Do you guys like TWIABP? They recently came out with this, and wondered your thoughts on it

Do you guys like TWIABP? They recently came out with this, and wondered your thoughts on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PKzuIjnDJyY
youtube.com/watch?v=RG2FFpI5K3s
youtube.com/watch?v=WpkVtzfZ0Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=s6LlQHxT-To
youtube.com/watch?v=6HIy9vAX7YM
youtube.com/watch?v=g3MehtgiKnY
youtube.com/watch?v=pDB-8o1s7Ds
youtube.com/watch?v=y413Vk9FzY0
youtube.com/watch?v=NBuM2Mx6dkU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samiam_(album)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cap'n jazz basically started and finished emo and everything since then has just been trying to recapture that magic

Harmlessness is good

Wtf is this shit

They're one of very few times I've actually stopped listening to a band because of how faggy they are. The tranny thing was the last straw, then the last thing I remember before I unfollowed them on social media was them shilling a Topshelf compilation album to benefit the "Ferguson victims of police brutality"

I heard their second album was ehh so I don't feel bad

what?

>The tranny thing was the last straw
???

what?

youtube.com/watch?v=PKzuIjnDJyY
Released May 1982
Recorded February 1982

youtube.com/watch?v=RG2FFpI5K3s
Released 1995
Recorded December 27-31, 1994

youtube.com/watch?v=WpkVtzfZ0Ug
Until the Eagle Grins (Dischord Records CD/LP, 1996)

Explain what part of the post is unclear when you say something like "what?" in order to save both of us valuable time.

This. So much this.

what?.

what?

Not that guy but if I remember correctly the fat guy became a tranny and they started posting IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH IT THEN FUCK YOU stuff, then they started banning people and deleting comments (not even people who insulted him for being a tranny, but people who took issue with their telling people to go fuck themselves). Then during an AMA on tumblr people started asking about the trans guy (legitimate questions, stuff about gender identity and stuff) and they would go off and tell them to kill themselves and never listen to their music again. It was ridiculous, I can take bands being leftists but shit like that is just immature.

same user.

Husker Du doesn't have the feel of emo, neither does Rites of Spring to some effect. Like it's more aggressive than introspective, same with that other song.

haha nice meme so epic

youtube.com/watch?v=s6LlQHxT-To
Released:

youtube.com/watch?v=6HIy9vAX7YM
Released:

Love Harmlessness. Has a few weak tracks, but a number of strong ones, too.

the thing about TWIABP is that you never really know when they're being serious or not.
if i remember they quickly stopped that shit

if you take the internet this seriously then i feel sorry for you

you are retarded

thanks tumblr :D

That applies to stuff like changing their name to WR (I still have a WR shirt, kek) and bantering with people in the comments.
This was just full-on SJW shit-spewing, which isn't funny even if they're being ironic.

>Husker Du doesn't have the feel of post-emo, neither does Rites of Spring to some effect. Like it's more aggressive than introspective, same with that other song.
ftfy

literally none of those posts were tumblr you idiot

nice response

i bet you have no other counterargument aside from your shitty memes no one cares about or finds funny

I don't get it. Is it the book or just an album cover?

it just sounds like regular hardcore but more high pitched tho how u gonna make a new genre for that
will we call choking victim emo?

>cap'n jazz basically started emo
Don't tell all of those bands that were in DC almost a decade prior.

thanks tumblr :D

>regular hardcore
youtube.com/watch?v=g3MehtgiKnY

>TWIABP
Sorry, I don't speak acronym

someone explain what i'm looking at

yeah lads this is just hardcore
it's not what can be called emo rly

quality trips

it was for an april fools thing. they put joke items on their site that are like a one day only thing

thanks for being a useless fuck OP

>this is just hardcore
I know thats why I posted it.

go listen to Rites of Spring and Dag Nasty you fckn britbong

The term emo was invented for the sole purpose of describing those bands. Is this some sort of decent attempt at bait?

fuck off

ok sorry for not understanding

I have no idea what anything in this thread means.

yeah i agree i feel like Derrick can get carried away but i mean i dont blame him if trans bashing people are fucking with him like they mayve his whole life. regardless, theyre my favorite revival band next to snowing

>and Dag Nasty you fckn britbong
I assume you've heard the Shawn Brown demos?

youtube.com/watch?v=pDB-8o1s7Ds

those bands are p emotive they're more emotive hardcore cap'n jazz invented straight emo
that;s just argument from antiquity tho

>cap'n jazz is post-emo
ftfy

i dont think i have thanks user.

really sad i missed their live show in DC a few months back because it sold out. absolute local legends

there's no such thing as post-anything it's a term used by pseuds

Sunny Day Real Estate invented straight emo. Cap n jazz was considered a hardcore/emocore band back in the day just like those in DC

but i don't like sunny day real estate so i'm not gonna be praising them for inventing emo

>straight emo

How is it straight emo if it wasn't even the first emo? Isn't it warped emo since it sounds different from the original emo?

>they're more emotive hardcore
Gee i wonder what emo means

it can mean a different thing as music changes
all the world is flowing
t.heraclitus

i just repeated what the other user said for clarity. created the variant of "Midwest Emo"

No. :D

nice response

i bet you have no other counterargument aside from your shitty memes no one cares about or finds funny

And when new genres fork off of old, we come up with new words rather than repurposing old ones.

SDRE weren't from the midwest, nor do they really sound like it. Too grungy and heavy.

How It Feels to Be Something On is a legitimate religious experience for me

It's not. This is literally the first time I've ever heard that supposed term.

Sunny Day Real Estate and Cap'n Jazz are definitive post-emo bands.

nice response

i agree and you are correct. they are often considered more alt rock. But they started the movement, regardless

why?

Why do you keep complementing me then tumblr?

Oh shit, a bigot!

>people taking this bait

legitimately one of the edgiest things ive read on this website

Oh shit a land whale

Tumblrinas have two default modes, horny mode and angry mode.

i think is why i go for them tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=y413Vk9FzY0

>there are people like this on neo/mu/

What happened to this place?

youtube.com/watch?v=NBuM2Mx6dkU

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samiam_(album)
Released 1990
Recorded September-December 1989

>implying the fuck white CIS males

its a truly awful existence to be on this board in 2016

tumblr

living proof they do, user. just listen to emo music and send them memes, seriously

I remember back in 2009-2010 where all we would do is shit post about ATAOTS, MPP, MBDTF, LYSF, Soundtracks For The Blind, and Loveless. Good times. This decade sucks

even like three years ago it wasnt that bad. this past year in particularly has been trash

No, all we did back then were endless feel threads.

i hope you fucking die then you unfunny asshole

i fucking hope you die too