Sup Forums makes music

Let's play a game where we layer our music on each others. Post Vocaroo links, and I'll layer it into a song.

I'll start: vocaroo.com/i/s0x5w4rosxRX

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s00A24Q17XTT
vocaroo.com/i/s06T1Sun0oVf
clyp.it/ujryefqt
clyp.it/qwiwe4rw
clyp.it/oqkpyggb
clyp.it/ngdxzsg5
vocaroo.com/i/s0i2KcdU6Gh3
mediafire.com/download/1493dwcpfcs695d/Sup
mediafire.com/download/6ecwc84hx68v8w6/Sup
clyp.it/kxonjxk3
clyp.it/z5zygdxt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

c'mon Sup Forums

Rip, I would have liked to participate but I cannot access my computer atm.

Good thread idea though.

thanks user.
maybe I'll try again in the future, hopefully your home then, then we can have fun

I'll try bumping one last time. I really though I had something here ;_;

With layer you mean all the songs will be on top of each other
or one after another?

On top.
I was hoping we'd get some different instruments going until it sounded like an actual part of a song.

OP I got you give me one second

>On top.
>I was hoping we'd get some different instruments going until it sounded like an actual part of a song.
You would need to create rules or it would sound like harsh noise wall

there are 2ways to do that, the first idea has less freedom but is easier to do.

IDEA 1
1-Op do some song
2-Other People do Stuff while trying to be as sure as possible their song fit with song of step 1
2-All songs of step 2 are merged and released

IDEA 2
1-People do whateaver the fuck they want
2-All those songs are merged
3-People listen to song of step 2 and do whateaver the fuck they want, but they must be REALLY SURE it will fit with step 2
4-The songs of step 3 are merged and released
4.1-Songs of step 2 are just something that was needed to make this project be able to be made, they arent released and arent important in any way other than making this idea possible

There's certainly a risk it will all become too noisy. While I agree with your general sentiment, I don't think we need rules currently as very few people are actually participating. I will try to post merged songs as often as possible (รก la "IDEA 2"), but I don't think it is a prerequisite for someones track to be added that every previous track has been added.

If people will enjoy this thread we should work out a better system, but for now I think we're better off having lots of freedom - making it easy to participate.

would be helpful if you actually tuned your guitar lad

vocaroo.com/i/s00A24Q17XTT

Do whatever you want with this i guess

Here's a simple bassline to go with it.
vocaroo.com/i/s06T1Sun0oVf
Good luck mixing the layers once you'll get more than 3.
Would also be useful to give us the bpm or a clicktrack.

Did a (bad) "mastering" on this

clyp.it/ujryefqt

>There's certainly a risk it will all become too noisy.
When you merge alot of songs at random it always become noise (sometmes its not so harsh as ususal harsh noise songs)

An exception is when you fillter the frequencies of the song, like the first song only having the frequencies 0 to 50, the second one has 50 to 100, the third one has 100 to 150hz...... this create a ambient, lowercase or glitch song

Just added it all together, haven't really mixed anything before.
I'm gonna retake my part with my acoustic guitar instead, see if it's better. Sounds quite harsh right now.
Newest take: clyp.it/qwiwe4rw

I added in the previous one, but I can change it.
Your track is really cool, but I'm unsure about how to use it. I ended up layering two parts of it, skipping the rest.

Cool stuff

Woah, thats a way better mastering than what I did! Sounds like you used varispeed towards the end there?

Guitars need to be quieter, everything else louder.
Look in the top right side of your screen when the song is playing in Audacity, there's a bar there that will tell you if it's clipping. You don't really want to have any clipping in digital recordings unless you're making noise music

New version with acoustic guitar: clyp.it/oqkpyggb

Somehow forgot to add the newest version of this. I'll add it in if we get a new track. Anyone got bongos or somethings?

Now that I think of it, I would recommend going against using my track, the tonaltiy is completely fucked

The opening bit is an unaltered raw recording, The first 4 bars are in Gb Major, the sadder ending bars are in C minor, where I was playing a piano that is around 1.7 semitones below standard tuning, and we sung out of key with it. The second part, I can't even remember, but is a little bit more easy to define because i didn't do too much to it

the third part, which is a sped up reprise of the first bit, I used varispeed to bump the tonality anywhere between 1 and 1.2 semitone, makign it even weirder, and unless you guys are educated in micro tonality and can match me, its going to be difficult for this to not become insta shit with my track in there

Guitar too loud

see
OP I would just start from scratch, in fact, give me something of yours, it can be on the spot, and just give me the key signature or even the chords and I can write some arrangements for you. I don't have that acoustic piano with me right now but I have FL open ready to go

This explains things. I've noticed it happening, but not why, or how it worked.

I think it sounds very cool, and while it might be easier to add tracks without it, I'll leave it in for now. I really like how it sounds for the intro and outro at least.

I think the entire idea of this thread is that the clips aren't going to match up, be in key or in time, it's just a patchwork of sounds. I mean what else could you make if you promise to use every clip posted and you have no control of what's posted. Of course it's going to sound like that, it's fine, that's what's fun about it

Compression > Short L/R delay > Reverb

So, without your previous track this is where we're at: clyp.it/ngdxzsg5

The chords I play are:
>Something
>G
>Am7.
The "something" chord looks like an Em7 moved down to the first fret, like pic related. I have no idea what it is 2bh.

This was meant to be in response to I was hoping we'd get something at least mildly cohesive.

here's my contribution
vocaroo.com/i/s0i2KcdU6Gh3

ill work on this now.

want fender rhodes fambly?

i personally hate vocaroo's compression so here's a download to the original. whichever's best for you
mediafire.com/download/1493dwcpfcs695d/Sup Forums+layer+thing.mp3

you aren't in tune, ill have to auto tune you to the other guy.

i can re-record, one sec

mediafire.com/download/6ecwc84hx68v8w6/Sup Forums+layer+thing+2.mp3
should be in tune now

New version: clyp.it/kxonjxk3
Doesn't include , yet.

having trouble incoporating a piano sound into this. just doesn't fit.

New Version: clyp.it/z5zygdxt
Now Including There were some very cool contributions, and we actually made something. It doesn't sound particularly good, but it was fun regardless. We should try this again, but maybe start out smarter, and try to communicate what we're doing to easier work together. Although I feel we've reached some kind of completion, still feel free to post another track and I'll add it in.

Good job Sup Forums!