previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J0fvo0nQ358
clyp.it/ywf30tdh
clyp.it/onn41cqr
clyp.it/kwntfxpp
youtube.com/watch?v=DUV3hGAHn-w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why do guitarists get so mad at wealthier folks who can afford nice gear? They seem to have a mentality of "if i can't have it, neither should you" which is seriously embarrassing.
Even worse is when they put down kids or beginners that are just starting to play because of shit gear, or once again, because they have better gear. "You need to be 'this' skilled in order to have that gear"

more pics like this plz

Everyone knows it's jealousy. There's nothing more to it, really

>mfw every time /gg/ points out my mommy bought my expensive amp for me

A lot can be said for developing under constraint. Creativity thrives out of necessity. Look at cuisine, art, science.

Being delivered the best equipment for your disposal is no better than lusting for a status piece.

Never trust a chink.

Considering the price of cocaine, that's a great deal actually.
But otherwise yes, never trust the chinese.

>me chinese
>me play joke
>me put lead in your children's toys

I could use a guitar like that.

Good left handed 7 string with 26.5 or 27'' scale for under €600? I've heard good things about Agile but they're in the U.S so I would have no buyer's protection if it went to shit. No Schecter either as I don't like the feel of the neck on them

>7 string
Yeah, how about you go kill yourself you fucking faggot

Gotta watch the GoT season finale first, but it's at the top of my to do list after that

>GoT
How much of a fucking pleb can you be. That's the gayest shit in the world

>No Schecter either as I don't like the feel of the neck on them
Have you tried the more recent models ? I used to not like them but they're thinner, more "ibanez"-like now.
Otherwise there's always Jackson or ESP/LTD

I've been a tab/ear learner for forever but I just bought a loop pedal and I want to start "practicing scales".

Where do I go after the pentatonic scales?

major scales.

minor, major, harmonic minor, diminished, dorian, lydian, phrygian dominant

Super Locrian, Hirajoshi, Harmonic Major and of course Melodic Minor

>floppy wiener

youtube.com/watch?v=J0fvo0nQ358
what sort of scales/chords does this kind of music feature?

>tfw there are people who don't know that Charvels are fucking badass.

>truss rod access
shit

Only 21 frets though, which is fine if you're playing 50 bpm blues but that's not the kind of music those guitars are designed for

Truss rod access is overrated.

Randy Rhoads' Flying V had 21 frets. The 22nd fret doesn't matter.

>Tfw faggot fender-owned brand which makes instruments that aren't worth their price
Inb4: Would buy the pre-fender ones off Ebay, those are worth it.

>$150 asian superstrat
>costs $800
yea no thanks

Nice Stratocaster m9

Everyone look at this fag. Look at this fag and laugh.

>Le butthurt fanboy
>No real argument in defense of said brand

>Fagboy troll
>No real argument against said brand

I can greentext too, moron.

oh wow

Try out a new Schecter. They dramatically changed their neck profiles not that long ago. They're pretty much cloning Ibanez now.

Your options are somewhat limited for left handed extended scales.

I always thought Charvels were for poorfags who couldn't afford the ESP or Jackson they really wanted.

hey man your fretboard is warped.

On another note, I just have to assume that most prople in these threads are guys. What do girls do with their time? I don't see many go to the gym often. Do they just have sex/get guys attention all the time? Or are they watching tv?

Who has any experience with the various Ibanez tremolos?
I'm in the market for a new guitar and I've never before had a guitar with a whammy so I think it's time

Untrue. Jackson and ESP (under the LTD brand) manufacturer cheaper guitars than Charvel, while the upscale Charvel models are fairly expensive ($2-3k) and the Custom Shop guitars are known for both their quality and high price (they're Masterbuilt). Besides, Charvels and Jacksons are made in the exact same factory.

The difference between the brands is aesthetic. Jackson and ESP are geared much more towards more modern music and aesthetics while Charvel maintains the late 70s/early 80s So-Cal vibe. Charvel is a middleground between traditional Fender designs and the more extreme Jackson models. That's all.

