Which is better

which is better

person pitch, most definitely

Innerspeaker. Sundown Syndrome alone puts it over PP.

Person Pitch obviously.

not Lame Impala.

Innerspeaker obviously

I thought this exact phrase when I saw the thumbnail.

innerspeaker but they both suck really

Person Pitch by a lot

Innerspeaker easily. Person Pitch is just DUDE REVERB AND SAMPLES LMAO: the album

I could easily make a general statement about Innerspeaker too, but I won't stoop to your level

obviously pp

As someone who really enjoys rock/guitar music I can actually say Person Pitch is a lot more interesting overall.

Person Pitch

I think Innerspeaker is honestly more impressive, but Person Pitch is above and beyond the better album.

I'll give Kevin infinite props, but Panda was established and doing at leisure, with no hopes for succeeding. Maybe that's what you guys see in Innerspeaker, but that ambition is both its strength and its undoing, because whenever it doesn't hit the mark (which is shockingly often), it's clear how much he wants it to work.

They're ultimately not really comparable, despite both being psychedelic pop. One is a fun endeavor used to cheer themselves and their family up after a difficult period, the other is the breakthrough of an artist in their journey to emulate their idols.

it pains me how much you think tame impala is nothing but revivalism but person pitch isnt

innerspeaker. it's HOW I FEEEEEEEEEL

I think it sounds p unique.

Exactly. It's not like P-Boo is inspired by the Beach Boys or anything.

neither, tame impala sucks lol

Well if we're just going by influences. Beach Boys>Beatles, therefore, Person Pitch>Innerspeaker

That's a moot point
Yes his vocals are Beach Boys inspired...
The album's sound as derived from the Beach Boys? No cigar.

I suppose my last sentence implied that, but really, I don't think it isn't clearly revivalist.

In fact, since Person Pitch is composed almost entirely of samples from what Panda likes, it's much more revivalist. I don't think Tame Impala is nothing but revivalism, because it's clear he's executing a personal understanding, it's just that he's using what he views so important as the methods for reaching and understanding of it. Person Pitch I suppose is similar in this regard, but instead of emulation, is outright recitation of the things Panda loves.

Both are good albums, I don't want this to be a contest. I tried really hard to get that across, Innerspeaker is a lot more commendable for what it is. Person Pitch is still far more accomplished, which isn't surprising from an established musician.

person pitch not even close

could say the same for innerspeaker, Beatles esque vocals but different style of music

Although Panda admits Beach Boys were an influence, they really aren't the impetus for this.

I completely get seeing the similarity between his and Brian Wilson's singing style, but the lyricism, and ultimately the way he structures the vocal melodies, are completely different. He didn't make Person Pitch as a Pet Sounds tribute, and it doesn't really sound like that when you get down to it. It's much more tied to his love of hip-hop if anything (though Tomboy is even moreso based in hip-hop), which is transparent when you see his list of influences.

caroline no ends with the sound of a train passing by

Person pitch starts with a train or coaster coming to a hault

I am the walrus ends with radio interference and static

innerspeaker starts with a burst of static

whoa

i came buckets

HOLY SHIT

Person pitch no contest...

damn....

!!

nice generalizations