.

I'm sorry but there is nothing redeemable about Melve

When are Rob and Sean gonna merge into one person?

they haven't already?

I'm listening to them chronologically and got to LP5 and would have to agree. Every track is good in its own right but the whole thing lacks direction and coherency.

Absolutely love Acroyear2 though.

Skip everything up until Chiastic Slide, I guess. Their first albums just suck balls. Chiastic Slide and LP5 give you a good taste of what they do, everything newer gives you a taste of what they can do. Just work your way up, don't forget about their EPs though.

Don't be a pussy and just start listening to Exai, which is also divided into two parts, at least that's what they had to do for the CDs.

I get you because Tri Rep was my least favorite for a very long time - it just felt very dry to me and oppressively repetitive. It "clicked" not too long ago though I'm not exactly sure why. I just started to view it through the lens of a slightly fucked hip-hop album and it sort of made sense then.

don't listen to everyone else
here is the real order:

Incunabula --> Oversteps --> Tri Repetae --> LP5 --> Chiastic Slide --> Quaristice --> Untilted --> Confield --> Exai -->

EP Order:

Peel Session 1 and 2 --> Cichlisuite --> EP7 --> Move of Ten --> whatever else after

IF you listen in chronological order as others are suggesting, you will get bored. If you want to listen to "Amber" to get you started whatever, it's pretty casual sounding. It might help get your feet wet though

latent quarter is by far their worst song

>Skip everything up until Chiastic Slide, I guess. Their first albums just suck balls.
WHAT
TRI REPETAE 10/10

Well, PIERO SCARUFFI begs to differ.

scaruffi.com/vol6/autechre.html#incu

Why does everyone hate elseq2. Imo it's the best, Elyc6 is such an amazing experience to dissappear into and it's followed by two dirty jams. To me elseq3 is the only weak point of the 5

but...eastre....and chex cereal....

I do not understand how anyone could think that incunabula is weaker than amber.

i'm listening to them chronologically, here're my thoughts so far

incunabula - pretty good, no real standouts or bad tracks, enjoyable
amber - nice
tri repetae - my favorite so far. c/pach and rsdio are a bit eh though.
chiastic slide - it's okay. interesting.
lp5 - nice

should i keep going through their discog, or am i too much of a pleb?

keep going. confield is next and it's interesting. it's just starting to get good and different where you're at.

Confield will determine that.

why is confield so praised? I don't get it. It's good, I enjoy it. I see everyone losing their mind over it like it's the greatest thing ever though.

Pop in Quaristice after hitting up ep7.

I don't care for it myself. I imagine it was better fresh. I spoiled myself listening to their later work first.

It doesn't sound dated at all to me 2bh

Incunabula has higher highs but Amber is more consistent.

listen to ep7, its basically an album

I think Incunabula has higher highs AND it's more consistent

>people only hate melve, bnc castl, Fermium because it's "cool to hate"
nah, people hate them because they're bad tracks.

lads is there something wrong with me if I'm crushing on rob

there's something wrong with you if you're not crushing on rob

>everyone hates elseq2
>it has c7b2 on it

what do you lads think of c7b2? it's one of my favourites but no one seems to say anything about it

I like the weird frenetic energy of that track desu.

post the spookiest ae tracks:
>Outh9x

A little note on IDM and related genres..
Why do people get sucked into the "this is the greatest thing I've ever heard" when they hear a non-meme song? IDM sucks in all of the pretentious cunts who force themselves to appreciate it. Is it so they can feel superior to listeners of 'easy' music? I personally don't like most of Autechre's songs. The discussion here is generally good and talks about the but just look at this fucking youtube comment.

That's youtube for ya, mate. Always gonna find the most chin stroke-y fucks there.

At the end of the day it's just hip-hop, innit?

>Skip everything up until Chiastic Slide, I guess. Their first albums just suck balls
How to spot a pseudo-intellectual pleb: the post.

This. I love their later work but to discount the early material is just comical imo. Pretty much the perfect post-club / comedown albums.

it's one of those tracks where I really like it while listening, but I forget what it sounds like a few minutes later.

still need to get more familiar with it I guess

why didn't fatnano review elseq?

i wonder if he realised he just doesn't get it and would be laughed at if he did try to talk about it

if that comment is a description of bladelores then it actually seems pretty accurate, not pretentious at all; what's wrong with? granted,
"electronic demon snickering" is a bit much but it's pretty well known that there's something about Ae's tunes that make them pretty visually/spatially evocative

don't listen to him too. just listen in whatever order you want.

Lol no m8, you just can't think for yourself. I'm sorry you can't comprehend their place on their respective albums, I'm not going to explain it to you, might I suggest you listen to the albums in full. Loud.

If not, move on as you don't "get it", we won't miss you. But unless you have a track of your own for us to compare, you don't get to call them "bad". What is a "bad" track?

>LP5 without Melve
>Untitled without Fermium
>Quaristice without bnc Castle

baka desu senpaitachi fucking plebs

>doesn't like haunting hip hop
>that beat drop

lush picks

>Gelk
>Dropp
>Eggshell
>444
>redfall
>vekoS

Anyone in here seeing Autechre at the Southbank Centre in November?

>c/pach and rsdio are a bit eh though.

wew

However I don't see any reason why you shouldn't keep going

Hey, C/Pach and Radio weren't my favourites when I first started listening to Tri Repetae. Don't worry they will open up for you.

Is there any hip-hop inspired stuff on the new album?

I like autechre, but i can't be assed to listen through 4 hours to find the best bits.

>can't be bothered to wait until the 2nd track

How is Maphive6.1 so perfect lads?

This is a mixtape I made for a friend that covers most of their LP's. Just personal favs.

Autechre - [Incunabula #01] Lowride
Autechre - [Basscad EP #02] Bcdtmx
Autechre - [Amber #03] Montreal
Autechre - [Tri Repetae++ #04] Clipper
Autechre - [Tri Repetae++ #05] Second Bad Vilbel
Autechre - [Envane #06] Laughing Quarter
Autechre - [Peel Session #07] Drane
Autechre - [Confield #08] Cfern
Autechre - [Quaristice #09] Rale
Autechre - [? #10] 6852

He's a qt desu

What's the best track off of elseq and why is it curvcaten?

I really wish they'd do more like it.

My favourite from what I've heard right now (1-2) is Feed1 but they're all so great i can't wait to dive into Elseq

the three tracks that follow maphive are also top notch

I think acdwn2 has a really good hip hop ish beat

you deserve nothing but pain

ni nah ni nah du do do du

not even the best track off 1 desu

What was the piece of equipment that Rob made that whole track on? Does anyone remember?

>mesh cinereaL @7:00

roland pma-5
how do you know it's rob?

Ah thanks. I could have sworn that he said or implied something about him making it in the AAA but I'm probably misremembering. It's been a long time since I read it.

>13x0 step at 0:51

i lost a lot of respect for these guys after the insane pricing of elseq, ngl

Huh, imo the only weak spots on Amber are Silverside and Glitch - the former because of those cheesy and dated Juno strings and the latter by just being a bit forgettable.

Eh, I agree on Silverside but Glitch has been growing on me lately. Love the low-key quiet ambience and pads creeping into the background, kind of like a prelude to what Piezo does.

Yeah, although it hasn't quite made an impression on me (yet) it is - along with Piezo - a pretty important track on that album as it does foreshadow the more "awkward" and off-kilter rhythms that they'd later go on to play with in depth.

idm is already easy music