Grimes

Do you agree with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

playgroundmag.net/articulos/entrevistas/Im-to-Kate-Bush-Ive_5_828567136.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_music
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

idk i've only ever heard art angels and it was aight i guess

Check Visions, it's different and better. Art Angels is great too.

But Vulnicura was good...

>this decade's bjork

How fucking dare you. Grimes is nothing compared to Björk. Vulnicura is better than anything Grimes has put out, as well as(in my opinion) Björk's best album.

This talks about her as if she is musically dead, which is outrageous.

I believe she's this decade's Bjork in that people desperately want her to be this decade's Bjork, just like they wanted Radiohead to be this generations Beatles. Retards like this need to find approximations of cultural milestones from the past in order to feel as though their generation's creative output is valid. It's pathetic.

The comment was from 2013, before Vulnicura.

Vulnicura is bland and sad, tho. Not a single memorable song. The days of Hyperballad, Joga, Cocoon are truly over.

Ah, that explains it. Biophilia was far from Björk's best

>"I don't think I sound in any way like Björk. I also never really listened to her that much."

playgroundmag.net/articulos/entrevistas/Im-to-Kate-Bush-Ive_5_828567136.html

assuming this is a real discussion not b8.

first off, bjork is undeniably powerful singer grimes doesn't even come close in terms of raw vocal talent. not even the same ball park.

other than that, I could possibly see it, from the standpoint of like production abilities and the varieties of influences shes trying to incorporate.

Well, Bjrok actually makes good music, and Grimes pushes random buttons on GarageBand until something sounds tolerable.

Experimentation is the source of all great art.

Not when you use it to make standard pop lmao

>killercorgi
More like this decade's bork, am I right?

>Not when you use it to make standard pop lmao

ESPECIALLY in the case of making "standard" pop. How else do you think classical music (music that transcends era in terms of popularity) comes about? Bach, Beethoven, Mozart - all examples of musicians writing brilliantly from within the POPular music trends of their respective eras, but also daring to throw unbridled sonic experimentation into the mix.

Pop as in the modern genre, not pop as a simple shorthand for popular.

Modern pop music is - by definition - just a placeholder for whatever style of music happens to be popular at a given time.

how can one man be so damn stupid
kys

>how can one man be so damn stupid
>kys
Sometimes Wikipedia is just plain wrong (or - in this case - written by short-sighted people.) In sixty years that same article's gonna look completely different - which is my point.

what are you talking about stone milker and black lake are bangerz

Is Grimes the modern day Morrissey?