I don't typically do this, but I'm in dire need of help

I don't typically do this, but I'm in dire need of help.

I'm talking to a girl right now, another thing I seldom do, and she enjoys classical, particularly Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Dustin O'Halloran, and Shostakovich, all of which have dense discographies in which I've no clue where to begin. Please guide and help me with these composers. I'm unfamiliar with all aspects of classical composition.

Please.

Please help.

>Chopin
Nocturnes, Sonata No. 2, Etudes, Fantasie-Impromptu, Waltzes
>Tchaikovsky
Symphonies 4 & 6, Piano Trio, Violin Concerto, Piano Concerto 1 (I don't like this one but you might),
>Dustin O'Halloran
Never listened
>Shostakovich
Piano Concerto 2, Symphonies 5 and 10, String Quartet 8

They wrote some better ones but these ones are easily accessible.

Thank you.

My personal faves from these guys

>Chopin
Piano cconcerto 2, cello sonata, etudes for the left hand. desu everything else is shit.
>Tchaikovsky (cool kids call him Tchaik)
Symphony 4-6 (don't neglect 5, it's the best one), string quartet 2, Eugene Onegin, desu everything else is shit. Don't listen to the ballets unless you want the part of your brain that processes trumpets to stop working.
>Shostakovich (cool kids call him Shosty)
desu everything he wrote is shit, but The Nose, his cello concerto, and his symphonies 9 and 13 are on top of the pile.

Thank you as well.

smack her in tha booty

>faking your music taste for a girl
great job unty, build relationships upon things that aren't there, brilliant long term thinking.

In addition to the other recs, I will say that Chopin's mazurkas are pretty neat.

Check out Tchaik's tone poem or whatever you want to genrify it as "None but the Lonely Heart" for a short but satisfying stint.

If you wanna kill yourself listen to all the late shostakovich string quartets

maybe unty's just trying to get some quick poon, you sperg

he basically became a paranoid crazed asshole due to the communist regime and decided to start making SLOW AS FUCK music that aimed to describe wanting to die.

It's not a faked interest.

She likes classical. For the sake of facilitating interaction and establishing experiences, I at least owe it to her to explore the genre, at least some of her favorites. That's just the decent thing to do.

That said, she's already done talking to me, it seems. Can scarcely blame her.

Thank you as well.

>if you wanna kill yourself listen to all the late shostakovich string quartets

Do you mean that the volume is so exhaustive that I'll die trying, or that musically it's appropriate for suicide?

Anything featuring strings piques my interest, though, so I'll at least try a few.

>That said, she's already done talking to me, it seems.
Definitely listen to Shostakovich's late quartets

ya goofed

Oops.

>aimed to describe wanting to die
Ah. That sounds very neat indeed.

I'll definitely explore those.

I will.

How obvious of you to point out.

ya goofed again

>unty's just trying to get some quick poon
lol, yeah, that's it

unty's not even a good tripfag but he sure knows how to go mining for poom