They play with their pussy

Can confirm that girls don't really do anything but talk to guys, talk to other girls about guys and spend time with guys. 99% of girls in their 20s are "normies" who go out every weekend to bars/clubs/parties

I know this because my last girlfriend was as normal as they come for girls in their 20s and that's what she liked, even though I hated it. Needless to say we separated because of our differences

That's just the major scale with an occasional augmented 5th

Which ones are you looking at? You can't really go wrong with an Original Edge, LoPro Edge, or FX Edge.

EdgePro, LoTRS, Edge III, and Edge Zeros tend to be garbage.

Nice guitar and AxeFX II XL+. You tried the FAS Brootalz model much? I pretty much only use the SLO100 (SOLO-100) models for high gain but some of the FAS models are cool.

clyp.it/ywf30tdh

As an example, I like the Ibanez S Prestige guitars, which come with a LoPro Edge, and the RG Prestige which it only says comes with an "Edge tremolo", I can only assume it's an original Edge

My setup

RG655? That's an Original Edge. Both the LoPro and Original Edge are top quality. You can't really go wrong with either and they're mechanically pretty much identical.

The iteration after those two (Edge Pro) dropped the locking studs, changed to cheaper metal, and was the beginning of Ibanez gimmicks to try and get around the Floyd Rose patent.

Original Edge are basically OFRs with locking bridge studs. LoPros are reshaped to sit flush, but they do have raised lettering on the block that means you need two pieces of wood to block them firmly. I prefer how they feel under the hand though.

dats a lotsa amps

your 2nd string seems out of tune

Interesting. Whenever I think of a girl I like and her past sexual experience, it makes me sick. I don't blame them for wanting to bang so much, everyone likes sex. But I don't want to start dating girls at my age and beyond (25) who are done "experimenting" and only want me for emotional support and attention. Like, bitch, we all have troubles, try sitting quietly and letting them pass instead of coming home and bitching to me about them. You had all that time to deal with your thoughts and all you did was go around having "fun" and now you want me to help you out? Fuck you, my only fun was video games. How about you help me out by whelping children and shutting the fuck up?

Fuck what is wrong with me. I'm a lonely guy

can vintage frets reduce choking-out when bending?(i know fretboard radius should be main factor)

can you name me a guitar that has a REAL wood finish? i mean, not even pain. I want to touch the guitar and feel that tasty wood

The closest you're going to get is rubbed oil finishes, and even those tend to be built up thick.

Guitars have finishes for a reason.

I don't understand. Not even pain? Does it hurt you to touch most guitars?

I own a solid wood acoustic from Seagull that has such a thin finish it feels like a piece of furniture. No idea what you're talking about.

Anyone ever converted a cheap combo into a guitar cabinet?

What are some good acoustic brands for $800?

I've been on a $400 Epiphone for 2 years now

*paint

Check out seagull. Just got one of their SWS Rosewoods, and I don't see myself ever owning another one. It's perfect, and not overpriced. Check em' out.

will lots of distortion and a noise gate make me sound better at guitar?

no
it will make you sound very distorted without the extra noise

not really, for bending you pretty much want a 12"+ radius to not choke out. fret size doesn't have much to do with choking out, as long as they are level any size is fine. personally i find it easier to bend on guitars with larger medium jumbo+ type of frets because i just feel like i can manipulate the string easier some people are different and hate larger frets.

if you use so much distortion that people can't hear your mistakes, you're using so much distortion that people can't hear when you play correctly either.

Because they're not learning. One of my few and far between visits (every year or two) to this board, but it's because they aren't learning. If you put a plastic piece of shit in the hands of Stevie Ray, he would make it sing because the equipment is secondary to his talent. When people go out and buy expensive shit on a whim it drives up the cost of everything.

