I hate when anco fans act like this album isn't a 10, and rate hcti or some other bullshit higher than it

I hate when anco fans act like this album isn't a 10, and rate hcti or some other bullshit higher than it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RIICXi18JAg
genius.com/37785
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anco don't have an album higher than a 6.5

I don't like also frightened, and some of the 2nd half of the album, not a 10 for me. i think Spirit and Sung Tongs are better.

stfu luke

I hate when little bick neckers make this their phone wallpaper and pretend to be patrician

fuck off geo u useless cunt

you ruined painting with and chz

their 10/10 albums include: spirit, sung tongs, feels, strawberry jam, and mpp

I haven't listened to Painting With because I'm scared
Should I give in

that's literally the best song on the album

Their 10/10 albums
>Spirit
>HCTI
>Strawberry Jam
>ODDSAC
Their 9/10 album
>Sung Tongs
Their 8/10 albums
>Hollinndagain
>Campfire Songs
>Feels
>Merriweather Post Pavilion
Their 7/10 albums
>Danse Manatee
>Centipede Hz
>Painting With

Also Frightened isn't even in the top 5, please stop deluding yourself Panda.

I hate when anco fans act like anco have any albums better than 3/10

>mpp and feels
>not 10/10

fucking disgusting taste bro

>my girls
>that low

when will the "my girls isn't the best song by anco" meme end?

Nobody called you a dreamer

I hate when anco fans exist.

Brother Sport, My Girls, Summertime Clothes, even In the Flowers is better

also frightened is an avey song and its amazing.
shit ratings in general.

Stop being defensive.

UP UNEVEN STEPS AND TALKING'S HARD

In The Flowers is actually my favourite anco song so i kinda lied when i said AF was the best
still better then BS, MG, or SC

Here Comes the Indian is the most interesting thing they have done. Some of their stuff is nice, but it gets old fast

but its not the best song by anco

dunno why you'd get emotional about that

i personally like spirit, sung tongs, feels, strawberry jam and hcti more than MPP

but i think they were also consistently great until recently so MPP is still a really good album to me

the best songs on mpp are as follows: in the flowers, my girls, daily routine, guys eyes, taste, brother sport

hollinnd tho

When will the >8/10 is a bad score meme end?

Do you appreciate the subtleties of Taste, bud?

>also frightened is an avey song
Incorrect
>and its amazing.
Correct

Try not to be a baby and think that 8/10 is a bad score.

yes please

Nah it's

>Brothersport
>Taste
>Guys Eyes
>In the Flower
>Summertime Clothes

My Girls and Daily Routine are good songs but nowhere near the best. Give it a rest.

Where tf is lion in a coma on all of your lists

Imagine this album hadn't been marketed well. What score do you think p4k would have given it? What would it have on rym today?

Do it, you pussy.

Song for Ariel > Guys Eyes

youtube.com/watch?v=RIICXi18JAg

whatever. cant argue that those songs arent amazing. however, my girls imo is vastly underrated on Sup Forums, probably due to its popularity and catchiness

OPENUPYAOPENUPYAOPENUPYATHROAT

Lion in a Coma is the worst song on MPP.

Let me wait for you to stop frothing.

It kills the entire momentum of the album. The album begins a gradually slowdown starting with Daily Routine, reaching an excellent pace by Guys Eyes. And then Lion in a Coma absolutely rips that into pieces for really no reason.

It could've been placed better, or even more, just not included. No More Runnin works along with the intended structure, where the album slows down all the way until Brothersport kicks it into high gear for a last hurrah.

I like Lion in a Coma. It probably has some of the best lyricism on the album. But it fucks over the album, and its the worst song on it.

I'm not saying it's a bad track at all. It's just overwhelmed by the other more standout tracks.

I get what you mean. It's absolutely worth discussing but is overlooked due to being the most popular AC song out there. But I'm not going to let that make me overrate what it is. It's a great track, surrounded by even better tracks.

I can see where you're coming from but I think it works absolutely perfect. It's not supposed to be just a slow paced album, it's supposed to be a heavy synth accessible album which it does perfectly

im glad we agree

HCTI and MPP are both some of their best, though.

i haven't listened to that record in a long time but it is really good. i like danse a lot too but not until recently

>it's supposed to be a heavy synth accessible album which it does perfectly

Even with that, Lion in a Coma doesn't really work with it. I can see where it's coming from, they did put effort in placing it after Taste's tropical rainforest soundscaping, but it's just so jarring from everything else on the album.

