'sup Sup Forums? first time posting on this board...

'sup Sup Forums? first time posting on this board. i was just wondering what genre of music you would call the song linked below? specifically up to the one minute mark with the woman really kicking in. also if you could recommend any other songs like it that'd be dandy.

youtube.com/watch?v=stWae6r7Blw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qg2IGTQsvZY
youtube.com/watch?v=ztPGThfD_GY
youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0
youtube.com/watch?v=ICSk8-pJkX8
youtube.com/watch?v=LY41Q1FYokQ
youtu.be/YDsBZPKh7A8?t=36
youtu.be/UsnRQJxanVM?t=50
youtube.com/watch?v=sur4qN_4Oi8
youtube.com/watch?v=DaoyKECQnPw
youtu.be/WGJbuHUbw8k
youtube.com/watch?v=T_mJUwgwhgQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's shit-core. Cheesy game soundtracks are the primary content of it.

oh hi it's the worst trip this board has ever seen

Oh hello newfag!

>Shit-core
>Comprised of cheesy works

So is it shit or cheesy?

kill yourself baby boy

well I liked it

The two work off of each other.
It's a horrible main menu theme, it doesn't even work as plain music.
If OP had posted: youtube.com/watch?v=Qg2IGTQsvZY

I wouldn't have complained.

I disagree tbqh
I actually really didnt like the one from Dark Souls 2 and how can that stand on its own if the one from DkS3 cant?

>doesn't even work as plain music

That's just silly it's an amazing piece by itself.

>horrible main menu theme

Absolutely.

>I actually really didnt like the one from Dark Souls 2 and how can that stand on its own if the one from DkS3 cant?
Because it's made with (presumably) synthesized instruments/voices but is composed in such a way that the weaknesses of these artificial voices are not shown. The distortion and atonality of the voice opening for instance. Then the focus on lyrical, flowing instrumental lines.

The DS3 music accentuates the fakeness of the orchestration through the melodic voices with no voice and awkward phrasing. In addition, the music uses a very basic chordal makeup compared to the DS2 main menu theme, which is much more ominous and imposing because of its more chromatic nature.

DS3's theme is trying to be Dragonborn but forgot that Soule used a real chorus.

>DS3's theme is trying to be Dragonborn but forgot that Soule used a real chorus.

The use of strings completely sets it apart from Skyrim's OST. The strings have that ominous and foreboding sound to them.

I agree with you if only because Motoi Sakuraba is a great composer, but Yuka Kitamura has her moments.

youtube.com/watch?v=ztPGThfD_GY

The best Souls composer is Tsukasa Saito.

youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0

youtube.com/watch?v=ICSk8-pJkX8

>The use of strings completely sets it apart from Skyrim's OST.
...which also uses strings.

Bloodborne's soundtrack is actually orchestrated afaik so I'm sure that helps.

Without the sense of foreboding. It's in my post.

In DS3? There's no foreboding, it's fucking fortissimo and fast rhythms. It's fanfare.

>fanfare
thats a stretch

If you can find me something in Skyrim's OST that sounds like 1:08 and on in the DSIII main menu theme I'll shut up.

How is it a stretch?

The First Hunter is the best song in Souls history so that's also unfair.

I mean I just don't understand. Dragonborn is clearly triumphant, music where in a film you'd see a montage of knights moving into battle formations. DSIII's main menu theme sounds more like boundless slaughter.

Nah, DS3's is pretty much entirely the same. I get exactly the same feeling from Dragonborn as I do from DS3 except for DB's ending, which ALSO is an example of Soule being a massively better composer.

Soule really is amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=LY41Q1FYokQ

So you have failed to find me a track that sounds like the strings from 1:08 and on. Brilliant. I don't know what to tell you if those two tracks sound the same I really don't. Enjoy your evening I guess.

You never asked for that.
youtu.be/YDsBZPKh7A8?t=36

Except of course the one I linked is, again, ACTUALLY foreboding because of Soule's proper understanding of harmony. Unlike the hack for DS3.

>You never asked for that.

>If you can find me something in Skyrim's OST that sounds like 1:08 and on in the DSIII main menu theme I'll shut up.

Your link isn't even from Skyrim's soundtrack which is what the initial comparison was in the first place. C'mon man.

Oh.
Then here: youtu.be/UsnRQJxanVM?t=50

youtube.com/watch?v=sur4qN_4Oi8

You might like this.

jesus fucking christ this is embarrassingly bad

The timestamp you linked doesn't have strings that sound like the DSIII track that carry that foreboding sound. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

What the fuck man what is wrong with that track? It's amazing.

>What the fuck man what is wrong with that track?
Like I said earlier it REALLY emphasizes the fakeness of the instruments. There's no care in splicing the sounds together, it's horribly balanced, it's electric guitar with harpsichord with fuck knows what else.

Oh huh. Not so much the reaction I expected.

Did you listen to the Bloodborne songs I linked before?

Try this one, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=DaoyKECQnPw

That's fair. I can't really tell that shit.

I thought you killed yourself already?

>youtube.com/watch?v=ICSk8-pJkX8

1:43 onward is seriously amazing

I dunno whats up with the rest of this video after the 2:45 mark though. Its a different version that I've never heard before.

It's called garbage. Try listening to some real music.
youtu.be/WGJbuHUbw8k

youtube.com/watch?v=T_mJUwgwhgQ
I like this track the best from DS3