Albums where the first track is absolutely fantastic but the rest of the album is shit/isn't as good

albums where the first track is absolutely fantastic but the rest of the album is shit/isn't as good

come together fucking slays i don't understand this opinion
you're a goddamn moron you know that

i hope this is your attempt at baiting me, if thats true it worked i guess

hotel california

not this fucking meme again

face it, the album never gets to that melancholic high again where you feel truly alone in outer space

Cop Shoot Cop is the best song.

Cool Waves is about as good as the opener

The first 4 tracks are each literally flawless

Not true. Although I Want Wind to Blow is incredible, so are a lot more songs on the album. The Moon, I Am Small, Headless Horseman, and Samurai Sword are just as good.

no it moves on to other places and explores the rest of human emotions

for me the best tracks are think im in love, home of the brave, cool waves and cop shoot cop

I did used to think the first was the best though but only on my first few listens

Come Together is fine, its simply bad placement.

Placing a fairly standard rock song after a heavily layered dream pop song is a sudden shift, which makes people less favorable towards it.

>Not liking Director
>Not liking the elder god-tier ending stretch of Parade > Surrender > Refuge

You need to listen to this album again user

>not liking stay with me

i'd argue if you know what spiritualized generally sound like, and what spacemen 3 sound like, it's not bad placement at all, in fact i love the shift, it infuses a ton of energy into the start of a fairly long album and just generally rocks your shit, but i'll concede it is a little jarring when you go into the album relatively "blind"

this user knows what's up. also
>doppelganger

the beginning of stay with me really grates on my nerves to be honest
sounds very cheesy

Nope, these albums are pretty bad as a whole.

Nope, even the first track is mediocre.

>mfw most artists are aware of this trope, so they'll try to be clever and put their best track second
>or worse, make it the last track

I feel like this album really encapsulates the extent of my music knowledge in 2009.

boy i'm glad you came into this thread

in a perfect world all track are equally as good, but in reality i think your last track should be your best track
actually now that i'm thinking about it, your best track should fall somewhere in the last quarter of the album, but before the last

Unknown Pleasures

The B-side is like Neu! 2, but worse, since Kraftwerk didn't have the excuse of running out of money.

Nope, I just prefer to listen to good music. If you'd like to start listening to good music, I recommend you start here.

MOR
O
R

i dont really like this album but Golden Gal, vertical and the burglar are all as good as floridada

you forgot to put pic unrelated there user

holy kek

This is all stupid all tracks on an album should be placed regardless of quality, obviously a track that works as a closer should be last and a good introduction to the album should be first, all tracks work differently upon hearing depending on the place considering flow with other tracks and investment required for the track (can't put a really "dense" track on the last quartet of the album because you'll zone out).
I fucking hate this marketing based album crafting of putting singles first and making albums just a tipped over mess.
I don't know if it's just my autism but trying to hear a greatest hits album is fucking earbleading

Nope, pic definitely related. You just hate good music. I bet you think these piles of crap are masterpieces too, you pleb!

if i switched like 3 things from your chart into this one it'd be better.

And which would those be?

probably aphex twin, madvillain and antonio carlos jobim. i have a soft spot for that Goldfrapp one too (supernature?) but I think it only appeals to a specific audience.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

>Transatlanticism
>Filename

This is a meme i never got.

The title track is great, yes - but I Think I'm In Love and Cool Waves are much better. All the songs between are decent too.

This meme would work more in the context of Loveless - not that i think that Only Shallow is the only good song, but moreso because it's the immediately accessible song for plen who are listening to it for the first time.

So who is viper for?
Retards who don't listen to rap and think it is funny still to shit on it, or is it actually a good parody of rap?

Holy shit

Where's Champions?

>Placing a fairly standard rock song
The top line isn't unprecedentedly great for a waltz tune rock tune and the chord prog is pretty standard but the arrangement around that fairly simple backbone is fantastic.
It's got all the cool timbral elements of a shoegaze track with crazy Talk Talk-tier guitar playing, cool synth tones, horn arrangements and a fucking gospel choir doing the harmonies. Don't know what rock you've been listening to where this is run of the mill but I'd like some of it plz.

no parody 100% legit

This so much

if im being honest, when i first listened to the record i was pretty perplexed because of how different the whole album was from the title track

if they started out with come together instead i would appreciate the slower tracks more and incorporate it to the space vibe and enjoy the rock songs

but like they made this fantastic fucking song which what i expected after looking at the title
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space and the really minimalist and kind of 2001 a space odyssey looking cover with the sample in the beginning and the vocals that put me in me in a trance but still feels depressing and the random electronic beeps like i'm in a spaceship or something

the song is just fucking fantastic and i love it but the rest of the album doesn't feel unique whatsoever

hopefully i get a recommendation of an album that sounds exactly like the beginning song though w/e

Okay so retards who just out of high school.

yeah pretty much

the first track is the best but the rest are still great

>not liking Broken Heart
Kek

Wait, you think Jobim and Aphex Twin are bad? What is wrong with you?

>Deathcontiousness.

prove me wrong mu

this so fucking much

>madvillany
>Kanye before he was good
>literally the worst Beatles album

stop

Everything after Graduation sucks.
Madvillainy has impeccable grooves.
While not the best produced album of 1967 (that would be Jobim's Wave) Sgt. Peppers has great production.

try a different Spirtualized album
many are more dreamy

>Sgt. Peppers

Stop being a grammar nazi, this Sup Forums not /lit/

hm. It's this thing called eyesight you see...

>Albums that suck
>ITAOTS
>Lincoln
>Is This It
>Beat Happening
Shit Taste

it's good

why is lil jimmy norton crying?

Is arrowheads the first song? If so then yeah.

That whole album is fantastic you gross cunt

>the album never gets to that melancholic high again where you feel truly alone in outer space
I don't understand how people get that out of the first track and not the rest of the record. I Think I'm In love, Home of the Brave/The Individual, Broken Heart, Cool Waves, and Cop Shoot Cop easily surpass the first track several times over.

I say this with it being my favorite album.

kek

Absolutely not. The mellower acoustic tracks are among the least inspired moments of the album. Nothing comes close to the industrial goodness of songs like Bloodhail and Hunter.

Seriously, though, I believe that Spiritualized is one of the most underrated bands, dude's been in the music industry for like 30 years and he hasn't gotten the recognition he deserves. Sweet Heart, Sweet Light is on my top 5 and LAGWAFIS is GOAT.

Compton by Dr. Dre

The intro and opening track are incredible. Truly feels like you're about to hear something groundbreaking. Then the rest of the album happens. Theres some decent tracks and even some other genuinely good songs (Deep Water), but the album mostly falls flat afterwards. There's great moments, but even these songs are inconsistent. There's a song with The Game where he really delivers one his best verses ever, but then the song just ends with this technically good, but misguided chorus/hook. It just feels so rushed and uninspired. It's really disappointing after the opening.

Fuck you OP. Whole album 10/10.

/r/ing the version of this album cover where someone whited out half the letters so it said "Spit lid" instead of "Spiritualized"

One of his best songs.

Rest of the record isn't bad, just way too long.

Red Rain is a great track. Sledgehammer is also OK but it's lost it's appeal to me over the years. Everything else is hot garbage.

Think I'm In Love is the superior track, OP.

this