My God, this just blew my mind. All those wasted years, I thought this was just some shitty vaporwave album

My God, this just blew my mind. All those wasted years, I thought this was just some shitty vaporwave album.

Is his other shit worth checking out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ShwvRYAbcw
youtube.com/watch?v=65IEpamPCuM
youtube.com/watch?v=JkZkOzsXwSw
youtube.com/watch?v=bHD6OPO7Tw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes although the first isn't as good

My #1 Album all time, gj finding it user.

You Will Never Know Why is nice, but it's not gonna be quite the same.

Red Seas, Dead Cities & Lost Ghosts has a similar vibe, but won't quite stack up.

Now imagine listening to it on acid. I'm trying not to sound like some hippie faggot but holy shit this album is made to be listened to when tripping balls. I'll never forget the first time I heard the transition in the middle of Fruitcake and Cookies, it sounded like a choir descended from heaven and started singing right next to my ear.

its good user but the shoegaze parts are vastly overshadowed by the long spells of idm. if the whole album was shoegaze tracks with bits of electronica to enhance it, it would be a serious contender for one of my favorite albums ever. as it stands, it's only like a 7/10 in my book. also, chocolate matter best song

i agree. the idm is really good but as someone who isnt that big a fan of idm it isnt as good as it could be. however, any shoegaze on this album is GOD TIER. chocolate matter is amazing.

pic related has no electronics but it is a very good pop album. I think it's better than V:D:C

Yeah my problem with it is the electronic parts are way too long and meandering.

For other electronic shoegaze, I've listened to M83 (Red Seas) and Deprecation Guild (IHGJ) and loved both.

That album is infectious. I've had Pretending stuck in my head for weeks. My only gripe is Air Supply, I love it but I don't really think it has a place on this album. It's very melancholic as opposed to the other tracks being upbeat or happy and kinda ruins the cohesiveness for me.

Check out "In Her Gentle Jaws" by The Depreciation Guild if you haven't already

They're the other main glitch/chip-gaze act; they've got two albums and are definitely worth checking out

I think someone from Pains Of Being Pure At Heart was in them while they were around too

If you ever wished Anamanaguchi would make something shoegaze influenced then this is definitely worth your time

youtube.com/watch?v=4ShwvRYAbcw

I've always thought the album had a bittersweet nostalgic feel. Songs like Darkness remind me of high school summers even though I only heard the album last year (no I'm not fresh out of high school).

YWNKW is also great if not almost just as good.

tbf tho, everything sounds great when you're coming up.

see i have the opposite view, i feel like dsco and chocolate matter etc. are not as good as the rest of the tracks, but i love tracks like Velocity, Design : 1, and Sept, and the meandering IDM is the best part for me.

>2:13 into dsco

Speaking of sweet trips

Thank you! Will check them out.

I will give the rest of the discography a listen, thanks!

You wanted rare sweet trips?

goddammit again

sorry op this thread is ruined

mom

fug

ye

kys

Milk makes me cry every time.
> you will drift away
> don't you drift away

Tfw she drifted away. Sweet Trip were right all along Sup Forums bros

reminder

I hail thee satan

yeah this album is actually pretty fucking dark, it's just masked with sugary sweetness. That's kinda why i love it, besides the genius pop songwriting.

The cover is a fucking razor with the words "you will never know why" on it for got sake.

It's Kurt Feldman, you twat. You disrespect him with this post. Also, what fucking glitch?

NOT AGAIN

Have to second this. If you have ever seen the guy before you'd remember. He's a megababe.

youtube.com/watch?v=65IEpamPCuM
youtube.com/watch?v=JkZkOzsXwSw
I just had these two videos playing at the same time and didn't even know, it was pretty chill..

everytime

youtube.com/watch?v=bHD6OPO7Tw4

this is better than v:d:c on acid

Anyone here have a torrent for You Will Never Know Why in FLAC ? Rutracker only got 320kbps

Why don't you download it and convert it to 320?

You are the biggest faggot on Earth. The glitchy bits are great build-ups, because they keep you waiting for the climaxes and releases all throughout the album. That's the great thing about this album, it doesn't give you much instant gratification, and that makes the good parts all the better.

This thread is what happens when Sup Forums plebs start aping a great album and have no idea how to listen to it.

>implying The Depreciation Guild is anywhere near as good as V:D:C
Not even worth trying, it's trash.

oh boy here we go again

ywnkw > vdc > halica > alura

most of the songs on this album sound like they were taken straight from beatmania or something

>breakdown baby
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

R.I.P. thread

>tfw even sweeter Trips went unnoticed

>breakdown baby
I wish they dis-included that phrase. I love the part after it though.

what
why

why do people like glitch stuff it sounds terrible

>summertard almost gets trips

literally the intention behind glitch stuff is to sound terrible so it must be a hipster thing, right? because normal people won't ever like glitch

It's pretty bad. Who the hell thought mixing IDM with shoegaze would be a good idea? It just sounds like complete garbage.

>literally the intention behind glitch stuff is to sound terrible
im gonna need some citations

normal people like boring stuff like coldplay and muse

> using hipster on Sup Forums
how are you enjoying your stay kiddo?