Are Crosleys as bad as everyone says they are or is that just a meme?

Are Crosleys as bad as everyone says they are or is that just a meme?

Are there any cheap alternatives someone could recommend me?

They're really good. i have an original of ITCOTCK and it works fine.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

FRANKIE SINATRA

There not as bad as people tell you (It's not going to fuck up your records in 3 spins) but there still pretty bad.

I'd try getting an LP-60 or go thrift store hunting. Crosley turntables are a last resort.

They sound pretty horrible. But if you don't care about the sound quality of Vinyl and just want to collect them to look cool then go for it.

I have this exact record player.

get something else. There's not even a headphone jack or anything to hook up other speakers

Sometimes memes are correct

big problem is that it's shit at tracking. yes, it tracks very heavily because there's no counterweight, but tracking heavily is not exactly the big problem. I got a crosley as my first turntable and noticed it was skipping a lot on a mint condition record. I returned it and got an lp-60 (budget friendly). this doesn't have a counterweight either, but it tracks well & lightly (something like a force of three grams). I've never skipped on this turntable, except for one of the records I played on the crosley... it had gained a permanent little pop/skip on the B side.

sorry if that was poorly written, hopefully you get what I'm trying to say. you could always save up for an lp-120.

>Are there any cheap alternatives
NO YOU FAGGOT! Being a vinylfag and record collecting isn't cheap, it's a luxury. If you don't want to spend alot of money on music just download everything and buy CDs.

underrated post

No it's just dumb

I giggled

buy used

>being this triggered
the only faggot here is you

LP-60 doesn't have adjustable tracking either.

I used to have one. My biggest problem is the speakers are really really shitty. The sound isn't good at all. Just get a regular turntable and hook it up to external speakers/receiver. Those all-in-one gimmicks are horrible. Thing broke on me after a few months also.

LP60s have a moving magnet as opposed to a ceramic cartridge, so it objectively sounds better than shitty crosleys and other briefcase TTs and it won't hurt your record. If you really want to get into record collecting, start with the LP60 if you're on a budget, the U-TURN is also good but a bit pricier. but you can upgrade the cartridge/tonearm.

in summary: don't buy crosleys. they're for hipsters and novelty collectors.

absolutely correct

>cheap alternatives
don't bother getting into vinyl if you can't afford it. it's an expensive hobby so just save up. you're going to be wasting cash in the long run if you don't

Where's that picture of a crosley literally tearing into a record?

>mfw my mom took out her record collection to show me, including an original copy of ITCOTCK because my mom wasn't a pleb, and we played that on the crosley, including an original copy of The Yes album.
The last track kept skipping too.