Antidepressants?

Hey Sup Forums

Does Zoloft / Xanax kill creativity and the drive to make art? My doctor said I had to be put on it or I'm gonna end up killing myself but I don't want to become a brainwashed zombie

There's gotta be a solid percentage of people browsing this board currently on something, please

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kKyMvjPJdtM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It helps me a little bit, pretty much the same guy

If you're dead you won't be making any music, friend. If you feel dead inside you can always switch and/or use less dosage. user pulling for you m8

The drugs are a lie senpai. You'll never get over your depression if you think its permanent.

>8 year veteran of depression and multiple suicide attempts

No theyre just going kill you. Get off of them as soon as possible they're just a massive scam. Robert
Whitaker has a good book about it.

what exactly is your specific feeling of depression?

iT CAUSES PERMANANT DAMAGE TO BRAIN AND CAN MAKE YOU MORE LIKELY TO KILL URSELF. YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME IF YOU GET OFF OR ON IT. USE DRUGS TO TEMPORALILY BANDAID PROBLEM UNTIL YOU FIND A CURE.

He's not on them yet, also they do objectively help some people.

you dumb cunt.

This desu.Talk to any long time user.

Gimme that Z, O, L O F T

GIMME A GRIP

GIMME THAT Z..

You've obviously never had to deal with these kinds of doctors before. They're very aggressive and when they tell you maybe what they are saying is "I've already signed you up I think it'll be the right choice" meanwhile your shit self confidence will convince you he's right. It's very easy to exploit people when they are vulnerable ya cunt

Gimme a grip, make me love me...

Xanax > Prozac > Zoloft

Debate me

what other solutions have you tried? i don't trust antidepressants personally although they can help some people. david foster wallace wrote IJ on nardil, for example, so it's not like it's impossible to create art on antidepressants.

im on 200mg zoloft which iirc is the max dose except under special circumstances

it isn't as bad as people might think and if you get past the initial hour of sluggishness after a dose it makes you feel significantly more outgoing. hell i didn't even start making music until i was put on it. i mean the music is shit but still.

Elliot Rodger> Suicide>Virginity

I would debate you soley on the basis of a distinction between anxiety and depression

I don't know I've been taking prozac for almost two months now and I've literally never felt better in my life and feel so much more drive to make music than I have in the past few years. Same level of creativity I'd say but more motivation to execute my ideas. Don't really know about Xanax or Zoloft so I hope your doctor knows what they're doing with prescribing those because different meds work for different people

being on effexor was one of the worst things i've done in my life
i mean, im sure other drugs could be more helpful than what my medical """"""professional"""""" put me on
but really all i got was an inability to cum, numb senses and a pretty gnarly withdrawal

Effexor>Prozac>Zoloft
Xanax>Buspar>Prozac
ftfy

meant to reply to it really helped for me, but other people get other side effects

How long were you on effexor for? What was your dosage and what sorts of withdrawal if you don't mind me asking

Could you explain your choices for Prozac, Zoloft, and E?

youtube.com/watch?v=kKyMvjPJdtM

i've been med free for a while and have since relapsed but life goes on

i'm glad it helped you though user

really op all you can do is try it out
don't up your dosage too fast, if you don't like the meds once you off your dosage don't go cold turkey

YES RETARD!!! DONT TAKE ANTI DEPRESSANTS OR ANY PRESCRIBED DRUG THEYRE ALL HORRIBLE AND CREATE MORE PROBLEMS THAN THEY SOLVE.

YES IT WILL KILL YOUR CREATIVITY DO LSD INSTEAD. IT BOOSTS UR CREATIVITY 100X AND IT HAS THE POWER TO CURE ADDICTIONS, DEPRESSION AND EVEN ANXIETY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

THE FIRST TIME YOU DO IT YOULL REALIZE ITS NOT A DRUG, ITS A TOOL MY MAN!!

TAKE THE ULTIMATE REDPILL*

(I DO NOT CONDONE ANY DRUG USE)

a year and two months, 150 ml a day by the end of it

i did fuck up and go cold turkey when i quit, but in my defense weening myself off of it would include costly bi-weekly doctor visits to an office too far for a poor kid to drive to lol

honestly your capslock does not help make your point.

I have bipolar disorder and have only ever taken lexapro and a combo of lithium/latuda. Never fucking take lithium if you have even a hint of creativity in you that you wish to express. You will turn into a slug.

I ran out of effexor during a blizzard last winter and was bedridden for like 3 days. Otherwise it's kept me from killing myself so far and I actually want to make music again.

Hope you guys get a good psychiatrist who takes the time to figure out what you need. Out-patient is great from my experience, too.

>UHH LET ME POINT OUT HIS ANNOYING CAPLOCKS INSTEAD OF ACKNOWLEDGING ANYTHING HE JUST SAID

LMAO FUCKING KILL UR'RE ARE SELF U DUMB SINGLE DIGIT IQ FAGGOT!!!

what did he mean by this?

>UR'RE ARE SELF
>SINGLE DIGIT IQ

I've been on Lexapro (or at least some kind of SSRI) for most of my life, I still feel pretty creative. Then again I'm sure I've had some creative bursts in periods where I didn't take my meds right, so take this as you will.

>too embarrassed to tell my doctor I think about suicide daily and hear voices
>all I could tell him was that I felt sad
>he said it's not bad enough to see a therapist and didn't clear my insurance

JUST

Well I'm a long time user like says they are, I still intend on taking my meds (which is actually Lexapro as well), what am I supposed to do to get of these meds if they are apparently so "terrible"?

don't do anything on Sup Forums's account. if you've been on them for a year or so and feel you can go on without them begin to ween yourself off of them
of course that also depends on the half life of your medications
in my case (and others' cases), effexor is absolutely necessary to ween yourself off of because of it's relatively short half life
but others can vary
to keep this relative to music: no, antidepressants won't kill your creativity
benzos on the other hand, which i am still taking and are prescribed to, will

He meant that LSD is a great chemical that has the ability to really give the individual full-reign over who they really are, if used with purpose and meditative practice, which is actually how I managed to quit cigarettes, alcohol, bad eating habits and my constant depressive/suicidal thoughts. Hell, it even got me to stop jerking off so much

It has been over a year since i've done LSD and I can feel my 'old' self kinda coming back at times, but I attribute that to a lack of self-discipline

SAME BRUH, I DID A LOT OF ACID A FEW MONTHS AGO JUST BECAUSE I LOVED HOW CREATIVE I WAS ON IT. I WAS MAKING LIKE 10 NEW SONGS EVERY TRIP IT WAS INSANE.

BUT NOW I JUST MEDITATE WHICH GIVES ME AN EVEN MORE POWERFUL SENSE OF WELL BEING. LSD LITERALLY MADE ME QUIT LSD, TOO. I MAINLY USED IT FOR INTROSPECTION, THOUGH, SO I GOT REAL DEEP INTO MY THOUGHTS/CONSCIOUSNESS AND IT WAS SCARY AT TIMES BUT IT MADE ME SEE HOW IT LITERALLY CHANGED MY PERSPECTIVE FOR THE BETTER, NO DOUBT.

has shitposting gone too far?

I've literally been on them consistently from since I was in like 2nd grade (I'm 21 now) so I don't really know the difference of what is without.
Everytime I've stopped taking Lexapro I get unbelievably into a bad funk, is there anyway I can ween myself off of this SSRI without feeling bad or anything that I typically do after quitting Lexapro?