They're not learning says who?
The fact that you assume that just shows you have that same shitty mentality

yeah this is the truth. a gearfag lived across me in the dorm last year and he's been playing 3 years, has multiple high end guitars and a great amp, but he can't play anything other than stuttered out classic rock solos. i shit you not. he knew nothing about theory or improv, and you'd think he'd be able to just frankenstein together some licks from all the solos he knows right? he couldn't
paul is that you?

clyp.it/onn41cqr

this has some neat ideas
work on it

clyp.it/kwntfxpp

thats a very kvlt tone

R.I.P. Prince making process of his Guitar@ factory
youtube.com/watch?v=DUV3hGAHn-w

That is utter bullshit. I'm not the best at playing, but I've saved up a long time until I could afford the gear that I felt gave me the best sound and least amount of problems, which has motivated me to play more and better than when I had a bullet.

how about letting everyone do their own thing without being autist?

Anyone bought Carvin guitars lately? How is their build quality compared to fender American?

It's the telemonster, rhythm in all pickups on in series with neck out of phase, lead in strat position 4 in series. I think position 4 is middle + bridge.

distortion is a 2 led distortion circuit I made based on the marshall MG10.

>how about letting everyone do their own thing without being autist?
hahahahah do you even know where you are?

Carvin shits all over Fender

Fender is king of meme guitars. Telecasters are hideous, strats are the biggest memes ever. Almost every other manufacturers meme it. Every other fender besides telecaster is a misshapen strat copy.

Any tips or methods that worked for y'all for learning all the notes of the neck? Mainly for the context of improving my improv, specifically developing more horizontal neck movement, feel like I always get stuck in a Vertical scale cage when improving. Should I try flash cards? thanks guys so much!

Kys. If you play any guitar that isn't a genuine fender musical instrument you deserve to be laughed off of stage.

Is that so. I have been meaning to make a sub $1000 Carvin workhorse. I don't know how they play though.

I swear to god you make me want to die

got a 69 reissue CIJ mustang a few weeks ago- loving the way it plays. Anyone put some different pickups in one of these?

Fucking beautiful
Fender Japan is the only place left that still makes attractive guitars honestly

Hey thats my setup and picture lol

Nice argument. Fender Strat Me2. Biggest meme ever.

> hey, i have a fendet strat
> me 2

I really want a Fender Japan because they have pretty good build quality and is usually cheaper, but man I can't get used to vintage frets.

What about them can't you get used to? My other electric is a MIM tele from early 2000s; I must have gotten a fairly decent one because I can't really complain about its build quality, it's just kind of a dull guitar that got the job done for a while. There was a small learning curve on the mustang, but now I really love it. About a month ago I got a Blues deluxe reissue, so I'm super excited to spend some more time writing stuff when I get the time to

It feels like I'm touching the fretboard too much. I play on jumbo frets my whole life, on a wizard neck.

I can get pass the thicker neck, doesn't really slow me down but the vintage fret..

Maybe I didn't cut my nails and it was digging into the fretboard, happens all the time.

Orange ppc 4x12 with v30s
5150 vintage block letter head 90s era
Ltd ec-2015 40th anniversary

more like 9th anniversary guitar hero 3 controller

Is the beginner set on amazon a good buy?

b8

good one

I'm not baiting, sorry if you think that way. I want to buy a beginner's guitar. I used to play (very bad) when I was a kid and I want to get back.

Good stuff. I plan to try a stereo rig with two 6505s at my next gig. Got the go ahead from the promoter last night.

What tubes you got in the 5150? Standard 6L6s or swapped for something else? A Sovtek LPS in the PI seemed to make a pretty big difference on mine.

Can someone talk me out of getting a GK mb-500?

I want something that can do some hard rocking grit and I've heard the MB's are "Sterile" compared to the RBs. But I've also heard they sound basically the same.

I can get a brand new in the box mb-500 shipped to my door for $400 with the $50 footswitch included.

I'll be using a Hartke AK410

I put white and black bits of electrical tape on my strings at each fret to match the color of the equivalent piano key. Only took about a week before it all clicked.

And just think, if he sold all of them he could afford one good amp.

woah, on my fretboard, not the strings.

>Truss rod access is overrated
You've clearly never had to take off a neck just to access a truss rod nut before.

there must be 100 beginner sets on amazon, but they're likely all shit. Do yourself a favor and buy a guitar off craigslist if you're gonna buy cheap.