youtube.com/watch?v=esCjADNzOy8
everynoise.com/engenremap-alternativeemo.html
everynoise.com/engenremap-emopunk.html
youtube.com/watch?v=9ov7BGd8FlY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is this the best emo album of the 90s

i'm cool with this idea

but i wouldn't call myself an "emo-head"

i listened to sunny day real estate's diary recently and i actually really loved it. i loved the vocalist's tone. i loved his screams.. can you rec me a few emo albums user?

are you at least twee as fuck

Anyone else really fucking hate Derrick from twiabp?

Underrated desu

Native Nod - Today Puberty, Tomorrow The World

n-no

since you like the music, can you just rec me?

Has there ever been an album better for shouting along in the car?

native nod like user said is probablyy the best i could think of
also see chaos is me

Is this bait?

>Albums that start strong and get progressively worse

It starts so good

You are looking for emo music with a post-hardcore sound. Native Nod (Today Puberty Tomorrow the World) is very close to Diary. You could try Texas is the Reason. Maybe The Promise Ring although that's getting into more of an alt rock sound.

no it's really not dude i'm just an emo newb

Idk what you mean, that album is great throughout. So are Two Worlds and Charmer

ok i just don't like the deeper "growls" of post-hardcore that i had to put up with in high school.. i like the vocalist's words to be clear

some good shit in this chart

Absolutely not

Also, My band is playing with debtor next week. Aside from playing with bands like Mobo and Marietta back in the day, we're actually playing with REAL bands now, I'm so excited.
soundcloud.com/sadmoma/snowing

I get hype listening to the first song, specifically that first part, but when it breaks into the slower section, the whole album loses steam to me.

It's missing Tricot in Japanese

hmm

Sleeping People (pic related). Maybe Tiny Moving Parts.

its miss go FUCK YOURSELF

confirmed bait

thanks user

can you also tell me why there is an e at the end of emo?

Sadly this. The back half is by no means bad but those first 3 tracks are perfection.

idk i think it has something to do with that weird chinese cartoon baby girl

why is just Transistor by Don Martin Three on here? Their album is just as good as that single

1. no itsa not
2.that is a 3 way split transistor is not the only song on there

"moe" is a chinese word for cute, and as you can see there are cute chinese girls in the /emoe/ pictures.

ya but the album doesnt have transistor on it

really happy /emoe/ is back

missed comfy emo threads

1. i like it. 2. then edit it so it doesn't say Don Martin Three - Don Martin Three & Hope Springs Eternal & Moonraker. it should just say Don Martin Three & Hope Springs Eternal & Moonraker

go fuck yourself instead???

lol what

there's not even a single album in this "beginner's guide to emoe" that even has an asian girl on it

it's not actually related to emo
the anime girls are in the OP pictures, not in the album covers

the FUCK are you talking about?

sorry for being mean :(

TSUUUUUUUUU

I was so into the album with
WHAT ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS
WHAT ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS
DO THEY MAKE YOU HAPPY
but interest wanes further on :(

oh.

oh okay. thanks user.

Nah.

its o kim sorry also
ill take you everywhere is the only good one

I think the album is mostly very strong throughout, although weaker towards the end.

But June, M, Travelling Theory, and Amateur Standing.

>american football

Shit album is shit

word
theyre better than american football at least

Tricot strikes me as math more than emo. But I also kind of think /emoe/ should be open to "emotionally sensitive math pop" or twinkle or whatever we're calling it.

Tricot, toe, LITE... Elephant Gym aren't Japanese, but if you don't mind the Mandarin vocals, they also make a great contribution to "asian math rock." Their album with the cube thing on the front and the title in Chinese sounds more similar to the aforementioned Japanese bands, while their EP titled Balance reminds me of something in the vein of This Town Needs Guns.

This town Needs Guns or TTNG
kek

what don't you like about american football? jw

What?

Kinoko Teikoku has really emo lyrics despite the shoegaze sound.

Every time they switch members/names they get more/less emo/math and it's pretty cool to follow them album per album and listen to how much they've changed.

fucking reddit

you have to go

I CAN JUMP I CAN FLY I CAN TOUUCH THE SKY

Oh, ok. I know what you mean.

The comparison most strongly evokes that Mayan IP Address album, but I think you can also hear Animals in the Taiwanese stuff.

anyone heard of leer?
found out about them the other day

youtube.com/watch?v=N-rb9pgaWNo

pretty nice

dude turmp smoek the cat lmaoaa

Do you have a higher quality version of this?

it sucks anyways who cares

The universe doesn't, but I do.

yeah its this

ayy i listened to some of your stuff a while back from a soundcloud thread, good stuff and cool to see you moving up.

I had a bad year. As I slipped into depression, I stopped paying attention to what I was listening to, and when I finally came to, it was all emo and self-hating math rock.

