What sets them apart from other bands in their genre?

What sets them apart from other bands in their genre?

charm

pinkerton

double trips confirm

It all centers around Rivers, a damn good example of how sudden fame can fuck you up when you're not ready for it. Every album, even the bad ones, are worth analyzing as different points in Rivers' mental stability.
Also, the early stuff just had great instrumental work and good writing.

Their early stuff was based around Rivers' emotions and life experiences, which is why people like the Blue Album and Pinkerton so much.

Their more recent stuff is based around trying to stay relevant with a generic pop sound, which is why they haven't had a decent album in more than a decade.

I don't think there's anyone who likes their new stuff

nothing, they're trash

I love pinkerton for the brilliant insight into a side of a teenage attitude which so many feel but are too embarassed/ashamed to even talk about it, never mind write an entire fucking album about it; that childish, possessive, insecure, creepy character which is detested in a man, but has affected everyone at some point.

It also has INSANE production, he uses the band like Johnny Marr did, laying down a band format and then adding little bits of light and shade with overdubs of guitar and vocal. These splashes of colour are also what make brilliant pop melodies, little micro-hooks to get stuck in your head (ABBA also did this brilliantly).

And then there's the whole noisy rock sound of the album, a sound I alreadly loved before this, and here it's combined with pop melodies. A really interesting combo. Fucking love this album

The last two albums are generally liked not only on Sup Forums, but everywhere else too.

Do you not get on the internet much?

The white album is fantastic, and comes close to pinkerton in style of emotion.

I love Green, Red, EWBAITE, and White. Debate me.

You've never met any Weezer fans.

nothing anymore

Wheres the Maladroit love guys?

Most overrated underrated Weezer album. The melodies are really bad but have a ton of guitar fuzz so people love it. It's like the antithesis of green.

The album gets plenty of love from Weezer fans but tends to get overlooked by casuals. Easily their best album of the 2000s though. It was more representative of Rivers' writing style during that period.

>It's like the antithesis of green
In the best way possible. Green was the ultimate "let's play it safe" album and Rivers testing the waters after Pinkerton's initial failure. Maladroit however proved the band still had a creative spark and was also their most interesting album instrumentally. Sadly it was their last solid album for a long time.

>The melodies are really bad
So is almost ever Green album song. Except O Girlfriend.

disdain for blacks

Yeah Pinkerton gets a lot of attention for its subject matter, but beyond that it's also just an expertly crafted rock album, fun as fuck to listen to.

It's a classic, no matter how many Sup Forums faggots say otherwise.

their meme frontman

Smile is an easy 5/5
don't let the meme/cringey lyrics overwhelm you

Yeah, I respect the bravery of that album. It takes balls to present yourself as a sexually frustrated manchild

they are (were) gud

wait you mean these office worker no names that arent instantly recognizable do music? who cares? take your stupid ass filter selfies back to dumblr

someone's salty

I like EWBAITE

maladroit was great as well

>Island In The Sun

Sup Forums unironically likes them for some reason.

You have awful taste and you're a fucking pleb and you should kill yourself

Blue Album and Pinkerton are the only good albums. Green, Maladroit, and Red have a few good tracks, but that's fucking it

Blue album: 9/10
Pinkerton: 10/10
Green album: 6/10
Maladroit: 8/10
Make believe: 2/10
Red album: 5/10
Raditude: 1/10
Hurley: 5/10
EWBAITE: 8/10
White album: 8/10

never cared to check out death to false metal but ive heard it is terrible