What's the deal with this album? I want to download it but the whole Smile ordeal is very confusing for me

What's the deal with this album? I want to download it but the whole Smile ordeal is very confusing for me.

Do you tag it as SMiLE or Smile Sessions?
Exactly how many tracks are there supposed to be?
Additionally, how many tracks are supposed to the compiled album and how many are bonuses?
How am I even supposed to listen to it?

I just want to enjoy what you guys rave about so much.

Other urls found in this thread:

smileysmile.net/board/index.php?topic=11848.0
www115.zippyshare.com/v/PBVxZ43x/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SUMMER

Just listen to the soniclovenoize version of Smile. It's considered the best.

listen to disc one of the smile sessions in stereo
smileysmile.net/board/index.php?topic=11848.0

shut up

listen to smiley smile, instead, and dont forget to listen to the mono version on the wild honey remastered version, so you get the extra tracks, like hearts were full of spring or cant wait too long

smiley smile is an actual beach boys album worthy of your time, smile is a brian wilson solo album that was aborted

Listen to this instead. It's superior in every way.

Scott G > SLN

www115.zippyshare.com/v/PBVxZ43x/file.html

ignore this, its a plotting middle of the road pet sounds wannabe

>i tagged it as The Smile Sessions
>there are two discs with the first one having 27 tracks and the second having 13
>first 19 tracks on the first disc is the actual Smile album while the rest is all bonus tracks
>listening to it is completely up to you. i usually just listen to the actual album and maybe sometimes the bonus tracks

Thank you for explaining what this link is. We will surely download it now.

Fuck off Montie

the first nineteen tracks are the actual album, and I'd assume you'd tag it Smile Sessions because that's what it's called

the real SMiLE was never finished back in 1967, so a lot of different versions have turned up on the internet over the years, but this is the closest you'll get to what originally would have been released back then

there's also a Brian Wilson solo version released in 2004 which is inferior imo

I have one for the official Smile Sessions album where I just tagged it like they released it then I have one tagged as SMiLE which is the stereo mix with bwps tracklisting

It sounds nothing like Pet Sounds. It sounds like how SMiLE should have sounded. Happy, psychedelic tracks by The Wrecking Crew, with mind-blowing harmonies. At least Yellow Balloon is a collection of actual songs, as opposed to a hodgepodge of nonsense, which, let's face it, SMiLE is.

This one really

Tracks 1-19 are the "album" proper
They're a reconstruction of what it could've been.
The rest are various session outtakes and whatnot.
You can tag 1-19 as its own thing or the whole thing together as the smile sessions it really doesn't matter, seeing as it was never finished anyways.

The official release is my personal favorite reconstruction of it.

Hey OP, I couldn't help but notice that you've mistakenly referred to this collection of unfinished backing tracks as an "album"

You fucking nigger fuck off with that

Outta here with your bullshit most of these have lyrics

actual songs that are shit in comparison, yeah

fuck off

The Child is Father of Man part at the end of Surfs Up that ties together Suite 2 was added by Carl in 1971.It would have been cool if that was part of Brian's vision the whole time, but this order was given the benefit of 40 years worth of foresight

Thanks guys, listening to it now.