mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/msg/5653113516.html
clyp.it/qavbyd55
youtube.com/watch?v=pfBd7J75L9c
clyp.it/1xpp425i
vocaroo.com/i/s0Bobd4crR6q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Houston pawnshop doesn't know what they have. Its an old US Kramer XL24 aluminum neck bass:

houston.craigslist.org/msg/5653113516.html

If any Houstonbros want it, you'd better hurry. I already posted the link on TalkBass because there are less faggots there.

>tfw I always browse Craigslist and find things I want but know I would never really use

Browsing craigslist out of habit is how you find good deals.

Scott Grove had a guide for how to browse for good deals, wait until near the end of the month and people will pawn anything off for nothing.

clyp.it/qavbyd55

>tfw always fucking up when recording

tips for this feel?

Don't be shit?

Quick Question, why do you use the gear you use? What brands of stuff do you like and why?

I bought an or100 head because I love swans and Boris.

IS THIS THE PROPER ORDER OF TURNING THIS ON?

>plug in the power
>leave it on "standby" for 1 minute
>flip from "standby" to full or half
>turn power switch to "ON"

AND TURNING OFF?
>turn power switch to "Off"
>move output from full/half to "Standby"
>unplug amp

That's weird, most pawn shops at least google the shit they get in.

Ever heard of Offerup? I got an all solid wood acoustic for $100 and a nice Sony Trinitron for retro vidya

Please tell me your kidding

The switch should always be on standby when it's off, flick the on switch and leave it on for a minute then switch to full or half

To turn off switch to standby and then off

No need to let it warm up for a minute, the heaters normally don't take more than around 8-15 seconds depending on the amp design. Other than that yes.

Also MAKE SURE you have it plugged into a speaker load. Running a tube amp sans load will blow the transformers.

MIJ fenders because weeb + really like the price/performance of the guitars

Ernie ball strings because i've been using them since i started

So this guy says
>Plug in, Power ON, wait, then flip Standby to Full

But then this guy says
>
>Plug in, wait, flip Standby to Full, then Power ON

who is right

Oh lord the description says it's a custom bass from Badass simply because it has a Badass Bridge. That's gold

Think about it

Why would changing it from standby to full with the power off do anything?

When you flip the switch to turn it on it should be on standby to let the tubes warm up, then when they're ready flip from standby to full/half

Standbys do dick unless you flick it like a tremolo to try to wreck your power supply or leave your amp running on SB for days to burn out your tubes.

When the amp is warming up your signal won't pass the preamp tubes. Full 500v supply and a few volts from the grids aren't going to strip the oxide layer off your tube cathodes.

Oh my bad didn't read your post carefully. Flip it on while the switch is still in standby, then flip the standby switch.

thanks brothers

I use a Fender P bass since I tried the other options I considered (Jazz and a Ric) and it felt the most right to me. I use an SVT since that was the amp that gave me the tone I was after and consistently sounds great. I use D'addario strings since they tend to have a great sound to me and have a good lifespan. Lastly Dunlop Green Picks since I used Blues and they were too thick, switched to Green and it's been perfect (tried the yellows once, no good)

I buy rondo guitars because I know what I'm getting and how to fix it. I use D'Addario strings because they've lasted me the longest between a few brands(for guitar) and because nobody makes a set as versatile as chromes for bass.

I don't really have a commitment to these brands, but I'm not even decided a bit on what amps I like. I'm fed up with ampeg, the amps have no versatility at all.

Chromes aren't that versatile. They start out very bright and mellow with age.

Hi /gg/.
I've been playing guitar for a few years, with a pretty horrid acoustic and a fake strat.

I'm looking to get a decent electric that is somewhat versatile because I don't have a particular style I want to play more than another. I'm in Australia and I've been looking at the following:
- Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
- Epiphone Les Paul Pro
- Squier Classic Vibes 50s Strat & Tele
- Yamaha Revstar 420 series

I'd get something better however guitars made in the US are generally a lot more expensive here. I don't know anything, enlighten me please. Very difficult to choose between the above models, make some suggestions or call me an idiot. Any brand or model suggestions would be good. I'm verging on an intermediate player. Thank you

Also, I've looked at international shipping with sites like sweetwater and it looks alright, however I'm wary, having had no experience.

The Gretsch by far

Why?

I have fun with my schectar had it for years, sounds wonderful and is decently cheap. [spoiler] and I don't play metal [/spoiler]

Gretsch's are the coolest guitar.

