Apple May Block iPhone from Taking Photos, Video at Concerts

>Apple May Block iPhone from Taking Photos, Video at Concerts
>Audiences may soon need to put their phones away at live concerts after Apple patented a technology that blocks the iPhone’s camera feature.

>The new software, which hasn’t been officially introduced by Apple, would reportedly allow venues to use an infrared beam to disable a mobile phone’s camera, preventing users from taking videos and photos.

>The development comes as musicians and actors regularly complain about the growing use of mobile phones and selfie sticks at live performances, which allow fans to immediately share content on social media for the millions of people who didn’t actually pay for tickets.

JUST

variety.com/2016/legit/news/apple-may-block-iphone-from-taking-photos-video-at-concerts-1201806381/

Reminder that iPhones have only gone downhill since the 4s

Its funny because 90% of metal fans use android.

Good, it ruins the atmosphere

Yeah, this won't cause backlash.

This is literally only a good thing.

Is this implying that bands actually believe people skip their shows just because they can watch shit quality snippets in their social media feeds?

Wait until cops use it on anyone recording them

This will happen.

this

'Backlash' from millennials just means liking & sharing and change.org petitions.

>people still buy iphones
Literally why?

thats good news. I have disdain for fags who spend their concert time on their phones

This, fuck anyone who uses a phone during a concert. Unfortunately it will probably never happen because the technology could be abused so easily.

Do they really care if someone who "didn't pay for the ticket" sees 20 seconds of shakey, terrible footage? I don't like sound of that, and not because I ever use my phone at concerts, but because they'll take such invasive measures to stop something so ridiculously minor. It makes me wonder what else they'll do to stop people from doing things they don't like.

They are the best phones on the market.

Not if you care about privacy or customization

I can understand when its people like the guy at massive attack yesterday who spent the entire time filming himself dancing and pulling faces and occasionally turning the camera on the band, but fuck if that should mean I don't get to take even one photo

your're right. this is definitely not the solution. i think guys like this guy should just get castrated and in a few years - problem solved

>privacy
Android fanboys are so fucking ignorant, it pisses me off. Apple is one of the most important forces in privacy reform today, while Google knows absolutely everything you've ever done with your phone.

Actually if you look at the San Bernandino case they are generally more secure than Android phone. Older phones don't use full-disk encryption because of the slowdown.
I think the new ARM's have crypto acceleration.

You're literally just spewing out more than horse shit saying this, honestly man how can you be that autistic?

>2016
you can just google any artist and you'll get better quality pics and audio than the shit any iPhone can record, these guys are just sinking their own boat

this happens already in some "democratic countries"

If anything, people sharing their videos of shows between friends would help boost a bands exposure

>using iPhone

L.E.L.

Counter my argument then. Prove you aren't ignorant rather than shitposting.
>inb4 I don't need to prove anything to you

>using an iphone

ive always wondered what it feels like to be retarded

this, holy shit