Why is such a mediocre, limited instrument so popular? why aren't more people playing the way more versatile keyboard?

why is such a mediocre, limited instrument so popular? why aren't more people playing the way more versatile keyboard?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=COraYpeMSPs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Keyboards sound fucking gay 90% of the time.

>mediocre
???
>limited instrument
pretty much the opposite
>comparing it to keyboards
oh ok... nevermind

BECAUSE THAT SHIT FUCKIN RAWKS!!!!

Keyboard takes time, patience and discipline to learn.

You can buy a guitar for $60 at Walmart, on online and find a tab and be playing your favorite Green Day song in a week.

Hey it's another thread where we all rag on instruments we don't like and all believe our own instrument is superior. Well count me in fags, Kazoo master race.

>keyboard

I think you meant piano. I think there's a couple of songs written for it. I'd have to check. Definitely one or two though.

>cheap
>portable
>versatile
>harmonizes with itself
>can sing while playing it

Pianos might beat guitars in sheet versatility but not everyone is gonna blow $3000 so their kid can drop it after a month, and it also doesn't require an entire family to move. Truly the instrument of the working class.

>guitars
>not the greatest, most flexible instrument of all time

>mediocre
not going to even respond to this one
>limited instrument
it's the most versatile instrument in the world
>more versatile keyboard
see above

It truly is the most versatile instrument

Also bitches don't wanna hump synth fags

Classically trained piano player of 8 years. I can tell you this absolutely untrue and retarded. Before I even knew how to read sheet music I could go look at some Synthesia video on how to play some pop song and learn to play it in a few hours, much less a week. It's pretty much the exact opposite because being able to play guitar adequately took me about 2 years beyond just playing basic tabs and chords due to the absolute necessity of muscle memory, callus, and meticulous synchronization. It took me 6 months from never playing the piano to being able to more or less play La Campanella, save for very challenging parts, scales and delayed sections that require a decade of dedication.

I don't know why I keep coming back to Sup Forums expecting it to get better over the years. This site is full of beta-faggots who know nothing about anything and just chat shit to waste time. Jesus Christ.

Keyboard fag here. And while I understand what you're getting at OP, guitar is not limited. with guitar, you can play an whole arrangement with chords + melody, play rhythm, or just play metal. A better example would be any other string instrument besides piano, wind instruments, brass, basically anything else. You can't play a full composition with just a flute, you can only play melody or single note drones. There aren't many instruments which allow you to simultaneously play chord + melody. The keyboard and guitar are some of the few examples of them.

yo did i just say "metal"? meant to say lead

Piano attracts just as many normies as guitar does

In fact ever serious guitarist I've ever met has known as much or more about music and theory as any pianist I've ever met who can read some sheet of music in front of them but can't tell me shit about cadences or chord voicings

you can easily buy a used piano for a couple hundred. it wont be the best instrument, but itll work. dont know what youre talking about m8

yeah no doubt. honestly i started playing it when i was 9 over piano only because it was portable and because at the time i liked country music, but thank fucking god

the guitar sounds beautiful. i love the timbre, the fact that i can bend notes, everything. it's used in virtually every single genre around the world (barring orchestral classical music). it can play chords, melody, harmony. it's simultaneously easy to pick up yet hard to master

in my mind it's the perfect instrument. but i fucking love piano too, mostly because of the visual aspect of it, and the way i can simultaneously play complex chords with a melody on the top. other than that though guitar is perfect

Not disagreeing that piano and guitar are both awesome instruments, but winds are far easier to do this with.

youtube.com/watch?v=COraYpeMSPs

>to do this with

to do what with?

honestly would like to add on that there even some examples where guitar is superior to keyboard. for example, playing in different keys. with a keyboard you have to learn a completely different position for every different key you play in. while with a guitar, just slide your hand up/down the frets. so think about that OP

cuz the guitar is the easiest to play emotionally without complexity when songwriting and many song writers are too lazy to build arrangements over their shit demos and just sell the shit demos

>easiest to play emotionally without complexity when songwriting

this is absolute gibberish to be honest. you can play any instrument "emotionally without complexity", because i'm assuming you just mean hammering away at chords