If you want versatility, you want a guitar with more than one kind of pickup.

What decides your guitar's playability is mostly the fretwork. If you can't find a guitar with good fretwork for a decent price near you, you can just get a guitar with good features and have a local luthier fix up the frets.

Made in america guitars are nothing special. Don't worry about the country of origin, just try to find something most people online agree is a good product. Don't look at reviews on amazon or online articles. Read reviews on forums like thegearpage, gearslutz, guitarnutz, tdpri, etc.

I don't know much about schectar, only seen a few glimpses but I'll look into them
Gretsch are the prettiest to me, I like the sound they produce but I just want to weigh my options as this is a big choice to me. Can you mention any specific models?
I'm looking at the G5421, G5441T & G5435T at the moment

My tele

Nice, any other gear you got? Also what kind of music do you play?

You're a weird guy. What's with the pins?

I've got a Vox modeling amp, and an epiphone hummingbird pro, I've got an old Kent hollowbody on layaway at a local pawnshop. I play garage rock I suppose, I usually just write songs based on other artists style and make it sound like my own. Right now my band is basically just me, so until I can round up some new members I've just been taking a break from music.

Well, the dogs are just goofy, same with the lizards, but I really like The Velvet Underground and Radiohead. Hence the Lou pin and Thom pin.

Did anybody go to the vocal production workshop at ex'pression college today?

>did my first public performance today

fuck me that was one of the most nerve-wracking moments of my life, i must've made so many mistakes

anyone else have this feel?

Been trying to crack The Angelic Process' tone for awhile now. I think I'm finally getting the ground work.

youtube.com/watch?v=pfBd7J75L9c

clyp.it/1xpp425i

I get nervous playing in front of someone I never met.

Although, I did buy a guitar recently from someone and played pretty good on 3 hours of sleep and lots of coffee.

I've done it a few times, you get used to it, but it still is always nerve wrecking.

been doing piano for 4 years
started double bass this year
pretty fucking nice instrument if you ask me

I'm buying a Squier VM Jazzmasters this week. Are GFS pickups (JM90 I think, "vintage", ~8K) a worthwhile upgrade from the stock pickups? Or should I just save up for Duncan's/Dollars/etc? Considering that pickups are just magnets/wire I feel like there has to be meme snake oil in play here beyond a point.

*Lollars

It should get easier the more you do it.
Being super-prepared will help with nerves.

Bass is a fine instrument, user.

Damn son, that yours?

thinking of getting the squier classic vibes tele because of all the rave reviews, is there anything bad about it?

They're extremely heavy

It costs money and has a shitty bridge design.

i only heard about them being extremely light considering it's made out of pine

The two they have at my local guitar center weigh a fuckton but maybe they were mislabelled?

I didn't do my first performance until I was 23. I was only able to do it because it was just bass notes while other people played more complex stuff. Also liquid courage.
I feel more confident on little sleep as well. It's like I'm too tired to get nervous.

That guitar fucking blows. I try to warn people about it and no one listens to me

It's just a regular 3 saddle tele bridge. I prefer a 6 saddle, it's obviously better. But the I wouldn't call the 3 saddle a shitty design by far.

What blows about it? I've only played one briefly at a store unplugged.

I had it as my main electric for over a year. Did pretty much every recommended upgrade except new pickups. I replaced the bridge, set it up for heavy strings, and shimmed the neck.
Still, it had bad sustain and sounded darker and just worse than all my other single coil guitars. Didn't stay in tune at all. HEAVY as all fuck.
The body shape is comfy though for sitting down.
I have the parts still lying around, I am gonna make it a jazzblaster eventually.

I'll make sure to plug it in when I go meet the guy. He put at Staytrem bridge on it so I'll try to see how well it stays in tune.

If you have tuning problems, it'll be because of the nut. The guitar ships with 9s but Jazzmasters need the tension of at least 11s. Since the nut is cut for 9s though, big strings get caught in the smaller slots. So you might need a new one

I plan on using 10-52. Will that cause problems?

You're probably fine. Once you have it for a while you'll be able to tell what it needs or if you like it.

thanks geegee

It's shitty insomuch as it's pretty much the worst thing you can buy on the market, but I guess if your criteria isn't "does it work as well as a walmart guitar" then no, I guess it isn't shitty.

gfs pickups are great.

10s are fine on jazzmasters, it's really the jaguar that needs the .11s due to the shorter scale length.

