/daily/ - "animal sanctuary" edition

It's summer, and you're posting on Sup Forums? God, you're pathetic.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, continue Jangle's Thrift Tourney (it's a pipe dream), just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>the new topsters

topsters.net/
>how does a website keep constantly fucking up like this?

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>new plug.dj room now that it appears to work again

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension of bad choices and silent regret (aka "taste")

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our Skype group if you're interested.

Most importantly, get taste!

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/collection/I_AM_FISH/stag/to do/
youtube.com/watch?v=KKmBRP9noQw
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/loren_mazzacane_connors/airs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

primo per i ragazzi

segundo para los niños

third for trash

third for the boys

did you say anime sanctuary

haha u dun goofed

haha yes I did
in my post above
haha

>still haven't rescued God
>nowhere near getting to Jim and p

Help me fill 'er up boys: rateyourmusic.com/collection/I_AM_FISH/stag/to do/

do Amanita by Bardo Pond brah
and maybe Criminal Minded by Boogie Down

oh look the best game ever with the best sqwad

/daily/, what are the record stores in your area like?

there are two that I go to regularly near me. the first one (the sound garden, pic related) has all the new stuff and a decent used selection. their record selection isn't as big as i'd like it to be (it's gotten much larger since the vinyl "boom", though), and most of the selection is pretty surface level stuff, but it's a really good store. they also have really good jazz selections, new (i don't think I've ever seen a new jazz record over $15 bucks, they sell em cheap) and used, and a good DVD selection.

the other one has a completely used selection, and it's called Books & Melodies (it's a book store too, duh). it's a much better book store than it is a record store, but it's still a pretty great used record store, at least for jazz. also for dadrock, springsteen specifically. which i guess is nice because I like springsteen. the owners are nice and there's also a qt cat that roams around :3

there's also another one further away from me that's owned by one guy that has a pretty lousy selection but the guy's really personable and nice and i would've felt really bad if i didn't buy anything so i bought something. definitely the worst one near me.

so, what are your local selections?

Good /daily/ thread pic idea for anyone who's actually good at PS/paint: Doopee Time but "Doopee" says "daily", all the numbers are 11, and the middle girl is hampus

will do

blackout - dreamworld
dadamah - this is not a dream
jeff mils - live at the liquid room
paysage d'hiver - s/t

i have heard none of these but they're probably the coolest ones

conet's like 5 discs long btw.

italiani di merda
808 get

i'll do it!

the first three are great, do those. i haven't heard the last one, but it looks cool.

oh wait BDP is already on there
uh

listening to paysage d'hiver in next couple days, but I'll do the others.

should probably give that its own day then :/

I am!!!!!!!!! Thanks for taking on the challenge.

Above the 12 it should say "Featuring the Boys"

also i saw there's three 6 maphia on your chart? that's the shit right there

there is one which has a lot of nice stuff but a lot of the prices are really stupid and dumb.
today i bought the Iggy mix of Raw Power for 4.99€, i saw the Heart and Soul box set for 30€, Animal Lover, The Tunes Of Two Cities & The Big Bubble by The Rez for like 20€ each, The Glowing Man for 15€, The Stooges s/t for 10€ and The Stooges s/t with bonus tracks for also 10€ what the fuck

RUH-ROH!

yeahyeah I'm near positive I'll love it I'm hype.

must be glorious to have developed a taste for literal trash, you can dine finely anywhere for free

trash tune btw
youtube.com/watch?v=KKmBRP9noQw

SAVE MEEEE

middle girl should be someone qter than him

If we're going for cute, I would suggest Misha or Herb Boy then

sick

yesterday was it's 50th anniversary btw

there are three in town, one of which being the music aisle of the big store with its overpriced everything. meaning you can get your Music on Vinyl reissue of any Foo Fighters album and buy a pair of Beats headphones for the modest sum of way too fucking much, and live the full pleb experience.
Second one is, pains me to present it that way but really that's accurate, p4k : the store. Any trendy and vaguely indie stuff ends up tehre, as well as some crates of second hand records and some second hand comic books as well. sadly there isn't that much you can't find anywhere else here. Might be nice for someone who likes 80s and contemporary rock more than I do.
Third one is great. they guy running it is a forer DJ and only sells what he wants to sell because he finds it good. Meaning there is shittons of latin music (which I really don't care about but goddamn that guy lived and breathed lating jazz), loads of cool bleeps and a fair amount of stuff vaguely thrown into the various "experimental/weird" crates.

hype for Hova Lett, I think you'll like it a lot

gotta listen to the one thing again and then horseman and i can kms

two i've been to: Record Theatre, been around since the 70s or 80s, apparently my uncle used to be one of the higher-higher ups there. nowadays it sucks, the college kids who work there are condescending assholes and everything's really expensive. two locations, the original one is bigger and has a back room full of used stuff, then a smaller one closer to the college that I actually prefer, saw some really awesome stuff there that I wish I had gotten
then Black Dots, a little punk "boutique", they get some really cool and rare used stuff from time to time, haven't been there much and went I did go i was totally broke, mean to go back there before they close down which I'm sure will happen sooner than later
oh yeah and also Vinyl Revival Records just opened up in Batavia, all used stuff, mostly junk but some cool stuff (a lot of Bowie, Eno and Prince specifically) that I hope is still there

*ahem*

They sell reissues for 15 bucks?? wow that's hella cheap.