Just now I'm looking back through my spotify playlists, and I think I can pinpoint where it all started to go downhill based on the character of the songs I added from day to day: youtube.com/watch?v=6ySfpOfp6Yk

Fucking spotify probably knew my life was about to go to shit long before I did. Maybe in the future they'll put you on suicide watch for streaming emo music.

how come algernon's parrot flies is there instead of some kind of cadwallader? the latter is clearly the superior album

hi guys just reminding you that american football is a good album and you're a nerd if you think otherwise

hey just reminding you to fuck off lol
>>>/daily/

A new band kids from my college have been listening to, they are p good

therealsports.bandcamp.com/album/all-of-something

I like Fun. Makes me cry though.

The intro to the sun was actually originally titled "no more coffe"

Pro tip is to jump from
The sun at 0:35 into I Saw Water if you don't wanna loose steam

Like I did here
vocaroo.com/i/s07Jr1r1jbKN

No love for Meals on Wheels? Fav track for me except I saw Water

youtube.com/watch?v=95rV8_RAQYQ

Meals on Wheels isn't a bad song, it's just on an album with about four songs I like better.
When a good song isn't even in the top three, that's a good problem for an album to have.

Like, Charmer is also a good album, but it doesn't have quite the density of absolute utter bangers that the S/T had.

>but it doesn't have quite the density of absolute utter bangers
I Saw Water is Tigers Jaws GOAT imo

Charmer is better imo all songs are pretty much 8< and
And like 5 tracks that are on my Tigers Jaw top 10

Modern Baseball is my AOTYSF.

I Saw Water is on the S/T though, not Charmer. Earlier I implied that I prefer Plane vs Tank vs Submarine, but I don't know if I could really put one above the other. They are definitely my two favorite Tiger's Jaw tracks.

If more songs on Charmer stand out to you, well, that's interesting! I think we both agree that the music is good on both albums, so I guess which particular tracks catch your ear the most comes down to personal things.

Listened to this for the first time today. Its good shit senpai

Lead singer of Tigers Jaw is friends with this band that i hang out with sometimes called the Superweaks, and he was at one of their shows in Columbus and I sat with him through the set. Great guy, super funny

i've never posted in daily 2bh

>not jimmy piersall

youtube.com/watch?v=ObgC9zjwOWc

but really though this song is so comfy

anyone have a mega link for joan of arc, tiny moving parts, or owls?

I'm uploading some Algernon Cadwallader to mega right now, will post the link when finished.

Do people like Owls? There's so little enjoyable going on in their music.

I like Owls. Sometimes, at least. Usually when I'm high.

youtu.be/br5aFpHbMAo

Algernon cadwallader
algernoncadwallader.bandcamp.com/

>American emo, math, poppy

Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=H105kxgIlj4

mega.nz/#F!rJdBgZKC!-GVI49NXRF5StWt35b6E5w

Is it supposed to be flat like that? I'm sure the files are tagged, but do you really just keep all your music in one folder?

this is pretty good I wish I didn't have to pay for it so I could enjoy it more than one time in my life

How is Pavement emo
Assuming this isn't bait

You got baited, son.

Hm, I'm not sure why it is that way. No, I keep them separated by album. Maybe I'm just a dork.

Is this emo?
youtube.com/watch?v=esCjADNzOy8

I would've just called it pop punk if I had to call it anything, but I was surprised to find some people consider them emo!

I think the normies call it 'beard-core', but in all honesty I like a lot of Enemy of the World

How surface level emo am I?

Favs are like... SDRE, American Football, The World Is a Beautiful Place..., checked out Modern Baseball recently if you wanna count them I like them a good bit...shit, there's a lot of classics/staples I'm forgetting

anyway, are there any new "modern classics" in emo that may have slipped under my radar I should check out?

Is beardcore the same as "orgcore"? But I think "orgcore" is a completely meaningless term analogous to Sup Forumscore for the website punknews.org

More than likely in the same vein, I've just heard it thrown around when FYS has come up in conversation

I personally love The Weakerthans, check out Left and Leaving. You could also check out Intersections by Into It, Over It, and one of my guilty pleasures is 'I'm Wide Awake and It's Morning' by Bright Eyes.

Have fun

Try pressing "scan" on these pages (or just go through and click on the names of bands for samples) as a starting point
everynoise.com/engenremap-alternativeemo.html
everynoise.com/engenremap-emopunk.html

Some of the other subgenre pages on that website are relevant to this thread (screamo, dreamo, math pop, etc.) but stay away from the one just called "emo."

Why are my eyes always shifting away from everyone else's eyes?

i assure you it was not bait
how is pavement not emo better question
youtube.com/watch?v=9ov7BGd8FlY
this is waaay more emo than everything else in this thread

I'm happy to see emoe back, but i'm feeling worse than shit so i'll just bitch about things i don't like.
Absolute overrated shit, and more pop punk than emo, not sure if its emo at all.
Outside the surface, stop bothering with TWIABP and Modern Baseball, listen to Mineral and never look back.
I like this forced meme though, post it in a couple of threads more please.

don't act like you don't have a shameful inner liking for pop punk that you try to hide