Okay faggots explain me this, what is the fucking deal with Tame Impala...

Okay faggots explain me this, what is the fucking deal with Tame Impala? I like psychedelic music but from what I've heard, this is just pop trash with a bit of fuzz and reverb. I've looked around online and the only answers I could get about why it's so big is from hipster faggots saying they; 'get lost in the guitars.'

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PB2SYop7AaY
youtube.com/watch?v=LFBe_wP2_gw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you're listening to the wrong album

youtube.com/watch?v=PB2SYop7AaY

It's really well done derivative. The Less I Know... is undeniably great, but it's nothing new at all. It just hits the nostalgia buttons in the right way. Other than that song I couldn't care less about them.

Tame impala isn't amazing, but it's better than most "psychedelic" music I've heard. It's just fucking plain rock music that someone decided to arbitrarily slap a label onto, sometimes solely for lyrical content. It's often driving rock.

Dude I live in perth, Fremantle to be exact... Used to knock around with Kev back when he and I were lil' gromits
I just have to say, I GET Tame Impala, on a level that nobody else does
You pretty much have to be Australian to even understand it

10/10, see those dudes all the time
also checkd

I'm from Perth too, and don't even have to lie to be included in the Perth area, you fucko.

I stuff like King Gizzard, don't fucking get Tame Impala at all.

like stuff like*

long day.

>is from perth
>doesn't get the joke

Your joke sucked, but even more so does your explanation of how to "GET" Tame Impala. Can you actually elaborate at all?

regardless of Sup Forums and p4k tells you
Hipsters still want some kind of guitar band to jam out and promote how spiritual they're and tame impala fits that description

People love nostalgia and this is the "beatles" of our generation

That album's hardly even psychedelic. It's a Disco album essentially. The two albums and the EP before it are definitely Psychedelic Rock, and they're all pretty good.

no, that's the joke, if you have lived in perth and been involved with the underground music scene there you'd know that it's filled with Tame Impala ripoff merchants and hipsters who used to knock around with Kev way back when who get the band on a deeper level
also, if you're having trouble 'getting into' a band that was featured heavily on the Triple J hottest 100 of last year you should probably consider suicide
BECAUSE TRIPLE J OBJECTIVELY HAS THE BEST TASTE IN MUSIC CRITICISM
youtube.com/watch?v=LFBe_wP2_gw

Don't even fucking remind me, still can't get Cosby Sweater out of my nightmares

I'm talking about the band in general, just used the album cover for recognition

this guy gets it

Well what psychedelic music are you into?

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard and a lot of other Flightless Records bands such as; The Murlocs, Pipe-Eye, and The Babe Rainbow. Also things like: The Doors, Allah-Las, The Beatles, also a lot of the early Floyd stuff, Iron Butterfly.

So for the most part, my modern psychedelic choices are shit from the Australian continent.

You're starting on the wrong album my guy.

Innerspeaker > Lonerism > Currents.

The only good Currents songs are the last two songs and Eventually.

Interesting. I actually feel in a similar way to bands such as Arctic Monkeys. If you're not from the North of England, you will never truly understand what it represents.

the only true answer OP, and this is from someone who is a big fan, is that the melodic approach is beautifully and uniquely its own thing. it helps if you've written your own music, but to listen to songs like "Its not meant to be" "Endors Toi", "Alter Ego", etc etc. is to know that there is some seriously clever writing going on. almost perfect pop writing. I care very little about the so called style or genre, to me its always melodic based. Tame Impala has fantastic consistent different unique melodies that are ear worm worthy of god.

for example, if you play a drone tone on an instrument, and play the melody of Endors Toi over top, you'll find it has a noticeably dark and moody sound to it. the way he put it to chords however shuffles the context and gives it a completely different vibe. its the type of shit i admire, innovation such as that

Good post.
I never listened to this band, until a month ago. I like them. I started with Currents. I just keep listening to Disciples and The Moment. Great shit.

dude I was memeing though, nothing from Australia has any extended cultural value except for Nick Cave