thanks, at least someone here recognizes strong talent

+1 another Julien fan here

>hymnal piano cover outro

wow she isnt even singing rejoice in the picture cmon man

AND I REEEEEEEEEJOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIICE AND COMPLAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIAAAAIINNNN

>outro

what

So she's popular here now? It was only a matter of time I guess

not really, she was mentioned more when her album came out though.

I had a legit crush on her last year. Found out she's gay tho so its a bummer

I've only ever seen her tiny desk thing and It wasn't that good

Every fucking time I want to make a life comment about her, Rejoice plays in my head and I instinctually stop. Fuck.

Julien is my spirit animal

Lewd****
Fuck you, autocorrect
(Also, saw her live and her banter, though minimal, made me want her)

yea idunno, it was kind of a pour performance. The album is really good, though. And other performances are incredible. Check out the OurVinyl Session ones.

same

shes just like all those super nice christian kids i knew growing up. super sweet and kind with a corny sarcastic streak about her. i personally think shes super fucking rad, and shes the one that got me off my ass and inspired me to start writing songs.

this

She's just really inspiring. She made me really want to get involved with my local music scene and create my own songs. However I always cringe at my own lyrics. It usually ends up with me being too embarrassed to even try to develop or finish a song.

here, this is my stuff taht i made after getting into julien and some other stuff as well

highlysensitiveperson.bandcamp.com/releases

i kind of feel the same way about these tracks, except that instead of wallowing in self-pity over it like i normally do, i can actually see the better song in these songs. i can see what id like to do differently. so its more i matter of "i can do better."

Hey, that's pretty good!
You can really hear the Julien influence in this. The only notecable thing I didn't really dig was the vocals, it souns like you're really embarrassed singing; I really struggle with this. Also the mic. quality wasn't top notch. This may be a problem for some, but you see how big Car Seat Headrest became.. But who am I to complain? I'm really uncomfortable with my singing, at least you're brave enough to actually show it to someone. And not to mention; on a place like this.

I like the lyrics on James based on how unconventional they're written even though apologizing is a common topic to write about.

It sounds like a mix between Julien Baker and Car Seat Headrest with a little bit of Midwest Emo; almost American Football-ish.

It was all in all a good experience. It's 03:43 PM and the sky looks like pic. related while the sun was shining right in my face; very fitting sitiation for the music. Thank you. :^)

What do you guys think about her material in The Star Killers/Forrister? I think it's good, but have a lot more potential. They're supposed to release some new stuff this year.

no prob bub, glad you dug it

I think I saw one acoustic video but honestly she should focus on her solo career, so much potential if she experimented a tad bit and added more complexity.