I'm not saying the whole album has to be slowly paced; in fact, the first four tracks and the beginning of the fifth are all quite high energy. It's those remaining four and a half tracks that allow the space the album needs. Most of their albums roughly follow this formula, setting up the first half with high energy jams and spreading out that feeling over the second half, with the last track picking up where we left off.

I love Hollinnd, don't get me wrong, but after Forest Gospel it degenerates pretty hard.

I feel this. With Feels in 9/10.

anco's best album coming through

I can see this. I suppose I rate it lower, maybe because the stuff above is better.

Spirit, Feels, and Campfire Songs are their only albums that make me feel sad. They're three out of the four albums I've ever cried to.

that title belongs to "safer", friendo

i think you mean this

Thank you, friend.

Now I'll wait for the one person on Sup Forums who hates it to show up.

Here's what I don't get about My Girls:

"I don't mean to seem like I care about material things, like
>a non-material thing
I just want
>material things
for my girls"

outing you as a pleb rn

I'M ALRIGHT IF YOU'RE ALRIGHT

IM ALRIGHT, IM ALRIGHT, IM ALRIGHT, IM ALRIGGGGGGGGGHHHTTTTT

MPP doesn't feel good to me in the textures. I don't like it. Sung Tongs is more my speed.

is a home really a material thing?

"Four walls and adobe slabs" is a metaphor for a stable and loving home.

I've tried to defend this before as Panda treating something like social status as far more material and bound to this world, than something that is literally material but much more figuratively important to him like adobe slats for his girls.

Basically, Panda doesn't care about the immaterial fame, because it only brings material things. Panda DOES care about being able to provide a house for his loved ones, a material thing that brings immaterial concepts - love, fatherhood, being a good husband, family.

It's a mixed metaphor, granted, but I see what he means.

asking the real questions

And a social stats is usually determined by material things.

You mean a house? As in four walls and a roof?

Yes. That's definitely a material thing.

I'd be able to believe that if the lyrics preceding the chorus didn't include the line "I only want a proper house" and the song weren't about wanting a literal house for his family

I mean so basically what we've learned here ladies and gents is that panda can sing whatever the fuck he wants and we'll have booker t. washington over here rationalize the ever-loving shit out of it til it "makes sense"

This is an explanation I can get behind.

A social status is based on superficial material things like wealth, while the importance of 'four walls and adobe slabs' is family.

This is true for literally every musician.

I'll justify Meatloaf lyrics if you want me to.

he wants four walls and adobe slabs, meaning a home. a home is not material, but the four walls and abobe slabs are.

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK ADOBE SLABS ARE

>a home is not material

>the song weren't about wanting a literal house for his family
Where? That one line that could also be a metaphor?

>I will have sons and daughters
Panda makes the claim that he will provide a family for his dying father, achieving him the single goal of every father in the evolutionary sense.
>And I will say, here are your grandchildren
Not only does he claim he will achieve this goal, but he will do it prior to his father's death, letting him personally see his success as a father, as his son becomes a father himself
>And you will see them
The true tragedy of the lyric, is that Panda's father died before the birth of his daughter Nadja, denying him the intention of the song.

I can do this with any Panda song.

These things

genius.com/37785

>Where?
It's what the whole song is about?

A home is not material. A house is.

>synonyms

But how are you certain it's not a metaphor?

>you are legally retarded

HCTI and Campfire Songs are their best albums you plebeian

found the contrarian

How are you certain it is a metaphor?

user, were you really this asspained about this chart?

Home is where the heart is.

Surely you're at least in high school, and understand the difference between the immaterial home and the physical structure of a house?

yes

tfw no hollinnd

>he fell for the pleb, patrish, contrarian trichotomy
I like MPP, but HCTI and CS are just a lot better

My only issue is that you rate lower.

Feels really doesn't deserve to be that low, and it's not even in my top 5.

I didn't include it because it's a live album, but it's a 9/10

Yes, if you think a house isn't a material thing you are mos def retarded tbqh stepfam

ok contrarian

Because plenty of unhappy kids live in literal four-walled homes and it still doesn't stop their childhoods from sucking.

>No one ever includes ODDSAC

It is literally the only 10/10 they've released in the past ten years.

Have you even listened to HCTI and CS more than once?

Which album do you fags think I should to next if MPP was my first?

>No More Running that high

It's not a song about not being an abusive alcoholic of a father, user

It's a song about a house, with 4 walls and adobe slabs

yes im just teasing ya ;) but forreal CS is a solid 8 and hcti is a solid 7, whereas MPP is a solid 11

All of them

But Strawberry Jam if you like MPP

>he doesn't like No More Running