Fender Stevie Ray Vaughan Signature Series Stratocaster

ranch

What is the safest guitar to buy for an intermediate player? All these guitars I see look nice but I feel like I will regret not just buying a strat standar

The safest is probably a strat, there are no sharp edges or anything to cut yourself on.

It gets easier the more you do it. You'll always be a little nervous before going onstage, that'll never go away but it'll become useful. Those butterflies will turn into energy and then you'll be fucking pumped to get onstage.

If you're worried about versatility, a HSS MIM Strat is a probably the best intersection of being a safer normie guitar and having options tonally. Also they're really cheap used.

I just messaged the owner and let him know what kind of guitar it is, and what they usually go for. Don't expect any deals on it

Why would you do that, Pawn Shops are scummy as fuck, they probably gave the guy who pawned it in $25 for it.

I want to get a fairly cheap Jazzmaster which can be noisy and I can possibly use as a prepared guitar. I like Dinosaur Jr, Sonic Youth etc etc (surprise surprise)

What is recommended?

I don't know what the FUCK these guys are talking about, I have the exact same head and I have it plugged in 24/7, its set on output full all the time, all I do is flip the power switch and wait a few seconds. nothing has ever happened to my amp, these guys are full of shit and probably don't even use the same head.

because fuck people from houston

You're gonna look lame as fuck bruh. Everyone in the prepared guitar community is using hollowbodies now.

If you still insist, buy a used Squier VIntage Modified Jazzmaster and a Staytrem bridge (the stock one is useless) It's a decent guitar but only if you change the bridge.

I don't have any problems with mine, but then again i haven't changed anything.
I use i as a sort of second guitar and i'm really impressed with what you get for the price.

Can only recommend it, honestly.

The worst thing on the market? What are you talking about nigga?

I already have a hollowbody, that's why

>worrying about fitting in with the rattling spoons on guitar strings crowd

yikes

It was a joke, but be warned that people do pass judgement on Jazzmasters since they're so trendy with the indie crowd. tbqh I always roll my eyes when I see some douche play "experimental guitar" on a jazzmaster and a shit ton of pedals, it's almost always shit. Youtube demo-core.

I only know one guy that regularly plays a jazzmaster that can actually play.

>Rosewood Fretboard

>literally raping the world's rainforests because muh tonewood

Gibson deserved the raid

>Fretboard

not muh tonewood, I just don't like the look of it, Id rather have maple, or ebonics

Kevin Shield and J Mascis are to blame.

It's a really nice guitar though.

classic mistake

I really wish Ebony-American was more common. Rosewood looks kinda fecal.

sounds like it needs more reverb. Pretty good though

Yeah, that's mine - it's a beast.

>Rondo guitars
Fucking THIS. Rondo is the absolute shit. Dirt cheap guitars and basses that sound good and play excellent with minimal teching. Speaking of which...

My question for y'all is that I bought a seven-string baritone with a 27 in scale and I want to tune it to Drop G#; I bought a 0.90 string, will that be too heavy? When I buy strings, I tend to make sure each string has approximately the same tension, so for this guitar I did each string for about 32 lbs of tension. According to D'addario's calculator, the total tension of the stock set was about 230 lbs total in standard (BEADGBE), and that's about 32*7.

Would my guitar explode with this setup? (Pic is stock photo of my model, Douglas Hadron 727)

Basically the fedora of plucked string instruments

I have a prs SE with whatever stock pickups those guitars have

if anyone has played one of these guitars, what would you say about the pickups? are they worth replacing? With what? Would it make the kind of difference that is immediately noticable or improved?

I have only heard good things about those guitars.

>Rondo is absolute shit

Fixed that for you. Literally the worst pieces of shit you can buy.

Is it ok if I'll post some riffs (read: composition prototype) recorded through cellphone (the sound is not too bad IMO)? Any thoughts?
vocaroo.com/i/s0Bobd4crR6q
What the genre you'd call it?

hello reԁԁit

If you don't know whether you need new pickups or not there's not really any point in changing.

Best cheap acoustic guitar

Is it possible to replace Dimarzio X2N on Fender Strat Pickup Pearly Gates Humbucker on my BC Rich? How it will affect sound? Will it make it less "death metal" and more 70s hard rock?

?

seconding this, or what I should look for in an acoustic, want to pick on up to start playing fingerpicking blues.

As a guy who's never really listened to old school heavy metal, it sounds kind of like old school heavy metal

Kinda speed metal-y if you sped up the playing just a touch