I have two places near me

Record and Tape Exchange is my go-to place. It's a small store and they have like 0 new vinyl and everything but the new arrivals bin is mostly trash, but the people who work there are super nice and it's pretty damn cheap so I don't mind. Very good for finding old folk, blues and jazz, picked up a Mississippi John Hurt record and a Ali Ackbar Khan box set from there today.
They also know their shit abut records, they fix players, make their own cleaning formula, all that stuff.

Second is CD Cellar, which is a bit further out but it's pretty huge. First floor is all records, basement is all CD's (hence the name). More often than not they have at least 2 or 3 things that make me cream my pants, and then I look at the price and I start to cry.
Not to say their prices are terrible, just not very competitive. The staff is very cold and dull though, and they don't have a listening station :(

And when I'm in college I go to my friend's pop up shop because even though it's tiny and only sells new vinyl, he has hook ups with Numero Group, Light in the Attic, Sublime Frequencies, all this shit. And he sells all these god-tier reissues for like 2-3 bucks above wholesale price (not to mention I usually get a discount ;^))

literally who

neat

i just watched zootopia
what a nice movie

there's quite a lot of small, independent record stores in copenhagen right now.
i work at one of them, which is also where i used to go the most before i started working there. We almost only sell used vinyl, except for new Danish underground releases, and a bunch of free jazz reissues. Our selection varies quite a lot depending on what we get our hands on, but we have like a general rock section, punk, metal, noise/power electronics, jazz, """"world"""", modern classical and techno sections.
We also often have releases parties and concerts from local bands, and readings from local writers.
nice little place

feel free to edit

8.4/10 best new daily cover

i only have 3 options in this entire island:
first one's specs, they only sell new stuff and pretty expensive

there's electroshock, which is just entirely made up of used vinyl records that get donated, and local band stuff.

finally, my other option is this monthly reunion that's done about an hour away from me, where collectors come to buy and sell inventory. most of it is just collectors trying to get rid of the garbage they have, but you can usually find some cool stuff in there sometimes, as well as other collectors that sell mint/new copies of stuff. they also have local bands performing during that time, as well as other local bands selling their stuff, which is where i discovered my favorite local band, campo-formio [i played them in plug once dunno if anyone remembers]

literally me

That reunion sounds badass.

Born Gold - Bodysongs
Fall of Efrafa - Elil
Team Me - To the Treetops!

bready damn good. Thanks a lot nat!!

>Leave to go to bank and grab new bag o' coffee
>Walk across town
>Decide to check out record store while I'm there
>1 hour later leave with nothing
>walk to bank
>closed
>walk to coffee shop
>closed
>tfw accomplished nothing today because of record store
FUK

Listen to some Unknown Eskimo DJs.

you shouldve been as fast as that pig

not on the list silly

been memeing to try this out. Will do.

>The Residents - The Warner Bros Album

Well that was fucking terrifying.
When this group of weirdos was still in the very beginning, without even a band name, they mailed this tape to Hal Halverstadt of Warner Bros. Records. He didn't like it that much, and the tape was returned to "Residents, 20 Sycamore St., San Francisco". In that moment, the Residents were officially born, as the Residents, Uninc.

This bootleg is madness.
To be fair, it feels like it's weird for the sake of being weird (and that probably was the intention) but it's so full of interesting moments, I can't blame it. A lot of free improvisation is mixed with a little bit of psychedelic rock, blues rock, folk rock and just plain fucking around.
There are so many things going on, abrupt ends, various reprises, lots of noise, and and even more instruments.
Every idea, because I can't really refer to these as "songs" is interesting in its own way, from the crazy blues of "Going To Arcadia Blues", to the terrifying contrast of the sweet final part of "Concerto in R Flat Minor" and the pure chaos of "Gagagapiggaeioupe", to the disgustingly hilarious "Every Day I Masturbate on Merican Fag".

39 minutes for 39 (?) songs, this bootleg is crazy, psychedelic, humorous, varied and creative (in the wrong way).
It's a very interesting experience, doesn't matter if you are or not a Resident fan.

