youtube.com/watch?v=F6G1QAJ6ntk
youtube.com/watch?v=rrwql_Dfc4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>either thoroughly composed, philosophical experimental rock
>or buttindie
hm

that's like asking "which of these 2 shits stinks the less ?"

I love Aesthetica too but there's no need to be rude to Sunbather boldy

>experimental, innovative progressive black metal versus generic black metal post-rock shoegaze which has been done plenty of times before

both are great
but i prefer aesthethica, because it's a more enjoyable listen

Aesthethica is a lot more unique and fun to hand-drum along to, Sunbather to me is "the musical equivalent of swallowing sunscreen" -rym comment box said it pretty well
to be fair i love all the interludes on Sunbather, which i couldn't say about the former

Aesthethica is a much more rewarding listen but Sunbather is so immediate and uplifting. This is a very difficult question.

>Aesthethica is a much more rewarding listen

>Aesthethica is a lot more unique and fun to hand-drum along to

>thoroughly composed, philosophical experimental rock

is this b8?

Aesthetica still sounds fresh today.
sunbather got old real fast.

Aesthethica for sure. One of the most underrated releases of this decade. It's ok to not like it but hating it just because its not ''muh kvlt'' or not ''evil'' enough is fucking retarded.

FUCK OFF

Just because someone likes something you don't doesnt make it bait.

no, it's a great album
yeah, but who actually does that

>either thoroughly composed, philosophical experimental rock
What a pleb. Cringe. Eww.

go on rym. all the darkthrone and burzum dick-riders like to shit on it for retarded reasons.

you guys realize sunbather was one of the first albums that did that right? the reson it sound bland is because its been copied so much times

>OMG A BLACKGAZE ALBUM WITH A PINK ARTWORK
> SO EDGY
> ACCLAIMED BY HIPSTERS WHO NEVER LISTEN METAL IN THEIR LIVES

USA is like the king Midas of shit. Touches black metal and turned it to shit

Alcest did it first back in 2005 you fucking pleb

This. Only correct answer in this thread.

I prefer Aesthethica desu, but it's not as consistent as Sunbather

krallice, agalloch, panopticon, kayo dot

also you can go to every single Liturgy video on YouTube and just cringe at the kvltness of the comments section

>hipster metal
>good
Retard

>muh scandinavian black metal

stay pleb with your stale tremolo picking senpai

I like Sunbather a lot but i like the agression and how crazy Aesthetica is a lot more

The thing is, not only scandinavian black is good, there are many great bands all over the world, but why American black sounds so shitty?

Écailles De Lune was made in 2010 brah

I really don't see how Aesthethica is "hipster". It's not as nearly as accessible as Sunbather, nor it has a huge amount of retarded fans like PewDiePie, indieheads or tumblrinas.

Both are hipster shit, but Liturgy is amusing. while Deafheaven are boring atmoshit

>that slowed down guitar part in Escailles De Lune part 1

Jesus, feels everytime

Only hipsters love that. Very simple.

Or you can cringe at HHH acting autistic

But they arent even atmoshit. Atmoshit is what bands like Cult of Luna or Tempel make. Deafheaven is post rock with black metal influences

Holy fuck how embarrassing

college freshman tier crap

Find me a better experimental rock song from this decade that isn't also by Liturgy: youtube.com/watch?v=HV00_B3ZirQ

>blackgaze is not atmoshit
Retard alert

And bands like Cult of Luna or Tempel make actually good atmoshit

those just copy-paste the scandinavian style of black metal, not saying that it is bad, but I like it when my black metal is a bit progressive or comes up with new ideas, which is what the American black has been doing for nearly two decades.

But user , blackgaze isnt atmoshit

you mean avant-teens? we may agree on that one

Anything that isn't shitty thrash recorded on an answering machine is now atmoshit according to /metal/9

youtube.com/watch?v=UJ6LguUL-e8

this pretentious faggot is your guy? really?
even his bandmates seem sick of his shit

I realize that, but sunbather populerized it

fuck off hes a qt pie

both are trash

>Liturgy fans will defend this

youtube.com/watch?v=0HTajp3sGww

Kek

>even his bandmates seem sick of his shit
The historic divides in Liturgy stem, in large part, from the force of Hunt-Hendrix’s ideas, not their content. Every member recognizes that the theories of his manifesto and the hubbub that ensued worked both ways for the band, generating attention and notice while harboring negativity and personal attacks. But no one disagrees vehemently with the ideas themselves, if they have an opinion on them at all. Instead, the conflict came from the way they crowded out discourse about the actual music, as if Hunt-Hendrix were an intellectual frontman who had simply built some heavy metal automaton.

