In retrospect, why did this album ruin her career?

In retrospect, why did this album ruin her career?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NXcbNP9i2jw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shit songwriting

It didn't, music journalists just need a scapegoat for why one-hit wonders lose relevancy.

She lost a clear vision for her image. That along with the disgusting album cover made her seem awkward and lost the mystique people felt about her.

she got all preachy about lefty shit and didnt back it up with quality that she had on her earlier albums

artpop wasn't too bad tho

The novelty was already wearing off.
It didn't help, but still.

First time listening to her albums.
She's too poppy for me

youtube.com/watch?v=NXcbNP9i2jw

this is a good album tho.

her last full album was nov. 2013.

then she did shit album with tony bennett

she's done a bunch of random shit since then.

she is now so rich she does not have to make another album. she has hundres of millions and lots of side businesses and random things making money

fantano looks so young and vibrant in this video. what happened to him lads? you think he would be on cruise mode because he makes double digit six figures.

Most likely stress and feeling overworked to make so many videos.

That video was 5 years ago

She stopped working with RedOne

She's a fucking novelty act. People get tired of those after like 6 months.

she only cared about seeming homosexual for fame. no one gives a shit about homos though

the lead singes were bad

Because she's the Axl Rose of early 21st century pop music.

>Come from out of nowhere at the end of the decade with an utterly god-tier debut album building on the preceding 10 year's worth of pop music developments
>Kill it in the charts, with 5+ #1 singles and radio/pop cultural saturation for years after the album first drops
>Cocktease the fans (and the charts) with odd EP's and shit, with a couple killer singles that all sound like better, more developed versions of the material on your debut
>Build up immense hype for your larger-than-life sophomore album
>Drop a bloated turd of an album, with monotonous, masturbatorily self-important songs that are utterly devoid of any of the novelty or sheer fun that your debut offered. Critics and fans notice, and all critical appreciation/fan loyalty that you have built up gets flushed down the toilet over the course of that first, awful listen.
>Profit?

She was immensely talented when she was in the right state of mind but she got too big too fast and her ego got the best of her, and she didn't have the presence of mind to tell herself "no".

TLDR:
Gaga = Guns N Roses;
The Fame = Appetite For Destruction;
The Fame Monster = GNR Lies; Telephone = The Terminator 2 single;
Born This Way = Use Your Illusion;
Artpop = The Spaghetti Incident;

>god-tier debut album

Bad single choices.
The album had some of her best songs.
Electric Chapel, Heavy Metal Lover and Bloody Mary are all really great.
ARTPOP was a mistake.

Appetite and The Fame are two of the strongest debut albums of all time.

They may not be your cup of tea, but their cultural impacts were both immense.

hmmm, interdasting

>Appetite and The Fame

interesting outlook but i dont think people will be excited about fame 29 years later like they do for appetite and gnr

i mean there's so much money and demand for gnr axl actually put his ego in check for a paycheck

Her political business got overwhelming and ruined it for me.
To keep the enigma of a good artist, keep doing what you do well.
As someone shouted once to her during the Monster Ball
"Shut up and sing"