8/10

All of Yanka Dyagileva albums expect the first one

Charles Mingus - Mingus x 5

Kino - All the bolded albums (save black for last)

Well now I do feel silly.

John Frusciante - Shadows Collide With People
Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town
Django Reinhardt - Early Recordings

thank you all for the albums! i am very excited
winner gets droned!
still plenty of spots

N E W C H A R T

W H E R E T O S T A R T

the motifs- cross paths

Zelienople - Sleeper Coach

shade themes from kairos

Start by making a better chart.

Mgla pls

>where to start
to start with

i mean if you dont start with To Start With, Let's Remove The Colour just for the joke of starting with an album called To Start with then what's the point of having it there

Unwound - Repetition

i'm sorry if this was unclear
the restriction for round one is an album from the year you were born

95 checking in. Tricky - Maxinquaye

Boredoms - Vision Creation Newsun

Forgot trip.

>the restriction for round one is an album from the year you were born
My mistake
Unrest- Perfect teeth

>>where to start
>to start with
fug I diddn even realize

:^)

have to start with to start with, this next

Perhaps GFR is 12?

BOC - Music Has The Right To Children

Young people

sorry

Get off my lawn

sorry

That wasn't sdc who recced mushroomhead. Check trip.

Nah, it was me. I messed my trip up.

the year you were born?

oh boy

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/loren_mazzacane_connors/airs/

i am a little baby

What is the best asiwyfa album

inb4 b&

>Loren Connors
fuckin' noice

also shit you're only 16??

UNDERAGE
B8

meh, half the people on this website are younger than me

yup, 17 on the 7th though.

fuck, I thought I was one of the youngest here

holy fuck are you kidding me

>It's a half the general gets an underage ban episode

out of everyone here you were the last one i'd think would be underage

What's pension like, crusty old raisins?

What're the diapers like, incompetent toddlers?

nope, i am a little fetus

i'm hyped!

this is why i don't meme /too/ much, it'd blow my cover

>It's summer, and you're posting on Sup Forums? God, you're pathetic.

I live in South Florida. This is my winter.

kinda funny how the two youngest /dail/iens have arguably the best taste

hey since u might have a spot left and I'm actually tall enough to participate, try Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West

How am I the youngest?

>taste
>good
kids these days

nat i assume you're kidding but if not you fucked up

hey termi
i'm taller than u

not kidding...

haven't i told y'all this before?

>implying you can out-tall the German master race
and you lost in the age department as well, so shame on you, go cry like a little baby, which you are

this is nothing but a page of LIES

I mean your rym says 19 but good on you for sticking with the meme. see you in anywhere between 3 days and 2 years

fine, MOM

>fine, MOM
if it comforts you, I will suckle you, my child

fucking sakars, that mad genius

back to the regularly scheduled bullshit aka biding my time before i get b&

T Power - The Self Evident Truth of an Intuitive Mind (1995)
>atmospheric drum and bass, jungle

A very, very awkward mixture of more ambient, atmospheric D'n'B styles and more hardhitting, hardcore jungle styles. Both styles are done well, even if the more atmospheric parts aren't really gripping and a bit generic, but the combination between the two is pulled of very haphazardly. It's like a weird amalgation of an Amon Tobin record and a DJ Jeffee mix, it's just pulled off very awkwardly. The separate parts of the record make a very awkward whole.

oh i wanna change it to my actual age but i dont want every cover with so much as a nipple censored. doing that would censor Eureka's cover for chrissake.

there's actually one more spot still, unless i've missed someone!

i didn't intend for this ;_;

This definitely came up in a thread around last year. I think you mentioned it in plug/sync though, not in the thread.

I'll say DJ Shadow - Endtroducing

Bonobo - Animal Magic (2000)
>downtempo

Pleasant but unmemorable downtempo album, filled with lots of chill beats but nothing to really latch onto. I have to say I don't care for the more nu jazzier moments all too much, but the standard downtempo is done very well, even if it's just not all too memorable. Solid album, but I'd only listen to it if my only goal was to chill out.

2.5+

Misophone - Where Has It Gone, All the Beautiful Music of Our Grandparents? It Died With Them, That's Where It Went... (2007)
>chamber folk, psychedelic folk, indie pop

I really, really hate long album titles like this, but that has nothing to do with the music, so whatever. This album starts of really nicely, like a lost, cozier addition to the Elephant 6 roster, just very chill and pasoral poppy folk music. This sound keeps up for a couple more tracks, but it just completely loses all focus by the end. It's got a few cool flouncy circus music moments, but I can very safely say that the more psychedelic aspects of this album aren't very good at all. I can see what the artist is getting at, but it's just so disjointed and haphazard that I can't get into it. The more straightforward moments are pretty great, however.

2.0+

ooh yeah, i vaguely remember saying it in sync the literal one time i ever went in sync