Retarded

>I realize that
You clearly didn't, otherwise you wouldn't have claimed there weren't several albums which did blackgaze before deafheaven. I like the record but it's nothing unique.

kek

Sunbather is babbies first "metal" record

Fun fact: when studying music theory, there was an extra credit assignment for finding examples of certain techniques or qualities in the music (chords, functions, etc.).

One of them was a 7-6 sequence, and I used this as an example: youtube.com/watch?v=Y1jkUJ4IMUM

This

both are absolutely terrible but aesthetica is the lesser shit

Both are great but Sunbather is better.

I don't hate sunbather and I think you mean revived it. which is true
but for longevity I personally comeback to Aesthetica than sunbather.
It's an hell of a album that hopefully when people get over Triple H's autism realize how good it is

I love Liturgy but this is some of the most autistic shit I've ever seen, also watch out for benis at 31:45

vimeo.com/24858799

Are there any other Trancendental Black Metal bands besides Liturgy?

Gojira featuring Bjorn "Speed" strid

Krallice, Yellow Eyes

What does any of those have to do with the album aesthethica
You know the album is great which is why you're using other sources to try and discredit it

this is good retard

he achieves a melismatic and annealing effect which is impressive given the dearth of musical resources

*transcendental*

Krallice is basically Technical Black Metal, they don't even play burst-beats senpai

ark work, fags.

The whole album concept is pretentious hogwash that is awfully executed

lol

this is awesome

>experimental blackened trap with midi trumpets
No thanks

dude, are you the guy who runs the Hipster Black Metal channel? you have a big crush on HHH don't you

>xasthur, velvet cacoon, skagos

What the fuck is burst-beat? Can't differentiate with blast beat.

define pretentious please.
atm you come as somebody who tried to understand the album but failed. and have resorted to cheap shots to save your "intelligence"

It's an great album

Advaita

>acting autistic
just because you don't understand what he's saying

>>either thoroughly composed, philosophical experimental rock
that's a long name for "bad pretentious darkthrone ripoff"

That guy is almost as cringeworthy as HHH

>define pretentious
Liturgy

He has legit autism, he can barely speak

Pls. They dont even sound anything like Darkthrone

Liturgy

>lol

excellent argument, troglodyte

>>define pretentious
>Liturgy

lol

this is acutally good

this is Liturgy's best release plebs
youtube.com/watch?v=F6G1QAJ6ntk

According to the drummer of Liturgy "I play a blast beat that incorporates the Moeller technique".

it's basically that, it's like a blastbeat that is pretty technical, it changes BPM constantly

i don't think it's necessary to listen to much of a certain genre just to deduce whether a singe album that is in that genre is good or not

burst beats are solar

blast beats are lunar

what is so difficult to understand

it's basically lolicore

they sound like a bad darkthrone ripoff, not like darkthrone

>it changes BPM constantly
that's called being a bad drummer, it's not an actual technique

no, this is
youtube.com/watch?v=rrwql_Dfc4s

what a pleb statement

despite their nihilistic edgy image peste noire's first record and the self titled are pretty transcendental: tempo-changes, major chords, clean chantings

>that is called being a bad drummer
holy shit, what a fucking ignorant, do yourself a favor and look for the drummer playing the burstbeat live

>that's called being a bad drummer, it's not an actual technique
you have absolutely no idea of what a tempo change is dude burst beat is basically a blast beat with accelerandos

>calls Liturgy "bad darkthrone ripoff"
>posts a link to the generic run-of-the-mill brutal death metal band Liturgy

with such an awful taste I suggest to kys

M8 youre a fag.

Both are shit, and a testament to the death of black metal.

>liturgy defense force jumps in as soon as their shitty band gets any kind of disapproval
not my fault your drummer can't blast beat at a regular tempo

Its not dissaproval, its just you being an autist m8